• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Reusable Oil Free or Dry Filter Replacement for OEM Intakes

Are you interested and how much would you pay for 2 filters?

• Total voters

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I wanted to get some data regarding interest in reusable oil free or dry filter replacements for the OEM intakes. I am not interested in aftermarket intakes given the lack of tuning, cost for two intakes, and the only one on market removing the closed boxes. I doubt there is much performance to gain but the OEM filters and the WIX OE equivalent are ~$40 per filter or $80 per year to replace.

Think of something similar to Steeda/K&N drop in oiled filters but without the issues with oiled filters.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm using a dry, reusable filter from Ford Performance (built by Air Raid). I checked for 2024s and do not see one listed in their catalogs (yet).

Steeda did some same-day dyno testing with several performance filters; they are worth 1-3 HP. My butt dyno noted improved throttle response and a slightly different intake sound.

I felt the best benefit is I bought one filter for the life of the car and could clean it whenever I wanted. Mine can be washed with Simple Green and tap water, then left to dry for 24 hours. I've washed it twice and the filter shows zero signs of wear. It is well-built, with a cotton gauze material and a protecting mesh screen.

For the one filter, I paid $97.00.

The 24MYs are still kind of new. Now in the field, vendors will be updating their product lines.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Donā€™t want to stomp all over your thread but I didnā€™t see the lower cost option. $20 a piece (tbh thatā€™s all Iā€™m really ā€˜willingā€™ to pay but we know how that goes).

Iā€™d like a to see a pretty basic kit that uses the stock boxes, replaces the stock tubing (without the lame addition), and use two 20 dollar (green reusable washable) filters - one for each tb.

OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Donā€™t want to stomp all over your thread but I didnā€™t see the lower cost option. $20 a piece (tbh thatā€™s all Iā€™m really ā€˜willingā€™ to pay but we know how that goes).

Iā€™d like a to see a pretty basic kit that uses the stock boxes, replaces the stock tubing (without the lame addition), and use two 20 dollar (green reusable washable) filters - one for each tb.
As far as the filter goes, that is not realistic for anything decent. The paper oe equivalent filters from Wix are nearly $40 per.

As @Skye mentioned, last gen was $97 per filter through Ford Performance.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
As far as the filter goes, that is not realistic for anything decent. The paper oe equivalent filters from Wix are nearly $40 per.

As @Skye mentioned, last gen was $97 per filter through Ford Performance.
Oh i know and thatā€™s why I feel the way I do regarding air filters. Ainā€™t no real reason they gotta cost so much.

OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else have some feedback for this? Plenty of views in the thread but not a lot of votes.
Sponsored