• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear mats????

4ksk416

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I just picked up my 24 race red 301a GT. Surprised to see it did not come with rear mats. I was told there are no options to buy Oem rear carpet mats in black. Can anyone confirm? I prefer oem interior prices. Dislike to see the material and color mismatch with other mat manufacturers like Lloyd’s. Any suggestions. If all else fails will go with weather tech. Thanks.
Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
There is no option for carpeted rear mats. The "weather" mats however (like WeatherTech) does include rear mats. I have them but will never use the rear mats, only swap the front mats from the carpet to weather mats in November to April. Based on my seat settings no one is going to be sitting in the back of the Mustang.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
I just picked up my 24 race red 301a GT. Surprised to see it did not come with rear mats. I was told there are no options to buy Oem rear carpet mats in black. Can anyone confirm? I prefer oem interior prices. Dislike to see the material and color mismatch with other mat manufacturers like Lloyd’s. Any suggestions. If all else fails will go with weather tech. Thanks.
Same here. Disappointed to see no mats in the rear. Cost cutting maybe? Still.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Ford should have offered a "rear seat delete" option. For us, it'll never get used.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford should have offered a "rear seat delete" option. For us, it'll never get used.
I agree. For us, our dog and grandkids are in the seat periodically.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I'll likely never have anyone in the rear seats. I didn't even order the rears when I ordered my Husky X-Act Contour front mats yesterday.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Just to confirm you don't get any rear mats standard with the new Mustangs? My GT just showed up at the dealer so I'm going to check it out this afternoon. My daughter will on occasion be riding in the back but I guess I just assumed there would be some sort of rear mat back there...

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I'll likely never have anyone in the rear seats. I didn't even order the rears when I ordered my Husky X-Act Contour front mats yesterday.
Do you or anyone else know what the main difference is between the Husky Weatherbeater mats and the Husky X-Act Contour?

Amazon has the (4) piece Weatherbeaters which are rated pretty highly whereas it looks like Amazon only sells the (2) piece front X-Act Contours. I really wants mats in the back but I'm not sure what the main difference is between these two?

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners...---------2&vehicleName=2023+Ford+Mustang&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners...--6-7---1-1---1&vehicleName=2024+Ford+Mustang

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just to confirm you don't get any rear mats standard with the new Mustangs? My GT just showed up at the dealer so I'm going to check it out this afternoon. My daughter will on occasion be riding in the back but I guess I just assumed there would be some sort of rear mat back there...
That is correct. No rear mats (unless you order the weather mats as part of the package). If you added that option then you get rear mats, but not carpeted rear mats.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you or anyone else know what the main difference is between the Husky Weatherbeater mats and the Husky X-Act Contour?
Husky Weatherbeater and X-Act Contour Review Comparison Mopar Jeep Grand Cherokee (youtube.com)

Older video, but should still be applicable.

For me, the X-Act Contour are softer material, which I prefer. No feet/shoes sliding around. The Weatherbeaters are 'harder' and seem like they belong in a truck or SUV.

I have owned both the Weathertech floor liners and the Husky X-Act Contours.

Last edited:

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

4ksk416

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Thanks fellas, my kids ride in the rear. I have some terry towels for now.
Sponsored