• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Polished Aluminum Wheels - Opinions?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
So I was previously torn over going with the standard premium GT wheels or the NP package. After viewing numerous incoming threads I think I don't want the nite pony package anymore. Just too much black for me. Sort of washes out the car with all the badges, wheels, lights being darkened out (just one guy's opinion).

I still don't LOVE the standard painted aluminum wheels but they've grown on me slightly. They still look a little brighter than i would like. Maybe I need to see in person. But I saw one pic on here of the optional polished aluminum rims, which I had no previous interest in, but surprisingly kind of liked the look. Simple, sharp looking, a little throw back with the 5 spoke design, and a bonus of being super easy to clean.

Long winded post, but would love to get some opinions on the standard painted wheels vs the optional polished ones. What say you?

S650 Mustang Polished Aluminum Wheels - Opinions? 367970548_218209181190629_1281291494758768478_n

S650 Mustang Polished Aluminum Wheels - Opinions? Rapid Red 5
Sponsored

SRSOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge2020,Mustang Ecoboost 2024,Ford Edge 2024
The wheels on the red gt are nice

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I personally like the optional wheels better but you could always get the standard wheels painted if you didn't want to go aftermarket.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally like the optional wheels better but you could always get the standard wheels painted if you didn't want to go aftermarket.
Interesting, I hadn't considered that. What does that cost to get done? I'm still not sure I like the spoke pattern on the standard wheels. Reminds me of a bicycle wheel.

On bad part about the polished aluminum wheels I just found out ... you can't order the brembos with those wheels. ☹

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Interesting, I hadn't considered that. What does that cost to get done? I'm still not sure I like the spoke pattern on the standard wheels. Reminds me of a bicycle wheel.

On bad part about the polished aluminum wheels I just found out ... you can't order the brembos with those wheels. ☹
If it wasn't for that, I would go for the five spokes over the "Bicycle" wheel.

Last edited:

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it wasn't for that, I would go for the five spokes over the "Bicycle" wheel.
I also noticed the same polished aluminum wheels are available as an option on the Ecoboost models.

I guess I'll go with the standard wheels with brembos and swap them out down the road. Ugghhh

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
I also noticed the same polished aluminum wheels are available as an option on the Ecoboost models.

I guess I'll go with the standard wheels with brembos and swap them out down the road. Ugghhh
Ok, so may not be the BEST option out there, but a few cans of plastidip on the wheels would hook you up with what ever color you want and be removable if you want to sell the wheels. May not be professional, but it's very good as far as quick, cheap, and undoable go.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so may not be the BEST option out there, but a few cans of plastidip on the wheels would hook you up with what ever color you want and be removable if you want to sell the wheels. May not be professional, but it's very good as far as quick, cheap, and undoable go.
I'll have to check that out. My biggest gripe with the wheels is how bright they are. The look practically white in some of the pictures. Not sure why Ford made them such a bright silver like that. I'd just prefer them to be a little darker, more of an aluminum look.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I'll have to check that out. My biggest gripe with the wheels is how bright they are. The look practically white in some of the pictures. Not sure why Ford made them such a bright silver like that. I'd just prefer them to be a little darker, more of an aluminum look.
Yea, and Ford called them "Shadow" Silver at a time when order banks opened and you were pretty much just ordering things off of a paper list. They were much brighter than I was hoping for but I do think they look considerably better in person once you can hone in on the finish a little better and your depth perception takes in the curvature of the design.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, and Ford called them "Shadow" Silver at a time when order banks opened and you were pretty much just ordering things off of a paper list. They were much brighter than I was hoping for but I do think they look considerably better in person once you can hone in on the finish a little better and your depth perception takes in the curvature of the design.
Now that I've had a chance to see some real world pictures I'm liking the silver wheels a lot better. Still wish they were a little less bright but I'm coming around. I really like then with the Atlas blue paint and the darker red also. I originally wanted black, but I think the wheels look better with other colors.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
out of the two i've only seen the polished aluminum wheels, but they were really nice looking

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, 17 V6 Convertible, 20 EB, 01 V6
I wasn’t a fan of my wheels at first but they are growing on me.

S650 Mustang Polished Aluminum Wheels - Opinions? IMG_2994
Sponsored