• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
?? Wider contact patch puts the power down better.
I’m just playing around my dude

But in reality 305s on a volume level would drive up replacement costs like crazy for your average owner and would likely eliminate a bunch of alternative choices in the A/S category for people living up north

It would make more sense to make a more aggressive compound available instead since that would impact mechanical grip more than an additional 10% contact patch width

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I’m just playing around my dude

But in reality 305s on a volume level would drive up replacement costs like crazy for your average owner and would likely eliminate a bunch of alternative choices in the A/S category for people living up north

It would make more sense to make a more aggressive compound available instead since that would impact mechanical grip more than an additional 10% contact patch width
Or, AWD. ;)

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
If you kept it staggered, then you're looking at 295/305. That setup (last I checked), was very slim on tire options, and none of them were even moderately priced. Tough pill for the average GT owner I would think.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I just want ya'll to know my 1LE came standard with 305s all around - in 2013 😁
As long as they offer the option for a bespoke set of wider wheels and tires for performance trims or packages I’m all for it lol

But imagine if every GT came with those standard 😂 goodbye Mustang GTs at every local rental company

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
As long as they offer the option for a bespoke set of wider wheels and tires for performance trims or packages I’m all for it lol

But imagine if every GT came with those standard 😂 goodbye Mustang GTs at every local rental company

Yes, an option is all I am asking. 255 and even 275 rears seem a little thin nowadays.
Sponsored