• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rev Match Does Not Rev High Enough

GrabberGundam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Grabber Blue Dark Horse w/ Manual
Is anyone else having this issue?

Example. When downshifting from 4th to 3rd the rev match does not rev high enough for a seamless transition. The engine speed needed is about 6k but the computer will only rev to 5k. This is at about 75 mph

Another example. Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd at 60 mph also does NOT provide a seamless transition.

In both scenarios I am still having to manually blip the throttle to ensure a seamless transition but only at those speeds mentioned. Itā€™s quite tedious to have to second guess if a rev-matched downshift will provide a seamless shift or am I too high of an engine speed for the computer to compensate.

Please, Iā€™m going crazy over here. I had a 2019 GT that had NO issue downshifting and having the computer provided a seamless shift.
Sponsored

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Interesting issue I've never observed myself, except on a few rare instances where I was clutching out too fast.

Have you tried giving it an extra quarter second before pulling your foot back up?

It could also be the computer expecting you're going to brake, and pre-emptively compensating for a loss of speed that never actually happens.

rubbertoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine seems to be the opposite. It feels like sometimes I am letting out the clutch too late and miss the match.
I am considering turning off the auto blip and trying to rev match on my own.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Never thought I would use the rev match feature after 55 years of driving manuals, so I must be getting lazy, but I really love it. Perfect rev match every time.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Dark Horse M6, 2020 EB HPP
My only complaint so far has been rev hang on 1st to 2nd shift. Every other gear it drops to the needed RPM instantly every time. But going to second is a legitimate second and a half or so? Either have to slip it, or move a good bit slower or it's a pretty rough shift, which is unfortunate as this would generally be the shift you do the quickest even in stop and go traffic.

Otherwise all other rev match gears work great and instantaneous.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
My only complaint so far has been rev hang on 1st to 2nd shift. Every other gear it drops to the needed RPM instantly every time. But going to second is a legitimate second and a half or so?
sounds like a simple fix for a savvy tuner.
oh wait....

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Dark Horse M6, 2020 EB HPP
Why didn't we think of that?! In a topic about rev match, talking about rev match issues.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My only complaint so far has been rev hang on 1st to 2nd shift. Every other gear it drops to the needed RPM instantly every time. But going to second is a legitimate second and a half or so? Either have to slip it, or move a good bit slower or it's a pretty rough shift, which is unfortunate as this would generally be the shift you do the quickest even in stop and go traffic.

Otherwise all other rev match gears work great and instantaneous.
Out of curiosity, when coasting in neutral and you remove your foot from the accelerator and you tap the gate for second what rpms does it show?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
that might work, but it just points to Ford RevM being shite or having certain unhelpful failure modes. I don't use RevM because my god-given right ankle works plenty good to blip throttle.

I despise gratuitous 'aids' which some programmer used to justify his existence, and then balled it up.
Sponsored