• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Proper usage of the wireless charger

onaccountof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
- 2024 Dark Horse -
That rubber pad needs to be a bit larger. My otterbox case on my Iphone 15 promax would barely squeeze in. I went to a thinner case and it fits in there really well now.
Sponsored

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
My phone fits in there fine. My wireless charger buzzes like crazy from the exhaust noise added padding but still buzzing. My phone gets super hot and just maintains a charge doesn’t really charge it

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I don't know about this. I have looked into the charging pad for a while now and pretty much gave up on it. I never had any slow charging issues but did have heat issues that caused me to stop using the charging pad and not put 1 in my wife's Bronco.

It doesn't sound like user error at all but a bad design as many have found out with the Bronco too.

User error would not have the user adding spacers to center the phone on a pad that the phone doesn't need to be centered on.
I sort of respectfully disagree. I have a wireless charger on my night stand. If I do not center it on the stand, is that user error? The sort of part is that FORD should have a light indicating that the phone is charging. They might have one but I can not find it.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I sort of respectfully disagree. I have a wireless charger on my night stand. If I do not center it on the stand, is that user error? The sort of part is that FORD should have a light indicating that the phone is charging. They might have one but I can not find it.
It shows on the center screen

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
should have a light indicating that the phone is charging. They might have one but I can not find it.
Do you get the green battery icon on your phone (top r corner) indicating charging?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 Mustang Proper usage of the wireless charger IMG_1734

S650 Mustang Proper usage of the wireless charger IMG_1733

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

I can put just about any phone I have form small Apple phones to Andriods that barely fit so again it has nothing to do with placement of the phone.

The phones heating up have nothing to do with placement as I have said and ALL to do with a bad designed charger.

And there is an indicator on the screen that shows when it is charging and a display that pops up on your phone. But what does this have anything to do with the topic as no one is saying it doesn't charge.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
My iPhone 8 Plus would semi charge but get real hot to the point where the phone would stop charging with an error message saying something about temperature. No case. It worked fine in the wifey's 2024 VW Atlas. I upgraded to an iPhone 14 and put it in a case with one of those circular rings on it and it seems to charge, albeit slowly.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a target with arrow on the charging pad would help? Kinda like the magsafe cases that show the ring (target) and an arrow or indicator showing which direction the top of phone should point?

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Do you get the green battery icon on your phone (top r corner) indicating charging?
No my home wireless charger has an indication light. My phone has a spinning indicator for a few seconds. But I have to move the phone around a little to get it. I sometimes have to remove the rubber pad.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I get intermittent charging in my Mustang but I don't get it in my 2023 F150, The charging pad looks to be the same but it is tilted such that the phone is held at the bottom edge, I wonder if it has something to do with the issue.
S650 Mustang Proper usage of the wireless charger BUqtmv0

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I have an iPhone mini in an otter box that I charged in the case. It is possible for the case to be thicker in a larger phone. I also have only tried it once for a relatively short time. I was reading the specs for a 14 pro (another problem) and it said it could charge at up to 15 watts. That's a lot of juice for something so small. Even 5 watts would be a healthy charge for a phone. I don't mind if it takes a few hours to charge my phone as long as it's getting charged so I do most of my charging with the small factory charger.
The Otter Box case is pretty thick which will induce more heating than charging.
Sponsored