• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
stock - 420@ wheels
removed carbon traps = 418@wheels- so yes it lost power - they seemed confused

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Would like to see before and after logs.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
stock - 420@ wheels
removed carbon traps = 418@wheels- so yes it lost power - they seemed confused

S650 DARK HORSE Mustang ON THE DYNO!!!! | Six-Speed Manual Dyno Results! - YouTube
The PBD guy does seem a little confused. Itā€™s disconcerting if youā€™re a 650 owner or prospective buyer looking for something to hang your hat on. Having said that, itā€™s the first authoritative good news Iā€™ve seen about the power output of the 650 and Iā€™m happy for you 650 folks. Yā€™all have taken a bit of an uncalled for trashing all around and you deserve some good news!

A few observations from a not-so-technical voice of reason:

*Itā€˜s interesting that now the ā€œexpertsā€ are all about how the break-in process increases hp. Thatā€™s diametrically opposed to the opinion of forum gurus here when I thought I had noticed it with my cars. So who is right?

*Thatā€™s curious about the power going down after removal of the carbon traps, especially when Tonyā€™s Fords picked up 18 dynoed RWHP when he removed the one. I donā€™t doubt either video being truthful so it must just be a quirky difference between the two gens.

*I donā€™t understand why a bone stock car would throw a CEL after a dyno pull or two. That doesnā€™t seem right.

*Donā€˜t nobody like those darn screens, do they? Well, almost nobody...

*Everyone got their hopes up that slightly increased hp was gonna result in increased performance, but Ford never promised that. More than likely given a little weight increase and probably increasingly stricter emissions requirements, they were just trying to hold the status quo. And Iā€™d say thatā€™s exactly what theyā€™ve done. Neither a DH or a Mach 1 is gonna walk the other at the stoplight drag races and on any given day you could probably throw a ā€regularā€ GT into that mix too. There are just too many other variables at work for a few hp or a few pounds to define anything. I suppose if hyperbole is your thing, carry on.

*The real test of these cars is how good they make you feel and how much joy they bring you driving around. Iā€™d bet thereā€™s little to no difference in that most important metric between the S550 and S650.

Last edited:

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
The PBD guy does seem a little confused. Itā€™s disconcerting if youā€™re a 650 owner or prospective buyer looking for something to hang your hat on. Having said that, itā€™s the first authoritative good news Iā€™ve seen about the power output of the 650 and Iā€™m happy for you 650 folks. Yā€™all have taken a bit of an uncalled for trashing all around and you deserve some good news!

*Itā€˜s interesting that now the ā€œexpertsā€ are all about how the break-in process increases hp. Thatā€™s diametrically opposed to the opinion of forum gurus here when I thought I had noticed it with my cars. So who is right?

*Thatā€™s curious about the power going down after removal of the carbon traps, especially when Tonyā€™s Fords picked up 18 dynoed RWHP when he removed the one. I donā€™t doubt either video being truthful so it must just be a quirky difference between the two gens.

*I donā€™t understand why a bone stock car would throw a CEL after a dyno pull or two. That doesnā€™t seem right.

*Everyone got their hopes up that slightly increased hp was gonna result in increased performance, but Ford never promised that. More than likely given a little weight increase and probably increasingly stricter emissions requirements, they were just trying to hold the status quo. And Iā€™d say thatā€™s exactly what theyā€™ve done. Neither a DH or a Mach 1 is gonna walk the other at the stoplight drag races and on any given day you could probably throw a ā€regularā€ GT into that mix too. There are just too many other variables at work for a few hp or a few pounds to define anything. I suppose if hyperbole is your thing, carry on.

*The real test of these cars is how good they make you feel and how much joy they bring you driving around. Iā€™d bet thereā€™s little to no difference in that most important metric between the S550 and S650.

Amen ......

As someone who openly admits that probably 8 out of 10 times I'm going to lose from a dig to an A10 GT/DH in a street encounter..... Im totally comfortable with my car being slower ...

I owned an A10 GT PP1 car previously and paid more for a car that will lose to my old car because I liked the way it felt/ drove better

Enjoy the drive- because at the end of the day we are all getting beat by Electric Kias lol

Ike99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Tacoma Pre Runner, 2016 Avalon

The voice of reason! There are viable options for those that want to do more than enjoy the ride.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
Too many numbers and words 423 wheel bad in a 90+ room certified dud. I know itā€™s out there. Someoneā€™s thought it. Maybe not here but out there.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Whatā€™s up with the fuel cutoff? Thing was bouncing off the limiter at like 7300-7350

In some runs it looked like it capped at 7100

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
All these dyno runs and test drives weā€™ve seen and it still seems like the rev limiter is being brought up. Really wish someone would dove into it cause it seems like itā€™s certainly a factor, whether itā€™s programmed or not

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Whatā€™s up with the fuel cutoff? Thing was bouncing off the limiter at like 7300-7350

In some runs it looked like it capped at 7100
Give me a real tach. Too many things running at one time and the computer starts to lag. J/k ??

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
All these dyno runs and test drives weā€™ve seen and it still seems like the rev limiter is being brought up. Really wish someone would dove into it cause it seems like itā€™s certainly a factor, whether itā€™s programmed or not
I think it is certainly the programmed due to the similar drop offs at the end!

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

Car guys (and gals) get hung up on horsepower. Regardless of how much horsepower our cars make, it's never enough. There's always a quest for just a little bit more. I fell into that trap as well. The beauty of growing old is that I don't really care about horsepower anymore. The one think I've learned is that there will always be someone who has more horsepower and a faster car. Always. Now the only thing I worry about is how much I smile when I fire up my Mustang. Someone else might have more horsepower, but they're probably not grinning from ear-to-ear like I am. Enjoy what you have because every day is a gift. šŸ™‚

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Amen ......

As someone who openly admits that probably 8 out of 10 times I'm going to lose from a dig to an A10 GT/DH in a street encounter..... Im totally comfortable with my car being slower ...

I owned an A10 GT PP1 car previously and paid more for a car that will lose to my old car because I liked the way it felt/ drove better

Enjoy the drive- because at the end of the day we are all getting beat by Electric Kias lol
Iā€™m in the same boat as you, man. Sold my 18 GT PP1, bought the 24 GT PP1 and Iā€™m not sure how I feel about the ā€œupgradeā€. I think my 18 ran better but that may be because I have not been been WoT with this one. After break in period maybe Iā€™ll have a change of heart when I can get a real feel for how this one runs. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

JS1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, hayabusa
Car was not adequately cooled. After one run he immediately turned of the motor. All bad data. Would never take my car there.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.