• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer Issues... Advice Needed...

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
So..... First new car I have purchased in about 5 years. Since I have purchased about a dozen new cars over the years I am well familiar with most of the dealer tricks. So anyway, the dealer I went to accepted my X-Plan but tried the usual tricks.... They offered me a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, which basically covers all the expensive parts, for free. But then started the usual vin etching, ceramic coating, etc BS. So I realize this is high markup "packing the car" crap but in exchange for a 100k warranty, I succumbed. My insurance company offers a discount for the VIN etching and tracking device... So that's good... My question is regarding the Ford "ceramic coating" I suspect it's a spray bottle applied by a minimum wage worker and not worth it. Anyone else have experiences with this>
Sponsored

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
Exactly what it is. They are just putting a spray wax on your car and calling it a ceramic coating. even if it is a ceramic spray it will not last long at all. Save your money and take it to a professional detailer. If you ordered the car they shouldn't be trying to make you buy any of this BS. Good luck and find another dealer to do business with

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm going to take Granger up on their extended warranty offer 10 years 60k miles $0 deductible for my garage queen. It wouldn't surprise me if the electronics would be as expensive (more expensive?) than the sturdy power train to repair or replace. Ran the numbers and it would only take a few visits over a decade to make $0 the cheapest option over $50-$100-$200 deductible options.

I had the manager sign no etching, no LoJack, no branding, no BS on my order paperwork. Hope to find out soon if they are true to their word.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm going to take Granger up on their extended warranty offer 10 years 60k miles $0 deductible for my garage queen. It wouldn't surprise me if the electronics would be as expensive (more expensive?) than the sturdy power train to repair or replace. Ran the numbers and it would only take a few visits over a decade to make $0 the cheapest option over $50-$100-$200 deductible options.

I had the manager sign no etching, no LoJack, no branding, no BS on my order paperwork. Hope to find out soon if they are true to their word.
To be clear, are you referring to the Ford Exrended Service Plan?

That's different from any warranty Granger itself would offer, and you can use it at any Ford dealer nationwide. After all, it would be an awfully long drive from Massachusetts to Iowa just to get the car serviced...

I'm not trying to be a smart ass about this, BTW. I got suckered into buying a dealer's ESP with my last Mustang (won't make that mistake again).

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
So..... First new car I have purchased in about 5 years. Since I have purchased about a dozen new cars over the years I am well familiar with most of the dealer tricks. So anyway, the dealer I went to accepted my X-Plan but tried the usual tricks.... They offered me a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, which basically covers all the expensive parts, for free. But then started the usual vin etching, ceramic coating, etc BS. So I realize this is high markup "packing the car" crap but in exchange for a 100k warranty, I succumbed. My insurance company offers a discount for the VIN etching and tracking device... So that's good... My question is regarding the Ford "ceramic coating" I suspect it's a spray bottle applied by a minimum wage worker and not worth it. Anyone else have experiences with this>
I usually respond with, can I purchase it later? How long will the offer be valid? Let me think it over. If on day two Iā€™m not as ā€˜excitedā€™ about their in-office offer, well at least Iā€™m driving.

does sync (mobile app) automatically include vehicle tracking/location?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If at all possible, I think it is in everyones' interest not to accept any add-ons of any kind. Anything I've read of dealers offering, can be accomplished later by the owner on their timeline, at a better price. It's best to have the discussion when placing an order or before the car arrives.

Some dealers are upfront about add-ons while negotiating pricing and the order. Others, wait until your sitting at the desk, the signing, to discuss and negotiate. Some, fortunately few and far between, will simply add it to the final documents without saying.

Regarding an extended warranty, Granger offers the best price I've seen. The process is simple.

https://www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

The plan from Granger is a Ford plan, available for use nationwide. Some dealers offer like plans, that are third-party, non-Ford plans and not necessarily the same.

Owners do not have to purchase an extended plan at signing. An extended plan can be purchased any time before the initial factory warranty expires: three years.

Regarding ceramic coating, Paint Protection Film, tint or anything else, seek out a locally-owned detailer and tour their shops. I cannot speak to pricing in your location, but I'm comfortable the quality of the job and the materials used will be superior.

Last edited:

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible

That's different from any warranty Granger itself would offer, and you can use it at any Ford dealer nationwide. After all, it would be an awfully long drive from Massachusetts to Iowa just to get the car serviced...

I'm not trying to be a smart ass about this, BTW. I got suckered into buying a dealer's ESP with my last Mustang (won't make that mistake again).
Yeah not looking to put that many miles on the car! Yes, they are selling the Ford ESP plan. Since it will be stored more than 50% of the year, the 60k 10 year $0 deductible plan makes the most sense in my case to me:

S650 Mustang Dealer Issues... Advice Needed... 1693489138662

This is backed by Ford at any dealer. Granger just posted that prices are likely to increase 10/1, so I don't know if I will be able to use any FordPass points to buy the warranty. I only received the "get your driveway ready" email yesterday, even though it "shipped" two weeks ago.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird

The warranty Granger sell is the Ford ESP.
Sponsored