• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Insurance

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
So I know there are a few on here with Mustang orders in who will be similar to me and only drive their cars on weekends, not daily or track use. I expect to clock around 2k miles a year. I have been looking online at options besides my regular insurance (quoted $1150 for 6 months, but I have a teenager on that policy). Grundy and Hagerty appear to be covering the car for a really good annual premium $700-900 annually with agree on value. Is anyone else shopping insurance? What have you found? Anything better than Grundy or Hagerty?
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I paid like $250 for the year for my C6 Z06 through SafeCo for an agreed value policy. Similar to Hagerty. They paid out a ~$4k claim for me.

DxrkLucy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang GT track pack 6-speed manual
I called progressive who i currently go through and they told me if i traded my current car in for my built car that my monthly payment would go up about 80$.. idk if living in a city has anything to do with it but i couldnt find anybody cheaper than progressive and i have 0 accidents, 0 speeding tickets. 100% clean driving record, somehow... ...knock on wood 🤣🤣

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I paid like $250 for the year for my C6 Z06 through SafeCo for an agreed value policy. Similar to Hagerty. They paid out a ~$4k claim for me.
That's about what I pay for my classic with American Collector's, but that company doesn't insure modern vehicles. Might need to give SafeCo a call. Do they insure in all 50 states?

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
I....only drive........on weekends, not daily or track use. I expect to clock around 2k miles a year.
Dunno about insurance, but you better get a battery tender installed.

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dunno about insurance, but you better get a battery tender installed.
I usually run my weekend fun vehicles at least once every 2 weeks, and they're in a climate controlled garage. So far haven't had any premature battery failure.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
I usually run my weekend fun vehicles at least once every 2 weeks, and they're in a climate controlled garage. So far haven't had any premature battery failure.
You will.

These cars never shut off, there's a constant drain. And if the battery isn't 100%, the dashboard lights up like the 4th of July.

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will.

These cars never shut off, there's a constant drain. And if the battery isn't 100%, the dashboard lights up like the 4th of July.
Good point. I have an old truck that sits for maybe a week at a time. No electronics so no drain. I'll have to watch it IF I ever get the damn thing!

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Good point. I have an old truck that sits for maybe a week at a time. No electronics so no drain. I'll have to watch it IF I ever get the damn thing!
Note;

If your GT has a voltmeter, and you always see it pretty high, like staying at 14+ volts, that doesn't mean your battery is at a perfect charge.

The voltmeter gauge shows the output of the alternator, not the voltage in the battery. So if it's running at 15 or 16 volts all the time, that means the battery is begging the alternator for juice, because the battery is low.

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
I was wondering the same thing. My USAA policy tentatively goes up to 1600 a year for a GT based on VIN input alone. Similar with a 23 GT VIN.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
but you better get a battery tender installed.
^ This. For anyone driving infrequently, a tender should be one of the 1st mods to do. Modern cars are a lot like modern electronics: they almost never shut off. Lots of good choices here. The tender can be hard-wired to the car, allowing for quick connects and disconnects.

Regarding insurance, I have full coverage with USAA and pay $1200 a year just for Skye. I'm insuring Skye, Trinity (the Tacoma) and the house (the thing with no name) through USAA.

My auto/truck coverage is higher, with like 250/300K limits per person. A quick trip to the emergency room wipes out a general liability policy in moments.

Like everything else, auto insurance in-general is increasing across the country. 2023 is the first time in my life auto insurance actually increased, instead of decreasing with the depreciation of the car.

A lot goes into formulating a premium, so yes, shop around. Consider price, but also customer service and how well they pay out. I haven't done it with auto, but when shopping Homeowner's, many companies had poor service or a lot of issues paying.

If storing the car in the winter, discuss with that carrier. Read the policy. Some step down their coverage during storage, reducing the premium. Some have found to be making assumptions about storage, later realizing they are not covered as well as they thought. YMMV. Companies can/do cover differently with respect to this topic.

For those in CO, the state offers a simple comparison tool, to help with shopping. Your state might have something similar.

https://doi.colorado.gov/for-consum...-comparison-reports-auto/homeowners-insurance

Last edited:

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
So I know there are a few on here with Mustang orders in who will be similar to me and only drive their cars on weekends, not daily or track use. I expect to clock around 2k miles a year. I have been looking online at options besides my regular insurance (quoted $1150 for 6 months, but I have a teenager on that policy). Grundy and Hagerty appear to be covering the car for a really good annual premium $700-900 annually with agree on value. Is anyone else shopping insurance? What have you found? Anything better than Grundy or Hagerty?
All insurance is based on the area; how much coverage; type of drivers and their driving experience. Living in a large urban area; having full coverage; low deductible; drive over 3,000 miles a year; and having a male driver under 25 on your policy should send your premiums through the roof. BTW: A marginal credit rating will increase your premiums, too. Recommendation get a separate policy for your Mustang.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
I was wondering the same thing. My USAA policy tentatively goes up to 1600 a year for a GT based on VIN input alone. Similar with a 23 GT VIN.
Love USAA, but their insurance costs are astronomical. I moved to Progressive 2 years ago and quite happy.

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have USAA also. They are great for a daily driver, but for anything you don't drive a lot they are higher than the likes of American Collectors, Grundy, and Haverty. I have American Collectors for the truck in my profile pic. $300 a year and an agreed on value. They won't insure "modern collectibles" so I am looking at other options. Like Skye said, I do NOT want a teenager on the premium that the Mustang is on.

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
I'll have to shop it around. I already don't want to renew my truck and fusion this June.
Quick interwebs search priced USAA as #1 in policy costs.
Sponsored