• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Saw S650 Mustang Commercial Advertising on TV today

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
another interesting note: looks like there will be a ‘23 Camaro.

GM likely saw the new mustang and thought of Ford can get away with that, so can they.

a facelift, some suspension tweaks, an engine upgrade or two, and bam. Free money. Even if it doesn’t sell that great.
No, there won't be any big upgrades to the Camaro. I was actually the one who got spyshots of a spotted camod Camaro prototype with a Low-wing ZL1 1LE spoiler last year and released them, but it turned out very quickly thanks to the guys of the camaro forum that this actually was an old prototype that was spotted years ago and was maybe just headed to dismantling. However this clickbaity youtube channel lethal camaro came up with very bad rumors what he heard about big camaro upgrades including getting the LT2 engine for one model year.

Just to be clear, Chevy hasn't spend any money on the Camaro for many years now, and now anybody would believe they would invest millions of dollars to put the LT2 engine (which can't fit into a frontengined car without big modifications) into the dying Camaro (remember all the regulations and emissions tests to bring a new engine on the road)? And all of that for only one single modelyear? After they already scrapped the Z/28 mid development? The best we could get is a sticker package as a goodbye, but don't expect more than that.

Chevy teased an electric Camaro with trailers for their ultium platform. But it looks like that won't happen anymore since Chevy decided to extend the Corvette name instead of pushing the Camaro nameplate. Latest believable rumors state that the Lansing plant of the Camaro will produce the standalone electric Corvette model and some kind of Corvette BEV-SUV. Why even bother with an electric Camaro thingy if the real Camaro model can't find customers anymore.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I knew I heard the Seperate Ways Remix of this video before, but with the actual voice of Steve Perry. Did they actually licensed the Stranger Things soundtrack?

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I knew I heard the Seperate Ways Remix of this video before, but with the actual voice of Steve Perry. Did they actually licensed the Stranger Things soundtrack?

You bring a good point, do you think they will have (a) character(s) pouring over the stang?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
No, there won't be any big upgrades to the Camaro. I was actually the one who got spyshots of a spotted camod Camaro prototype with a Low-wing ZL1 1LE spoiler last year and released them, but it turned out very quickly thanks to the guys of the camaro forum that this actually was an old prototype that was spotted years ago and was maybe just headed to dismantling. However this clickbaity youtube channel lethal camaro came up with very bad rumors what he heard about big camaro upgrades including getting the LT2 engine for one model year.

Just to be clear, Chevy hasn't spend any money on the Camaro for many years now, and now anybody would believe they would invest millions of dollars to put the LT2 engine (which can't fit into a frontengined car without big modifications) into the dying Camaro (remember all the regulations and emissions tests to bring a new engine on the road)? And all of that for only one single modelyear? After they already scrapped the Z/28 mid development? The best we could get is a sticker package as a goodbye, but don't expect more than that.

Chevy teased an electric Camaro with trailers for their ultium platform. But it looks like that won't happen anymore since Chevy decided to extend the Corvette name instead of pushing the Camaro nameplate. Latest believable rumors state that the Lansing plant of the Camaro will produce the standalone electric Corvette model and some kind of Corvette BEV-SUV. Why even bother with an electric Camaro thingy if the real Camaro model can't find customers anymore.
thats what I said. GM can do the bare minimum and still sell. Not great numbers a few inexpensive tweaks go a long wa, and would milk a few more drops from the alpha platform.

Ford basically just facelifted the s550 and tweaked a few things and called it new. That could have an encouraging effect for the Camaro.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
They’ve been pretty quiet. There are a few 23 MYs being delivered now. They had a decent price increase for MY23, and they’ve made no changes since 2020 except for copper free brake option (cali required). It was rumored they were going to throw the LT2 in the Camaros, but that’s not happening. They might do a dodge-esque last MY edition. They’ve done things like 50th anniversary and a hot wheels edition before.

thats what I said. GM can do the bare minimum and still sell. Not great numbers a few inexpensive tweaks go a long wa, and would milk a few more drops from the alpha platform.

Ford basically just facelifted the s550 and tweaked a few things and called it new. That could have an encouraging effect for the Camaro.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Just me? Or does it look like this GT grille has an additional opening (long horizontal) at the bottom?

I appreciate this is CGI, so not full representative of production.......but I like it!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
They’ve been pretty quiet. There are a few 23 MYs being delivered now. They had a decent price increase for MY23, and they’ve made no changes since 2020 except for copper free brake option (cali required). It was rumored they were going to throw the LT2 in the Camaros, but that’s not happening. They might do a dodge-esque last MY edition. They’ve done things like 50th anniversary and a hot wheels edition before.
It’s interesting for sure.
the bar is pretty low right now. GM can do just a few tweaks and continue to be #3. It won’t be great sales, but enough.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Just me? Or does it look like this GT grille has an additional opening (long horizontal) at the bottom?

I appreciate this is CGI, so not full representative of production.......but I like it!

Dude, I wish that made production.
Sponsored