• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OLED Tailights

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Does anyone think there will be a programmable aftermarket OLED taillight assembly for the S650? OLEDs are already on a few new Audis.
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Short answer: no
Long answer: too expensive and questionable reliability

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what they said about the dual-clutch 10-speed automatic transmission when it was being tested.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I was answering your question about AFTERMARKET tail lights. It would just be some chinese company making a really expensive set of lights with questionable reliability.

The 10 speed isn't a dual clutch transmission, it uses a torque converter.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
No reason to assume that it would be bad and there are a lot of brands that make high-quality head and tail light replacements if you don't want it don't put it on

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was answering your question about AFTERMARKET tail lights. It would just be some chinese company making a really expensive set of lights with questionable reliability.

The 10 speed isn't a dual clutch transmission, it uses a torque converter.
dual-clutch transmission (DCT) (sometimes referred to as a twin-clutch transmission) is a type of multi-speed vehicle transmission system, that uses two separate clutches for odd and even gear sets.[1] The design is often similar to two separate manual transmissions with their respective clutches contained within one housing, and working as one unit.[2][3] In car and truck applications, the DCT functions as an automatic transmission, requiring no driver input to change gears.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
dual-clutch transmission (DCT) (sometimes referred to as a twin-clutch transmission) is a type of multi-speed vehicle transmission system, that uses two separate clutches for odd and even gear sets.[1] The design is often similar to two separate manual transmissions with their respective clutches contained within one housing, and working as one unit.[2][3] In car and truck applications, the DCT functions as an automatic transmission, requiring no driver input to change gears.
Thanks for the Wikipedia copypasta. The 10R80 is an automatic transmission. The MT-86 is a manual transmission. The TR-9070 (GT500) is a dual clutch transmission. All are fundamentally different in how they operate. All I'm saying is the 10R80 is not a DCT. Nothing you can share will change that.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for the Wikipedia copypasta. The 10R80 is an automatic transmission. The MT-86 is a manual transmission. The TR-9070 (GT500) is a dual clutch transmission. All are fundamentally different in how they operate. All I'm saying is the 10R80 is not a DCT. Nothing you can share will change that.
correct

MontegoRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM Power Wagon
Buddy in my hometown does a ton of really good custom work. I thought about getting the RTR "intake grills" and seeing if he could tweak them to match the Blue Ember or something. Check out Skeptik Innovations and infinity lights. I don't want to go that extreme, but that's his doing.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Buddy in my hometown does a ton of really good custom work. I thought about getting the RTR "intake grills" and seeing if he could tweak them to match the Blue Ember or something. Check out Skeptik Innovations and infinity lights. I don't want to go that extreme, but that's his doing.
I just watched some of his work. Pretty slick.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
it's possible, but not likely. oled is cool, being a surface instead of point light, but expensive when you can do the same thing with regular leds and diffusers. plus there's the issue where oled lasts an estimated half as long as leds and also slowly get dimmer as they're used. granted, these issues are probably nothing on a vehicle and are more relevant for TVs. what i'm mainly wondering is what you mean by "programmable"? if you mean the approach/farewell animations, that's controlled by the BCM, not the lights themselves. each individual bar on a US model has it's own pin on the connector with a common ground

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
I would like them a bit better if they acted like my Raxiom Gen 5 tail lights (2013-14 style), where they sequence once then stay on bright when hitting the brakes.

That is a feature that I particularly like. With all the lighting sequences I have seen on these S650's, greeting lighing, remote rev, etc. That is something that should be a programming option and I would like to see.
Sponsored