• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No start issue.

Motoxracer03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hello all,

I have read some previous threads which correlate with the same issue I’m having but haven’t found any answers. Pretty much went to go start the car and I use my remote start 100% of the time, well I hit it and it cranked for half a second then stopped. So I did it again, same thing. Got inside the car and it goes into full accessory power, throws all kinds of warnings (see video) and doesn’t start. So I hit the button about 4-5 times and it fires up. Let it run for a minute, shut it off and go to start and nothing. Waited about 3 minutes and car started, still throwing all the warnings. Put it in drive, car shuts off. So I leave it and go est, come back 20ish minutes later, get inside, car fires right up no warnings no nothing, drove around the corner no issues. Let it sit over night, car started just fine this morning no issues, drives fine etc etc. No codes/prompts on the ford pass app, I have seen other threads with this same exact issue but haven’t heard anything or any updates. Has anyone found/know the issue going on? I’ve seen some say it’s the battery, others say the gateway module? My thing is, if it’s the battery why was it that 1 time only? I understand the whole surface charge, but I don’t think the issue im having is battery related. Car has just under 1400 miles on it, have had 0 issues until now. Car runs fine right now just worried about it happening again as I’ve been on a work trip and have to drive 7 hours back home next Friday and worried this may happen again when I have to leave.

Sorry for the long read, just wanted to add as much detail as possible!

Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It its not a short it’s most likely the battery. The battery is much easier to ‘test’ than it is to find a short. I’d start with a getting the battery checked and if ‘any’ question about it have it replaced. Good luck and hopefully just a weak charge. Basic rule of thumb 15 minutes at 1500 rpms to restore the charge that was lost starting the vehicle.

OP
OP

Motoxracer03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It its not a short it’s most likely the battery. The battery is much easier to ‘test’ than it is to find a short. I’d start with a getting the battery checked and if ‘any’ question about it have it replaced. Good luck and hopefully just a weak charge. Basic rule of thumb 15 minutes at 1500 rpms to restore the charge that was lost starting the vehicle.
Thanks! I just read another thread and everyone said the battery. Pretty weird how it’s acting, coming from my 06 f350 to this, didn’t realize how much it’ll mess with electronics for being slightly dead. When my truck batteries go bad, they go bad and won’t hold a charge overnight like the car did. I’m going to go have it tested tomorrow. Hopefully it tests good, if not I hope the dealer will replace it 🤞

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Thanks! I just read another thread and everyone said the battery. Pretty weird how it’s acting, coming from my 06 f350 to this, didn’t realize how much it’ll mess with electronics for being slightly dead. When my truck batteries go bad, they go bad and won’t hold a charge overnight like the car did. I’m going to go have it tested tomorrow. Hopefully it tests good, if not I hope the dealer will replace it 🤞
Hope it's bad because you will have found the problem and the dealer will replace under warranty.

OP
OP

Motoxracer03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hope it's bad because you will have found the problem and the dealer will replace under warranty.
Good point! Headed to the dealership tomorrow, already called and explained the issue, they said they will test and replace if needed.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Why is the battery so bad with these Mustangs?
Sitting too long before getting shipped isn't an excuse. A brand new battery should work perfectly. I had a deployment for 6 months with my 2011 Mustang that was parked outside in the cold and after I came back it started perfectly.

And these days brand new Mustangs can't even stay for a couple of weeks on the lot without dying and replace the whole battery?

What a waste.

OP
OP

Motoxracer03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Sitting too long before getting shipped isn't an excuse. A brand new battery should work perfectly. I had a deployment for 6 months with my 2011 Mustang that was parked outside in the cold and after I came back it started perfectly.

And these days brand new Mustangs can't even stay for a couple of weeks on the lot without dying and replace the whole battery?

