• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New S650 owner, is this a mistake?

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
But anyway, this paddle shifters feature is honestly not as attractive or needed as it seems.

if you had it, you’ll probably use it a couple of times only throughout the vehicle lifetime.

Enjoy what you have and look at the bright side, you own a beautiful sports car with a great price!
Sponsored

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe different on Eco, my GT A10 shifts smooth as silk, sometimes it hunts for gears downshifting though it is still in the learning stage, under 1K miles.

Honestly I though I would use the paddle shifters more than I do, since it has a rev limiter, to me it's useless, the car does much better job all by itself. I never use them cause I end up short shifting to avoid getting rev cut, cant stand that.

As far as upcharge, I get it though this is clearly by no way just a Ford tactic, it's everywhere, it's business.

24grabbergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt premium
beautiful color! 😁 in all honesty i dont use the paddle shifters nearly as much as i thought i would, although they are fun to use…

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Use the paddle shifters for mountain curved roads.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Use the paddle shifters for mountain curved roads.
Sports mode gets the hint, i noticed it down shifts quite aggressively to help with engine braking

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
I had a 2018 EcoBoost Premium with paddle shifters. It had 99,000 miles on it when I sold it in December. Never used the paddle shifters once, so I am glad Ford does not install them on all Mustangs because I am sure my 2024 EcoBoost would have cost more than it did, and I would still never use them.

As far as the 10 speed automatic, I had that in the 2018 and it seemed it was always trying to figure out what gear it wanted to be in. No such issues with the 2024. I think it's a great transmission.

OP
OP
03SVTOwner

03SVTOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboot
beautiful color! 😁 in all honesty i dont use the paddle shifters nearly as much as i thought i would, although they are fun to use…
I appreciate your kind reply, I'm going to do my best to enjoy it as it is.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
most of the hate surrounding the 10R80 transmission. It's just been so difficult to get to a place where the transmission doesn't bump and thump every other gear.
Something doesn't sound right. Have you spoken to the Dealership-Tech's? The shifting should be almost unnoticeable, almost like dog ear gearing on a manual.

OP
OP
03SVTOwner

03SVTOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboot
Something doesn't sound right. Have you spoken to the Dealership-Tech's? The shifting should be almost unnoticeable, almost like dog ear gearing on a manual.
You know, I haven't done that yet, good thought. I'll give the transmission some more time to adapt and see how it's doing. I'm starting to really like the "Slippery" mode, it seems to give the smoothest shifts and it doesn't skip gears either!
Sponsored