• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 UK orders

markimark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Black.
Hi folks. Where are you guys looking to get updates? What system is your dealer using?
Mark
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Only place to get an update is via the dealer and they use a system called vista.

They'll look up your order details and be able to send you a screenshot like attached, which is the latest from mine.

The interesting bit seems to be the 'order date' which is some point last december where ford pre-allocated all of the builds. Most (but not all) that have a date of 16th december appear to have fallen into a black hole.

Would be interesting to know the orig order date of the one the dealer found for Gregs24

I havent seen any dates after the 16th either.

Capture (4).PNG
My original 'order' was 16th December but the new one is 15th November

I don't think any had VIN's in February when I ordered so there was no way for the dealer to know which would be built first. Probably just picked the first one that came up with the correct spec. But I suspect there are other people out there that could get their car earlier by swapping to a different build (same spec) from the list. Even though my car was an earlier order date than yours it was built a week later. I think they have had problems with the scheduling of these builds in the system and as you say some are in a black hole!

My ETA to dealer is the same as your car so probably the same ship

S650 Mustang S650 UK orders image006

markimark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Black.
Cheers - my order states 16th Dec and thats it!!! So I guess im lost in the void...frustrating.

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi R8 ,Audi RS4, Aston Martin GT8.
I ordered my DH early January , was given a build date end of April which I changed the spec of and was told this was accepted by Ford and the new build date would be " slightly later ".
I have now been told that the earliest new allocated build slot I will be given is late Q3 /early Q4.
From reading the posts here this doesn't sound particularly unusual behaviour from Ford ?
Might I also presume that if then, any car will then be MY25 so might at that stage have different colours , options and indeed prices ?
I'm not necessarily happy about the delay but nor am I too upset and still want the car obviously but don't want to feel I am being strung along.

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your thoughts Keith.
Agree entirely about the lacklustre sales attitude.
I have gone back to my salesman with a friendly but firm note.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I'll find out in few days if my car made it onto last week's ship or not. Yours probably didn't make it to the dock in time. They will most likely meet up in Antwerp anyway and then come over to England together. The boats seem to be going via Liverpool shame they don't get dropped off there.

Edit - It took 5 days from 'shipped' to 'compound in' for me but that was over memorial weekend.
The 'Atlantic Sea' left on the 6th
Next ship is 'Atlantic Sun' on the 15th (later in the week than usual)
Then 'Atlantic Sail' on the 20th
Just a heads up they don’t go to Antwerp any more, they go direct to Liverpool , they also usually spend a fair amount of time sat at the docks waiting for a ship

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I ordered my DH early January , was given a build date end of April which I changed the spec of and was told this was accepted by Ford and the new build date would be " slightly later ".
I have now been told that the earliest new allocated build slot I will be given is late Q3 /early Q4.
From reading the posts here this doesn't sound particularly unusual behaviour from Ford ?
Might I also presume that if then, any car will then be MY25 so might at that stage have different colours , options and indeed prices ?
I'm not necessarily happy about the delay but nor am I too upset and still want the car obviously but don't want to feel I am being strung along.
If it moves over to a MY25, then Ford will hold the price for customers who have already placed a order, as long as they keep producing a DH, 🤞 they have better colours for 25

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I have seen the ships go via Liverpool didn't know if they got off their though my salesman couldn't find what route it would take. It'll go for a pdi somewhere ...

They're are ships pretty much weekly but have no idea how many vehicles they can hold or how big the queue is.
There’s a compound just outside Liverpool they hold them in, then they deliver them to dealers from there, ship take a huge amount of vehicle but I don’t think they book them on to a ship until they arrive at the dock so that usually delays them a while

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There’s a compound just outside Liverpool they hold them in, then they deliver them to dealers from there, ship take a huge amount of vehicle but I don’t think they book them on to a ship until they arrive at the dock so that usually delays them a while
Do they still do the underseal there?

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would go back to the dealer and get them to check if there is a car of your spec already in build.

I think UK dealers have been as in the dark over this as everybody else. The initial batch of cars ordered by Ford were put on the system for UK dealers to order from (this is not the normal practice for European cars) I think what went un-noticed was that all of these fixed spec cars were not equal. They had different order dates on the system in November and December 2023. If a dealer just picked a car with the correct spec without checking the order date then they could easily pick a later rather than early one. Those later ones have not even been scheduled yet but the earliest ones are built (none were scheduled (had a VIN) in February when orders opened officially). I'm pretty sure dealers did not know the difference between these pre-ordered cars, and some still don't.

If you don't yet have a VIN then the earliest the car will be built is August for delivery October but there are cars built and on their way now that may be available if your dealer looks into it. Dealer demo cars are in this first batch too.

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it moves over to a MY25, then Ford will hold the price for customers who have already placed a order, as long as they keep producing a DH, 🤞 they have better colours for 25
I guess will have to wait and see then.I’ll be happy to stick with Crystallised Grey though if nothing new available.

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would go back to the dealer and get them to check if there is a car of your spec already in build.

I think UK dealers have been as in the dark over this as everybody else. The initial batch of cars ordered by Ford were put on the system for UK dealers to order from (this is not the normal practice for European cars) I think what went un-noticed was that all of these fixed spec cars were not equal. They had different order dates on the system in November and December 2023. If a dealer just picked a car with the correct spec without checking the order date then they could easily pick a later rather than early one. Those later ones have not even been scheduled yet but the earliest ones are built (none were scheduled (had a VIN) in February when orders opened officially). I'm pretty sure dealers did not know the difference between these pre-ordered cars, and some still don't.

If you don't yet have a VIN then the earliest the car will be built is August for delivery October but there are cars built and on their way now that may be available if your dealer looks into it. Dealer demo cars are in this first batch too.
Thanks for taking the time to reply with this.
Supposedly my dealer has already checked and still seems the only DH’s inbound are what Ford have specced ie Ember with no spare allocations.
He did say he could get me one previously but I would have to take it in Ember which I don’t want.
All first world problems but clearly wanting to spend £70k isn’t as easy as you would think !

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT