• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Question on suspension fault

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
While driving on rt 17 I got a message suspension fault speed limited to 80 mph. Drive modes not available. I also noticed the tpms reading was not accurate. After existing I stopped the engine and restarted to see if things would reset. It would not. I checked battery voltage when I got home at 12.6v. Made an appointment which my dealer said a master technician was needed and it would be 72 hrs from drop off for them to get to it. I didn't drive the car for 24 hrs. I went start it to get it serviced and all faults were gone. I took it for a good shakedown drive and all is good. Has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
It has happened to me, once since I've owned my vehicle, after one of my track events. I have Steeda Magneride Sport Lowering Springs also so I thought both of those situations we're contributing factors to the fault. Typically the ride height sensor is what would have set this if it is accurate so I checked it out re-torqued it and then reset the battery. Never had the issue again. I'm aligned to believe it's on the list of generic software false positive glitches others have experienced such as the PCM malfunction...

OP
OP
dusman59

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Well it has happened again. Suspension Fault after almost a month gone by with no issue. I had been using my wifes setting which is normal but today I used my Sport mode setup. I can only change the exhaust mode. Guess its going to the dealer Monday.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had that happen to me . Took it to the dealer and it turned out to be a loose battery terminal.

OP
OP
dusman59

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I did get a OTA updated two days ago. I got a call from my son at a car show across town where he had his electic fan fail. I needed to bring the new part and ended driving about 125 miles on every kind road. No suspension faults. I wonder if there was any update incuded for the Magneride. I did put it up on the lift today and didn't find anything like loose connectors or chafed wires.
Sponsored