• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear mats????

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Husky Weatherbeater and X-Act Contour Review Comparison Mopar Jeep Grand Cherokee (youtube.com)

Older video, but should still be applicable.

For me, the X-Act Contour are softer material, which I prefer. No feet/shoes sliding around. The Weatherbeaters are 'harder' and seem like they belong in a truck or SUV.

I have owned both the Weathertech floor liners and the Husky X-Act Contours.
Thanks for posting the video. So it does indeed sound like the Contour's have more of a softer, rubbery feel whereas the Weatherbeaters are most likely more stiff and plasticky and probably more slippery hence the lower price point. Can anyone here confirm this?

At this point I'm probably leaning towards the Contour's but I would like to order them from Amazon and they only sell the front set. I do need something for the back for my daughter who will ride back they but only occasionally. Maybe I can just find a cheap set of rear one's to put back there. You can't even really see them anyway so as they as they are black it shouldn't be an issue. I guess I'll have to look around and see if I can even buy a set of cheap one's for the back.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Thanks for posting the video. So it does indeed sound like the Contour's have more of a softer, rubbery feel whereas the Weatherbeaters are most likely more stiff and plasticky and probably more slippery hence the lower price point. Can anyone here confirm this?
🙋‍♂️

(I thought I already confirmed this?)

At this point I'm probably leaning towards the Contour's but I would like to order them from Amazon and they only sell the front set.
Order them from RealTruck.com. They own almost 30 brands of products including everything from ARE, Bak, BedRug, exTang, Lund, ReTrax, Truxedo, Undercover, Husky Liners, and many others. I've ordered at least a couple dozen products - everything from multiple sets of Husky X-Act Contour liners to a $4,000 ARE Z-Series truck cap. Their products are top notch and their customer service is top shelf. When I bought 2017 F150, it was the first year of the P558 platform, and I got it with the carpet delete. The Huskly floor liners for that platform with the carpet delete option was brand new, and they sent me one of the first sets before they even put them on the web site. When I got them, I reported the most miniscule issue, and they advised me that they had already updated the design -- and they sent me a brand set set free of charge. Didn't even want the old ones back. I kept running the original set and eventually sold the truck with them. I still have a brand new set of these mats for that truck in the box in the pole barn! ;)

Point being, they are a great company to work with, you can get the fronts and the backs from them, and their price is almost identical with Amazon (including taxes and shipping).

Here's the link to the X-Act Contour floor liners for the S650: 2024 Ford Mustang Husky Liners® X-act Contour® Floor Liners | RealTruck

No, I don't work for them, nor do not receive any compensation. I'm just a very satisfied customer of many of their brands and products AND of their customer service.

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
My EB came with rubber mats for front and rear. It’s just a base model with the 101A. I like the Ford mats

Last edited:

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
🙋‍♂️

(I thought I already confirmed this?)

Order them from RealTruck.com. They own almost 30 brands of products including everything from ARE, Bak, BedRug, exTang, Lund, ReTrax, Truxedo, Undercover, Husky Liners, and many others. I've ordered at least a couple dozen products - everything from multiple sets of Husky X-Act Contour liners to a $4,000 ARE Z-Series truck cap. Their products are top notch and their customer service is top shelf. When I bought 2017 F150, it was the first year of the P558 platform, and I got it with the carpet delete. The Huskly floor liners for that platform with the carpet delete option was brand new, and they sent me one of the first sets before they even put them on the web site. When I got them, I reported the most miniscule issue, and they advised me that they had already updated the design -- and they sent me a brand set set free of charge. Didn't even want the old ones back. I kept running the original set and eventually sold the truck with them. I still have a brand new set of these mats for that truck in the box in the pole barn! ;)

Point being, they are a great company to work with, you can get the fronts and the backs from them, and their price is almost identical with Amazon (including taxes and shipping).

Here's the link to the X-Act Contour floor liners for the S650: 2024 Ford Mustang Husky Liners® X-act Contour® Floor Liners | RealTruck

No, I don't work for them, nor do not receive any compensation. I'm just a very satisfied customer of many of their brands and products AND of their customer service.
Sorry I reread your post and see you mentioned the difference between the Weaterbeaters and the Contour's. The only reason I will go through Amazon is I have some gift cards I can use. Sounds like the Contour's are what I'm looking for.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I reread your post and see you mentioned the difference between the Weaterbeaters and the Contour's. The only reason I will go through Amazon is I have some gift cards I can use. Sounds like the Contour's are what I'm looking for.
Full disclosure: I ordered mine through Amazon (and not realtruck.com) ONLY because I had a good-sized gift card balance! :cwl:

I had no interest in the rear mats, as the odds of someone sitting back there AND jacking up the carpet mats that came with the car is slim to none ... closer to non. You can't even SEE the floor with the way my seats are adjusted.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I'll likely never have anyone in the rear seats. I didn't even order the rears when I ordered my Husky X-Act Contour front mats yesterday.
Did you get your X-Act Contours installed yet? Please post any pics if you can. Most likely going to order a set soon.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get your X-Act Contour's installed yet? If so any pics? I plan on buying a set of these for myself soon.
The floor mats are going to be delivered today (not here yet). However, I literally just dropped the DH off for ceramic coat and window tint, so it won't be back until SAT or SUN.

I'll take you some pics then, but every other X-Act contour set I've bought for my vehicles has fit great. In fact, my daughter followed me to give me a ride home from dropping the DH off, and I noticed that I had put the X-Act Contours in her car a couple years ago ... :)

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
The floor mats are going to be delivered today (not here yet). However, I literally just dropped the DH off for ceramic coat and window tint, so it won't be back until SAT or SUN.

I'll take you some pics then, but every other X-Act contour set I've bought for my vehicles has fit great. In fact, my daughter followed me to give me a ride home from dropping the DH off, and I noticed that I had put the X-Act Contours in her car a couple years ago ... :)
Ok that will be great. I forgot that the DH was going in to get all gussied up today:)

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Ford should have offered a "rear seat delete" option. For us, it'll never get used.
Same here. It would have been nice to have the option of deleting the rear seat. :like:

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Same here. It would have been nice to have the option of deleting the rear seat. :like:
Are you racing with it? The 550 seat deletes are kind of ugly looking... Mine will never get used but, at least a good place to throw stuff and won't slide around turning corners. Has to be a little help with sound deadening as well having the cushions there, no?

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Are you racing with it? The 550 seat deletes are kind of ugly looking... Mine will never get used but, at least a good place to throw stuff and won't slide around turning corners. Has to be a little help with sound deadening as well having the cushions there, no?
No, not racing it. Mine is basically a toy, so I seldom carry anything in it. I did take it to the grocery store last week and put a couple of items on the front seat. I'm sure you're right about the sound deadening. I'm old and deaf, so a little extra noise wouldn't bother me. 😁

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No, not racing it. Mine is basically a toy, so I seldom carry anything in it. I did take it to the grocery store last week and put a couple of items on the front seat. I'm sure you're right about the sound deadening. I'm old and deaf, so a little extra noise wouldn't bother me. 😁
😂, I'm right they're with you my man!