• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Safe to use remote rev during the break-in period?

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Is it safe to use remote rev during the break-in period?
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
short answer: yes

long answer: you are going to get a bunch of different answers from people about anything about break-in. my answer is based on my personal experience from my Mach 1. i kept it under 5k rpm most of the time, but did bring it to redline a few times during break-in. my oil catch can was dry as a bone to the last day i had it, and after break-in, i was getting it 7k rpm+ at least once a day for 5 days a week for 6 months. as long as you are not living above 5k rpm, you should be fine

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
short answer: yes

long answer: you are going to get a bunch of different answers from people about anything about break-in. my answer is based on my personal experience from my Mach 1. i kept it under 5k rpm most of the time, but did bring it to redline a few times during break-in. my oil catch can was dry as a bone to the last day i had it, and after break-in, i was getting it 7k rpm+ at least once a day for 5 days a week for 6 months. as long as you are not living above 5k rpm, you should be fine
now from what ive read, there isnt a break in period on these butttttt, what was your break in period for the mach 1? what did it entail?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
now from what ive read, there isnt a break in period on these butttttt, what was your break in period for the mach 1? what did it entail?
my break-in was 1000 miles, varied rpm and load, and try to keep it under 5k rpm with some rare exceptions. will be doing the same thing for the Dark Horse

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
my break-in was 1000 miles, varied rpm and load, and try to keep it under 5k rpm with some rare exceptions. will be doing the same thing for the Dark Horse
I'm 350 miles from 1k so im close there, id say ive crossed 5k rpm more than a few times but i haven't been obnoxious, never was with my 2015 gt. i did however hit 151mph the other morning in pursuit of seeing if the governor was at 145mph like someone had mentioned on here, it is not at 145mph lol
Sponsored