• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 RIGHT HAND DRIVE MUSTANG PROTOTYPE SPOTTED TESTING

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
I saw these images on Facebook. Apparently, this one was spotted in California.

It's LHD, but "Euro Spec" with those mirrors. Like in the video Ace posted, you can see the tail lamps have what looks like a ridge, below which will flash amber (hopefully!)

Proto 4.JPG

Proto 3.JPG
Again it is a Test Car, and the convertible above has the light's On. Also there is Something very unusal about those exhausts too - I think we will have to wait and see....
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt they would have developed a completely unique light set up including sequential turn signals if they just wanted to get the test cars out. Then the car would have just use the US rearlights.

Too bad the few pics of the export S650 doesn't really show if the rearlights were really red or clear and just switched on. Maybe Australia is getting clear taillights while other export markets gets the rear ones. Hopefully Ford will reveal the export models soon so we are clear what we get

Here's a pic of the european model.
1675326674077.png
That is my point ie "I doubt they would have developed a completely unique light set up including sequential turn signals if they just wanted to get the test cars out. Then the car would have just use the US rearlights."

They probably just used the existing or easily accessible Tail Lights on the Test Cars , although they obviously have "Developed a unique setup" ie white as per the Race Cars.

As I understand it the Sequential function is just an electronic control module.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
As I understand it the Sequential function is just an electronic control module.
Look closely, they installed a never seen before setup in the housings that feature orange leds in the lower part and read leds in the upper part. Since there aren't multicolor LEDs you can't do that just by a control module. Of course it's still possible that this is a unique setup for middle east or other non-european export markets
Maybe they didn't have time for the final setup for the racecar (as seen in videos it still has the ugly two inners bars are red brakes, outer bar is orange turn signal), so they reused the leds from the previous model in the clear housings, since they already were approved for the previous racecar.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Again it is a Test Car, and the convertible above has the light's On. Also there is Something very unusal about those exhausts too - I think we will have to wait and see....
That's a PEMS (Portable Emission Measurement System), not the real exhaust. You often see them on european prototypes for the emission tests. This pretty much confirms the awesome finding of Twin Turbo should be the european model

Here's PEMS on what turned out to be the Mach 1:
S650 Mustang S650 RIGHT HAND DRIVE MUSTANG PROTOTYPE SPOTTED TESTING 1675367880169

And here's the C8 with PEMS:
S650 Mustang S650 RIGHT HAND DRIVE MUSTANG PROTOTYPE SPOTTED TESTING 1675367998849

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
The Australian Supercar taillights have been referred to in this thread. They were said to be bespoke in a video I watched a while back. I presume they meant both the housing and the lens.

OP
OP

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like these...although personally. i doubt Ford would go to the trouble and expense of making bespoke or Pre-Production Taillights for the Australian Mustang S/C if they were inconsistent with the planned Australian (Export) Market OEM Production Cars.
S650 Mustang S650 RIGHT HAND DRIVE MUSTANG PROTOTYPE SPOTTED TESTING 1676063378636

S650 Mustang S650 RIGHT HAND DRIVE MUSTANG PROTOTYPE SPOTTED TESTING 1676063395824

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This looks like the same "Euro" tester as posted earlier in this thread. I say "Euro", so those wheels look like 18" maximum, and we only get '19s. Of course, being a tester, it could be anything!

Ironically, this was spotted by a Brit on holiday (vacation) :)

S650 Mustang S650 RIGHT HAND DRIVE MUSTANG PROTOTYPE SPOTTED TESTING S650 Euro 1

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
This looks like the same "Euro" tester as posted earlier in this thread. I say "Euro", so those wheels look like 18" maximum, and we only get '19s. Of course, being a tester, it could be anything!

Ironically, this was spotted by a Brit on holiday (vacation) :)

S650 Euro 1.jpg
Export model Ecoboost, really interesting to see. At least for europe at the moment they only announced the GT as the base model.
Sponsored