• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sacrifices....

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Mine donā€™t play. She wouldnā€™t go. Same reason I donā€™t go to target. We end up counting the clock, asking questions like ā€œdo you need another quilt?ā€ ā€œWhy does it say 5.0 on the side? I thought it was a horse.ā€ Then both leave mad.

I noticed something hilarious in this pic I posted yesterday:

Screenshot_20221114-185755_Gallery.jpg

20221114_185720.jpg

20221114_185551.jpg

Remember to hug your significant other once you log off M7G at 2am.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Totally gonna be my family at the upcoming Auto Show in Greenville, SC. I'm going just to see the Mustang, and I intend to spend a LOT of time there.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
We don't have any auto shows here in the UK anymore, so I have to get my fix by visiting Ford dealers. Not all Ford dealers can sell new Mustangs, it tends to be just the bigger franchises. I make a point of checking out the latest colors each year. Gonna be a long wait for me.....the last of the '22s are now at the dealers and we're skipping the '23MY entirely, with S650 getting here (hopefully) by this time next year!

US-spec S550s were shown at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, so there's at least a glimmer of hope Ford might bring an S650 over for that event in July.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We don't have any auto shows here in the UK anymore, so I have to get my fix by visiting Ford dealers. Not all Ford dealers can sell new Mustangs, it tends to be just the bigger franchises. I make a point of checking out the latest colors each year. Gonna be a long wait for me.....the last of the '22s are now at the dealers and we're skipping the '23MY entirely, with S650 getting here (hopefully) by this time next year!

US-spec S550s were shown at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, so there's at least a glimmer of hope Ford might bring an S650 over for that event in July.
Do you have to have right hand drive? Otherwise it might be worth your time and money to just order a left hand drive one from the UK, come pick it up in the states, and ship that joker to England. You'd probably get one of the first S650s in the country that way. Of course there's the notorious MOT. Does England still require yellow rear turn indicators instead of red? I seem to recall that was a law when I lived in the UK in the late 90s.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Do you have to have right hand drive? Otherwise it might be worth your time and money to just order a left hand drive one from the UK, come pick it up in the states, and ship that joker to England. You'd probably get one of the first S650s in the country that way. Of course there's the notorious MOT. Does England still require yellow rear turn indicators instead of red? I seem to recall that was a law when I lived in the UK in the late 90s.
No, we're lucky that we can still import and register LHD cars. I have two LHD S197s. The cars have to go through an initial IVA (Individual Vehicle Approval) which is like an extended MOT (annual roadworthyness test). A US-spec car would need front sidelights (a low level output white light to supplement the headlamps), a rear fog light and rear turn signals that appear amber.

The only real downside in terms of S550/S650 is that a LHD car would not hold its resale value, as 99.9% of buyers would want a RHD UK supplied car. This was never an issue for previous gens, as they were never sold in RHD form over here.

Also, with a crappy exchange rate, plus shipping, import tax (10%) and then VAT (20%) on top of that you could end up paying more than you would for an official UK car.

:)

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, we're lucky that we can still import and register LHD cars. I have two LHD S197s. The cars have to go through an initial IVA (Individual Vehicle Approval) which is like an extended MOT (annual roadworthyness test). A US-spec car would need front sidelights (a low level output white light to supplement the headlamps), a rear fog light and rear turn signals that appear amber.

The only real downside in terms of S550/S650 is that a LHD car would not hold its resale value, as 99.9% of buyers would want a RHD UK supplied car. This was never an issue for previous gens, as they were never sold in RHD form over here.

Also, with a crappy exchange rate, plus shipping, import tax (10%) and then VAT (20%) on top of that you could end up paying more than you would for an official UK car.

:)
Makes sense why you would want RHD if it holds value better. The British pound has frequently had better value than the US dollar, so I can see why you want to avoid the exchange rate...and then there's the taxes you mentioned. That alone would make me wanna cry! Good luck with your purchase! Let us know how it works out.
Sponsored