• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Non-active exhaust recommendations?

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium/Vapor Blue/PP/401A
I'm new here. So, we just bought my 2024 GT on 10/9. It was special ordered by someone who decided not to buy so our local Ford dealer found this car for me 500 miles away and had it delivered here. It has all of the options I wanted except active exhaust. I miss the loud Pypes exhaust I had on my 2019 GT so we are definitely going to be changing the exhaust in the near future. Anyone here with a non-active exhaust on theirs or anyone with suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
I love the sound of Flowmaster American Thunder but it's not for everyone. Corsa and Akrapovic are also known for their sound

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I have the non active exhaust and doesn’t sound too bad. But I did order a MBRP street catback with an H pipe yesterday so hopefully it arrives soon and I will try to get some recordings done to see how it sounds before and after. I wanted more sound than stock but didn’t want it to have too much drone lol only want it loud when I punch it

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
As I am not a fan of the single wall tips on the AVE, I went standard and immediately installed the Roush axle back. Sound absolutely terrific and looks great too!
S650 Mustang Non-active exhaust recommendations? IMG_0929
S650 Mustang Non-active exhaust recommendations? IMG_0928

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
If you want a better sound on a non-active car just get a muffler delete for 200$ and it sounds better than all the exhausts. Spending thousands of dollars on exhausts is a scam when just letting the car breathe sounds better than any of them.

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I am not a fan of the single wall tips on the AVE, I went standard and immediately installed the Roush axle back. Sound absolutely terrific and looks great too!
IMG_0929.jpeg
IMG_0928.jpeg
Thank you. I actually had on my 2014 GT. Now my fiance' has a 2015 Roush Stage 3 with, of couse, Roush exhaust & it will deafen you when he takes off. LOL.

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want a better sound on a non-active car just get a muffler delete for 200$ and it sounds better than all the exhausts. Spending thousands of dollars on exhausts is a scam when just letting the car breathe sounds better than any of them.
I will have to look into that. I really miss "hearing" my car. Do you have an audio or video clip of yours?

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I will have to look into that. I really miss "hearing" my car. Do you have an audio or video clip of yours?
I haven't done it yet I'm going to pair the muffler delete with an H pipe to make it extremely loud and get rid of my active exhaust but the exhaust shop I trust is booked out for a few weeks. This person I linked did just the muffler delete though and it sounds pretty good, if you went to a shop and asked them for it you could probably get it done for around 150$ depending on where you live.
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/axle-back-muffler-bypass-standard-exhaust.158668/

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Initially I wasn't going to purchase the active exhaust but after hearing the different modes it fits me well. I'm planning on staying 99% stock.... Yea right.....lol I did hear an s650 with a Roush system, and it sounded really nice. Deep, old school muscle car sound, at least the one I heard. Don't know what else might have been done though. Also don't know about drone which can get annoying on long highway type trips. YMMV ! Best wishes whatever you choose!

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
No drone at all. Most droning occurs with the resonator delete.

I probably would have just added the H-pipe and been done with it, but as I mentioned I find the AVE tips lacking as well as the puny 3” tips on the standard exhaust. Hence the Roush. And it was only $780, so not too bad.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Here in the U.S. they write noise tickets. You can run without a muffler on private property or at the track but do it on a public street and if you're loud, you will get a ticket. It is a fix it ticket which doesn't count against your driving record but you need to fix the problem then prove to the court that the work was done.

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I did the Steeda H-Pipe on mine. Sounds great and zero drone. I was looking at a catback system, but the folks at Steeda recommended doing the H-pipe first. I'm glad they did - saved me a ton of money and I'm happy with the subtle increase in sound.

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Here in the U.S. they write noise tickets. You can run without a muffler on private property or at the track but do it on a public street and if you're loud, you will get a ticket. It is a fix it ticket which doesn't count against your driving record but you need to fix the problem then prove to the court that the work was done.
Just removing the mufflers while keeping the middle resonator is quieter than a lot of catback exhausts still so I don't think that would be an issue. They issue tickets here too for super loud exhausts but it would require you to be driving crazy near a cop and I personally think it's worth the cost but it wouldn't be an issue with just the muffler delete alone anyway since it's not that loud.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
It depends on the law enforcement agency you are around. My 2015 Mustang GT had a MBRP H-Pipe with a muffler delete and was dumb loud but no droning despite what everyone says. I drove it for 2 years like that and never got pulled over due to the noise. The kid i sold it to lives only 20 minutes down the road and hasnt had any issues with cops either. I had driven it out of state a few times like that as well with no issues.

It is kind of funny, the kid that has it now frequently comes through my town, and my house, and i can tell its my old car just off of the exhaust note, blocks away lol.

i would personally say do a h-pipe and a muffler delete and then enjoy. I had no drone and loved every second of it.

OP
OP
myvaporblue5.0pony

myvaporblue5.0pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here, in NC, where we live cops do not write tickets for noisy exhaust, thank goodness. My fiance' & I have had many loud Mustangs of all types, Roush, GT500, Saleen, GT and never had an issue. I can't wait to get my changed out.
Sponsored