• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RTR Grille Damaged on delivery TWICE

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I ordered the RTR Grille on black Friday and received my first on some time in mid-December. I opened the box and unraveled the bubble wrap to find some pieces of plastic broken off the grille. It appeared to be some mounting points that stick out further than the rest of the grille, so I thought fair enough, damage in shipping happens, and RTR was pretty quick in responding and sending out a new one. I did however mention to them that the 1 or 2 layers of bubble wrap really didn't seem like it was adequate for shipping. You know you stuff gets thrown around, and your packaging should accommodate for it.

Come today when the new one arrives, and again after opening it I immediately inspect it to find it's cracked, along with dents in the box indicating when it was smashing up against multiple times.

RTR, it's a pain in the ass for me to have to keep waiting for these parts to arrive, but I can't imagine this is great for you either to deal with. The packaging clearly needs to be improved.

Has anyone else had the same issue or am I just unlucky?

S650 Mustang RTR Grille Damaged on delivery TWICE RTR 1

S650 Mustang RTR Grille Damaged on delivery TWICE 1

S650 Mustang RTR Grille Damaged on delivery TWICE RTR 2
Sponsored

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Hopefully they make it right. Stinks this has happened twice now.

raceheart77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
man, that's thin plastic. I would be worried about them cracking just driving them around over bumps, rock impacts, and in hot/cold weather. The box doesn't even look too much smashed up either.

Last edited:

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
its about as thick as the plastic on the stock grille, this is just a classic case of UPS being UPS. RTR needs to use more packing material.

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
A couple of years ago when we ordered replacement/modification parts for my 2019 GT from American Muscle, I was horrified to see the damage to the box!! Thankful that the contents of those boxes were not damaged. Even the Amazon boxes I get are often damaged. It is a shame that UPS does not take better care of our packages.

S650 Mustang RTR Grille Damaged on delivery TWICE 20210602_173604

S650 Mustang RTR Grille Damaged on delivery TWICE 20210602_173548

S650 Mustang RTR Grille Damaged on delivery TWICE 20210602_173538

RTR Vehicles

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang RTR
First, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and thank you for your patience with this situation. After chatting with our Customer Service Team, they have mentioned that you have been in contact with them and they have advised that they are working towards a packaging solution to accommadate the additional steps in the international shipping process for your order.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The company I used to work for shipped a lot of maintenance equipment and the contract stated next business day delivery though if needed we could do it faster. We played around with shippers and finally decide on FED X. We had less than a hand full of packages that we had trouble with and when a package was lost, the secretary or shipping had it.
We allowed UPS to return packages because we could tolerate a late delivery and we could repair any damage before the unit was sent out again.
Drop shipping was the worst and when the customer insisted on one, we would drop ship and send one FED X. Normally the FED X packing would win the race.
Sponsored