• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Boston vs flat rock

Leos650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s650
Quick question what’s the difference from going from flat rock to new Boston what’s in one place that car has to go there (New Boston)?
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Flat Rock is where the assembly plant is located, where the cars are put together
S650 Mustang New Boston vs flat rock Desktop Screenshot 2023.09.12 - 20.17.25.17

New Boston is where the railhead is located for the cars to get loaded for shipping
S650 Mustang New Boston vs flat rock Desktop Screenshot 2023.09.12 - 20.18.15.84

distance wise theyre both located in a short distance from each other south of Detrioit ~13 miles by road

OP
OP
Leos650

Leos650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s650
Flat Rock is where the assembly plant is located, where the cars are put together
Desktop Screenshot 2023.09.12 - 20.17.25.17.png

New Boston is where the railhead is located for the cars to get loaded for shipping
Desktop Screenshot 2023.09.12 - 20.18.15.84.png

distance wise theyre both located in a short distance from each other south of Detrioit ~13 miles by road
Ahh thank you for the clear information there mate !!!

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
Flat Rock is where the plant is. New Boston is where the train yard is, if your car is being transported via rail. Once it leaves New Boston, you can get the train car number and track it by calling CSX and using options 2,1,3.

OP
OP
Leos650

Leos650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang s650
Flat Rock is where the plant is. New Boston is where the train yard is, if your car is being transported via rail. Once it leaves New Boston, you can get the train car number and track it by calling CSX and using options 2,1,3.
Good to know !! Thank you

Butkus1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2024 Mustang 9(soon)
How often they pick up out of new Boston, seems like many have been sitting there forever?

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
How often they pick up out of new Boston, seems like many have been sitting there forever?
That I don't know, but yes, the cars are slow getting out of the rail yard. Being that Ford had something like 7000 Mustangs built before the decided to start shipping them, they are WAY behind. And even then, once it's on the train and CSX unloads the car from the train, it could sit there for another week or two before they can get it on a truck to bring it to the dealership.

I've been told that all customer orders have been marked "hot", but I suggest everyone ignore the client portal. Track the car yourself through Ford support. Then once you get the train car number, track it. It's the only thing that has been accurate, AT ALL, when tracking these cars. Once it gets to the destination rail yard, call your dealer and let them know it is there. There is a good chance they won't know. They can then call the rail yard and make sure it is marked "hot" which means it will be prioritized to get on a truck.

Butkus1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2024 Mustang 9(soon)
That I don't know, but yes, the cars are slow getting out of the rail yard. Being that Ford had something like 7000 Mustangs built before the decided to start shipping them, they are WAY behind. And even then, once it's on the train and CSX unloads the car from the train, it could sit there for another week or two before they can get it on a truck to bring it to the dealership.

I've been told that all customer orders have been marked "hot", but I suggest everyone ignore the client portal. Track the car yourself through Ford support. Then once you get the train car number, track it. It's the only thing that has been accurate, AT ALL, when tracking these cars. Once it gets to the destination rail yard, call your dealer and let them know it is there. There is a good chance they won't know. They can then call the rail yard and make sure it is marked "hot" which means it will be prioritized to get on a truck.
interesting I did find out it would ship from new Boston to jessup, md. Found train schedules from CSX.
S650 Mustang New Boston vs flat rock IMG_0342
Sponsored