• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Oxford White exterior with Space Gray interior?

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I have that combo on order. The gray just gives the interior an upgrade feeling. Oxford White has been a Ford color for decades. I only buy white or silver vehicles but that's my $.02 worth.

OP
OP
Lakersfreak

Lakersfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I have that combo on order. The gray just gives the interior an upgrade feeling. Oxford White has been a Ford color for decades. I only buy white or silver vehicles but that's my $.02 worth.
I can't find one with that combo locally and it looks nice on a build photo. Was wondering how it would look and if it's OK to mix that interior with white.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
If you search threads someone has that combo with Recaro seats. Another person has them with regular leather seats in the Oxford White thread. It's a beautiful combo!

I went with Carmine Red but if I had to choose another color, I would have gone Space Gray.

Last edited:

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I don't own one, but here's what I've observed in-person...

Cloth Space Grey looks cool-toned regardless of the amount of sunlight outside.
Active-X/Leather Space Grey will look warmer-toned in sunlight, almost like an off-white.
I've yet to see either interior on an Oxford White Mustang, but it's my favorite exterior color on the S650 so far.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It's going to be up to the individual, their desire and style. I'd be cautious, for the following reasons:

- What the photos look like on-line and what the materials look like in-person can be two different things. And it'd be great if the build tools at Ford offered views of the exterior of the car, with the interior showing

- White and Space Grey are close in appearance. Our eyes often attempt to reconcile the view by blending the two. Contrasts generally show better, are sharper and have a greater visual impact

- On a more practical note, how the insert materials will present over time, how easy to keep the light shade clean and maintain that color

- Re-sale. If keeping the car long-term, "Whatever.", right? If you do intend to sell the car in the next few years, it might be a good idea to stick with something simple, or proven. A more common appearance could help facilitate a sale later

YMMV

When you have time, go to a big box store or an interior design shop. Get some paint sample cards of colors or hues. You can tape those to the wall to see how they fare over time and place them outside to see how they look under different lighting. It's not going to be perfect, but it should help guide you one way or another.

Last edited:

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
There was NO WAY I was going to have another convertible with black seats.

Hate burning the back of legs when I am wearing Short shorts....um, I mean my wife, ya, my wife! LOL

Have had LOTS of positive comments on the look of the interior, no negative yet (this is a forum, so I am expecting some now...)

However, I did have the seats ceramic coated. No stains from wearing new jeans yet.

S650 Mustang Oxford White exterior with Space Gray interior? 5

S650 Mustang Oxford White exterior with Space Gray interior? 2

S650 Mustang Oxford White exterior with Space Gray interior? 6

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
@papaD, that looks surprisingly good.

Also, I concur with Skye on color options needing to be seen in person. The Carmine Red on Ford's website makes it look brighter than in person.

Seeing Carmine Red in person is 💰 /personal opinion

OP
OP
Lakersfreak

Lakersfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT

Also, I concur with Skye on color options needing to be seen in person. The Carmine Red on Ford's website makes it look brighter than in person.

I originally had the carmine red as my interior color, but my wife was about to kill me. She hated it on the online build, and couldn't find one locally to see with our own eyes.

OP
OP
Lakersfreak

Lakersfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
There was NO WAY I was going to have another convertible with black seats.

Hate burning the back of legs when I am wearing Short shorts....um, I mean my wife, ya, my wife! LOL

Have had LOTS of positive comments on the look of the interior, no negative yet (this is a forum, so I am expecting some now...)

However, I did have the seats ceramic coated. No stains from wearing new jeans yet.

5.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg
Looks great! Thanks for the pics! I am also worried about the white darkening with time, but the white doesn't look too bright so maybe I shouldn't be too concerned.

What ceramic coating did you put on? Does it help with keeping the colors from fading?

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
This looks HAWT.

It's a weird one for sure. In April 2023 they definitely looked more of a pure red on the website. Now they look a bit closer to reality after they updated the site. In person I find that it kind of varies. In bright light they definitely pop fairly vibrantly. In dimmer conditions or at night they're more burgundy.