• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NEED ADVICE!!! Financial issues came up

Logan Heagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition, 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis
So I just got a call that my mustang has been delivered to the dealership and is ready for pickup, the only problem is I'm dealing with loads of medical bills over the last 2-3 months and am not going to be able to afford the monthly payments of the mustang, would it be worth it for me to sign the papers and bring it to another dealer? Can I make any money on my GT by selling it? I am kinda in a jam here, I was so close to owning my first mustang and after months of waiting it's literally all falling apart! Any advice from anyone?
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So I just got a call that my mustang has been delivered to the dealership and is ready for pickup, the only problem is I'm dealing with loads of medical bills over the last 2-3 months and am not going to be able to afford the monthly payments of the mustang, would it be worth it for me to sign the papers and bring it to another dealer? Can I make any money on my GT by selling it? I am kinda in a jam here, I was so close to owning my first mustang and after months of waiting it's literally all falling apart! Any advice from anyone?
I'm not really sure what you're asking for, and what you want us to suggest.

While anything's possible, it *IS* very unrealistic to believe you're going to be able to flip it for a profit before the car note comes due, if that's what you're thinking.

Just don't take delivery of the car.

squad0014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Sorry to hear that. Imo it would be wiser to wait it out and get a nicer build when you get back on track financially.

You might be able to resell it but im not sure you can make much profit with all the registration fees + taxes. It would have been a different story if it was a dark horse

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Definitely do not take delivery. The Mustang is not a limited production car. You WILL take a hit as soon as you drive it off the lot.
Mustangs arenā€™t going anywhere. Take care of yourself and medical bills, and once that is done you can start thinking about buying a nice car again.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
you can always order another GT, it's best to wait until you are financially stable before making such a big purchase. plus, if you end up ordering a '25, you may have even cooler options and colors than the '24 has

OP
OP

Logan Heagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition, 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis
Thank you guys, I'll let my dealer know in the morning I won't be able to take it but hey if there is anyone in the Southern Chicagoland area who wants one there's a GT 6 speed in yellow splash that just became available lol hit up my buddy Jake at Court Street Ford in Bourbonnais IL

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
DON'T take delivery. Do the things that need to be done NOW and buy/order another Mustang when your really ready.
Like others have said, the Mustang will still be here whether it's next year or possibly 3-4 years longer.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Donā€™t take delivery. Imagine you do and all of a sudden every dealership is offering you $10,000 under what you paid. Donā€™t put yourself in that position.
Maybe post on here what your order was and Maybe itā€™s something somebody else is wanting thatā€™s waiting on their car and theyā€™re getting tired of waiting. I will go down there tomorrow to the car dealership and talk to them, explain to them what happened and they will probably put it on the lot and up the price some
So Sorry that youā€™re going through this, maybe you will be able to buy one on down the road

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Thank you guys, I'll let my dealer know in the morning I won't be able to take it but hey if there is anyone in the Southern Chicagoland area who wants one there's a GT 6 speed in yellow splash that just became available lol hit up my buddy Jake at Court Street Ford in Bourbonnais IL
Without know more about you which isn't any of my business, I think you are wise not to take the car. I had a period in my life where I went for several year and my budget was a third for rent, a third for medical and a third for the rest of my living expenses. There wasn't room in the budget for even eating out more than once a week at the local dairy queen. It's tough but it's best to be as free of debt as possible. By doing so, you may find that mustang in your garage sooner than you think.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Donā€™t dig a hole deeper than you can stand. Being ā€˜this closeā€™ (to making it happen) will make next time that much [more] sweeter.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Its November 11 , how did u make out or did I miss a thread?
Without know more about you which isn't any of my business, I think you are wise not to take the car. I had a period in my life where I went for several year and my budget was a third for rent, a third for medical and a third for the rest of my living expenses. There wasn't room in the budget for even eating out more than once a week at the local dairy queen. It's tough but it's best to be as free of debt as possible. By doing so, you may find that mustang in your garage sooner than you think.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
you can always order another GT, it's best to wait until you are financially stable before making such a big purchase. plus, if you end up ordering a '25, you may have even cooler options and colors than the '24 has
You might even get 25% larger screens in 2025 than before. You really donā€™t want to miss that. Youā€™ll be able to play pinball at stoplights.
Sponsored