• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Need Advice !

CrimeMaster_GO_GO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350
First shoutout to this forum and the guys here. I have learned a lot and I am super excited about my first to-be Mustang.

I had my GT premium order put in August and it is still in the confirmed state. As impatient as I am, I started looking for similar specs available at the dealers. Now I found one with the exact same specs as mine (Dark Matter Grey, PP, NPP, Active Exhaust, MagnaRide) but also has Recaro on it. My intent with the car is to never track it and it will be my pampered cruiser/daily.
I am medium-built 5'7" guy and I have personally never sat in Recaros let alone in Mustangs. I wanted to get opinions from people here if Recaros are comfortable for longer drives or recommend leather seats.

Thanks again !
Sponsored

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I'm 6'1" 195 lbs and the Recaro seats were way too tight for me. Yes, they do hug your body, but at least for me, it is overkill. YMMV...

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Comfort is a tough one to advise on. They will be a more snug fit for sure. If the dealer is within a reasonable range, take a drive down and check it out.

If you have a deposit on the other order, just make sure it's fully refundable before you walk away from it.

OP
OP

CrimeMaster_GO_GO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350
I'm 6'1" 195 lbs and the Recaro seats were way too tight for me. Yes, they do hug your body, but at least for me, it is overkill. YMMV...
Thanks Steveo. You mean the bolstering or them being firm for the bum.

OP
OP

CrimeMaster_GO_GO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350
Comfort is a tough one to advise on. They will be a more snug fit for sure. If the dealer is within a reasonable range, take a drive down and check it out.

If you have a deposit on the other order, just make sure it's fully refundable before you walk away from it.
Thanks

The car is 5.5 hours away. I will search local to see if there is anything available.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oof! Yeah that's a hike. Nevermind. Then again, you could take tomorrow off. I 'm sure your boss would understand!

OP
OP

CrimeMaster_GO_GO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350
oof! Yeah that's a hike. Nevermind. Then again, you could take tomorrow off. I 'm sure your boss would understand!
Planned sick leave :crackup:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Thanks Steveo. You mean the bolstering or them being firm for the bum.
Yes... My butt is small, it's the bolstering that is tight and I'm rather thin, well sort of.. Firm on the bum is there but ok.. I take a lot of long trips so comfort is a big factor for me. Like others have suggested, you really should find a dealer that has a car with the Recaros in it and see how it works for you.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
I am thin, width wise anyway 😄, and the recaros are too tight for my taste. If my plan was to mostly track the car, then maybe, but not for daily driver and trips.
Especially with no power.

But you should really sit in one yourself. A lot to spend on car without doing that.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
My intent with the car is to never track it and it will be my pampered cruiser/daily.
seats can be changed. Although in light of the stated objective having toasted buns and cool air up the …. Uh hmmm.. falls into the pamper category.

OP
OP

CrimeMaster_GO_GO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350
seats can be changed. Although in light of the stated objective having toasted buns and cool air up the …. Uh hmmm.. falls into the pamper category.
Definitely, thanks Zig

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
Mine does! My 2024 Mustang GT Convertible is at the dealership waiting on me and I will be getting her this afternoon. I asked my bosses if I could leave early today and this one particular boss, who is a huge car person, says "you know I'm good with you leaving early for that purpose". :-)

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I wouldn't do it. I hear they are not comfortable. They also lack heating/cooling. Finally they are manual and obviously not memory seats. Unless you track it, I see no benefit to the recaros

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine does! My 2024 Mustang GT Convertible is at the dealership waiting on me and I will be getting her this afternoon. I asked my bosses if I could leave early today and this one particular boss, who is a huge car person, says "you know I'm good with you leaving early for that purpose". :-)
Sounds like somewhere I would WANT TO WORK!
Sponsored