What a waste.
I hear you. It was 2 days worth of dropping to 30*F at night and getting back up to 60s during the day that killed it. I’ve had the car for just about a month now with 0 issues. It was even colder back home in NC. Been in Charleston for 4 weeks now with 0 issues until yesterday. Car sat for 2 days and all of a sudden killed the battery based off what I’ve read compared to everyone else’s issue. I really don’t want to believe it’s a bad battery but all the forums with same issues have pointed to battery issues

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hello all,

I have read some previous threads which correlate with the same issue I’m having but haven’t found any answers. Pretty much went to go start the car and I use my remote start 100% of the time, well I hit it and it cranked for half a second then stopped. So I did it again, same thing. Got inside the car and it goes into full accessory power, throws all kinds of warnings (see video) and doesn’t start. So I hit the button about 4-5 times and it fires up. Let it run for a minute, shut it off and go to start and nothing. Waited about 3 minutes and car started, still throwing all the warnings. Put it in drive, car shuts off. So I leave it and go est, come back 20ish minutes later, get inside, car fires right up no warnings no nothing, drove around the corner no issues. Let it sit over night, car started just fine this morning no issues, drives fine etc etc. No codes/prompts on the ford pass app, I have seen other threads with this same exact issue but haven’t heard anything or any updates. Has anyone found/know the issue going on? I’ve seen some say it’s the battery, others say the gateway module? My thing is, if it’s the battery why was it that 1 time only? I understand the whole surface charge, but I don’t think the issue im having is battery related. Car has just under 1400 miles on it, have had 0 issues until now. Car runs fine right now just worried about it happening again as I’ve been on a work trip and have to drive 7 hours back home next Friday and worried this may happen again when I have to leave.

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual

What a waste.
AGM batteries pack a lot of punch in a small battery and any flaw in manufacturing means a shorter life. I can tell that the battery in my car probably sat for 6 months or more before it was installed in the car. The degree of sulfating wouldn't have happened in the month or so from assembly to delivery. In addition one of the worst thing to do with a new battery is putting it in storage. They may be partially charged and need at least a full charge soon or they will not be the best when used.
Last but not least, these cars use a lot of power when off. The security systems drain the battery so if your parking in a secure area, at least disable the interior motion detectors and anything else you can.
It is possible the batteries are provided by the lowest bidder and we all know what can happen under those conditions.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I hear you. It was 2 days worth of dropping to 30*F at night and getting back up to 60s during the day that killed it. I’ve had the car for just about a month now with 0 issues. It was even colder back home in NC. Been in Charleston for 4 weeks now with 0 issues until yesterday. Car sat for 2 days and all of a sudden killed the battery based off what I’ve read compared to everyone else’s issue. I really don’t want to believe it’s a bad battery but all the forums with same issues have pointed to battery issues
any update? When I had the issue I put the battery on a tender for almost an entire day before the light went green. I have not had another no start issue since the original issue occurred.

OP
OP

Motoxracer03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
any update? When I had the issue I put the battery on a tender for almost an entire day before the light went green. I have not had another no start issue since the original issue occurred.
Went to the dealership yesterday and I was told it would be a 4 hour wait to test the battery. I didn’t have that kind of time so I ended up leaving but while I was there one of the service guys up front told me they had 3 brand new mustangs in the shop all for the same issue. One had 200 miles the other had 3000 and the last one was somewhere in between. Guy told me they all are having the same issue and it’s not battery related. Says it’s something else going on with the cars, they are running codes trying to figure it out but are having no luck.

I’ve had no issues since Wednesday when mine wouldn’t start, haven’t charged the battery or anything just been driving it. Not really sure what’s going on, I’m on a work trip at the moment but I’ll just be driving it til something comes up (hopefully not) and if it does then I’ll take it to my local dealership

OP
OP

Motoxracer03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Also when did you have your no start issue and how long has it been since that happened?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

MIZStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hello all,

Happened to mine within 200 miles. Replaced the battery and no issues starting since, now over 1000 miles.
Sponsored