• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Officially 3 Months in Shipping!!!

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your dealer can do more than what they are telling you. Ford Chat is not going to be any help at all.

I would not even speak to the sales guy and just go to the manager, owner and the guy that puts the orders in. They will be able to track your car in real time and see if there is any special status on your car.

He also can call and get information on your car and why it is taking so long.

Once the vehicle is shipped it is not in Fords hands anymore, yes the car still belongs to them til it hits the dealership lot. But the shipping company holds all the cards now. There are ways your dealer can contact them to see if there are issues also.

A few things that make some vehicles take longer to ship is some that are going to a small dealership and not enough to load a truck. Certain damage found at the shipping yard is another.

I have never seen a recall effect a vehicle after it has went to the shipping status. It will usually head to the dealer and the recall will be taken care of there.

Really sucks you are going through this. Like I said I would be talking to the general manager, owner and the guy that orders vehicles.

Hope you get it worked out.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Since you have a DH, try calling Ford Performance, not Ford. They seem to be a little more helpful and responsive. Just call them it might be worth a shot. Explain your situation.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Since you have a DH, try calling Ford Performance, not Ford. They seem to be a little more helpful and responsive. Just call them it might be worth a shot. Explain your situation.

This is not going to help either. People need to understand that Ford Chat or any of the other numbers or ways to contact Ford you will only get a person that will read what is on their screen.

The only way you are going to get answers is to push the dealership to get them.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
This is 100% what i am afraid of! There is no CARFAX before the car is sold. Ford can do whatever they want. I don’t want a car that has had issues or been wrecked.
Lets just chill for a bit. You won't get a wrecked car. There is a shortage of truck drivers right now and the auto manufacturer just went through UAW strikes. If you get a wrecked/damaged car at your dealer you simply say I don't want it.

As far as issues, well we all know Ford's quality has been crap so you probably will have issues. Hear about that loose brake pedal assembly recall? 🤣 Give the car a thorough lookover once it is delivered.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Lets just chill for a bit. You won't get a wrecked car. There is a shortage of truck drivers right now and the auto manufacturer just went through UAW strikes. If you get a wrecked/damaged car at your dealer you simply say I don't want it.

As far as issues, well we all know Ford's quality has been crap so you probably will have issues. Hear about that loose brake pedal assembly recall? 🤣 Give the car a thorough lookover once it is delivered.
I agree with everything you have said. I just don’t want a car that has been repaired and sold to me as new. That is my main worry.

Steve Schwing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse base
No issues with your mustang that you know of?
Other than the pretty common panel fit issues, it's been perfect. If you remember, the initial delays were for wiring issues, panel fit, and valve train issues. I would expect it took a lot of time to re-inspect the initial production, and correct if and where needed

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Other than the pretty common panel fit issues, it's been perfect. If you remember, the initial delays were for wiring issues, panel fit, and valve train issues. I would expect it took a lot of time to re-inspect the initial production, and correct if and where needed
Mine sat in Dearborn for 1.5 months the other 1.5 months it has been sitting about 50 miles from my dealer (so my dealer says).

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
There are plenty of trucks out there but I am not sure about the type of car hauler that a manufacture would use. I know a car hauler and he is unable to get loads. As for other trucks, what they are paying for a load is so little that they can't make profit on a load so many are sitting it out instead of wearing out their trucks for no reason.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
First they have to wait to fill a train car coming your direction (and all its stops), then they have to wait to fill a car transporter going to your area. My 2019 was in steering wheel purgatory and my dealer was useless. I finally called every number I could and got the security office at Flat Rock. He confirmed that there were many built Mustangs parked there waiting for steering wheels. I asked him to confirm mine was there, but he refused, ha, ha! My car was a special order, but for some reason it didn't appear that Ford cared in sharing info. Granted steering wheel problem was caused by a strike in Mexico that Ford didn't have control of.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
This is not going to help either. People need to understand that Ford Chat or any of the other numbers or ways to contact Ford you will only get a person that will read what is on their screen.

The only way you are going to get answers is to push the dealership to get them.
I disagree. I wasn't saying to use chat. Chat is useless. If you have a DH (Not a GT or Eco), "Ford Performance" can help with questions. I would Email Anthony first. He has been very helpful when I had questions. I was inquiring about the DH car cover before ford put it on their site, and he was nice enough to send me pictures before I ordered one. I'm not saying he can help for sure with this situation, but its worth a shot. He can probably look into things a little deeper. Just trying to help.

And most of us on here know way more than most dealers do. I would even bother.

Anthony Fodera

Ford Performance Info Center - Supervisor

(800) 367-3788

[email protected]

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I disagree. I wasn't saying to use chat. Chat is useless. If you have a DH (Not a GT or Eco), "Ford Performance" can help with questions. I would Email Anthony first. He has been very helpful when I had questions. I was inquiring about the DH car cover before ford put it on their site, and he was nice enough to send me pictures before I ordered one. I'm not saying he can help for sure with this situation, but its worth a shot. He can probably look into things a little deeper. Just trying to help.

And most of us on here know way more than most dealers do. I would even bother.

Anthony Fodera

Ford Performance Info Center - Supervisor

(800) 367-3788

[email protected]
Yeah, I'm sure they were really helpful with accessories. They will be absolutely no help at all here. Like I said if the vehicle is in the "Shipped Status" Ford will only know where it is because that is what their system says. Ford Performance has really nothing to do with the Dark Horse in the sense you think it does. The dealership can get him more information than Ford can at this point.

Calling or emailing Ford Performance would be just like using chat!

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Wow! That isn't good! Just found out my Dark Horse was built 12-4 Ordered 3-28 (had to contact Ford chat 2 get information) Finally have a VIN! Hope like hell mine actually gets shipped.