• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My Order is sitting in Orlando Shipyard while everyone else is getting theirs…

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Hey guys,
Anyone know what the normal process is for a mustang order that I placed 1 minute after order banks opened 03/27, it has been built for weeks, and now is just sitting at the Orlando Florida shipyard 4 hours away with a ETA of end of September?!?

seems pretty excessive that it would be that far away. For reference I have a Priority 10 code for ford order (pretty high) and shipyard says it doesn’t have a carrier yet. Is that unusual that it would sit that long?!?

Other dealers around me (I’m in Naples, FL) have gotten 3+ new mustangs and are marking them up a ton. Doesn’t seem like ford is really looking out for retail orders or is that just me?
Sponsored

Luckybob2485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I ordered a base GT on 3/27. Tracker shows shipped on 8/21, and my car is still sitting in Michigan waiting to ship. Not sure what the process is, but it seems a lot of vehicles are built and waiting for weeks/months.

OP
OP
Cars And Shenanigans

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
I ordered a base GT on 3/27. Tracker shows shipped on 8/21, and my car is still sitting in Michigan waiting to ship. Not sure what the process is, but it seems a lot of vehicles are built and waiting for weeks/months.
Agreed, it’s just extremely weird that the vehicle would be so close yet marked being almost a month out? I would literally have no problem driving myself out there with a trailer to pick it up rn if it takes some pressure off the shipper. Only do what you can

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys,
Anyone know what the normal process is for a mustang order that I placed 1 minute after order banks opened 03/27, it has been built for weeks, and now is just sitting at the Orlando Florida shipyard 4 hours away with a ETA of end of September?!?

seems pretty excessive that it would be that far away. For reference I have a Priority 10 code for ford order (pretty high) and shipyard says it doesn’t have a carrier yet. Is that unusual that it would sit that long?!?

Other dealers around me (I’m in Naples, FL) have gotten 3+ new mustangs and are marking them up a ton. Doesn’t seem like ford is really looking out for retail orders or is that just me?
My suspicion is that, aside from the relative distance, they're waiting on enough cars going to your dealer to fill a truck.

Sucks, but thems are the breaks...

OP
OP
Cars And Shenanigans

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
My suspicion is that, aside from the relative distance, they're waiting on enough cars going to your dealer to fill a truck.

Sucks, but thems are the breaks...
Yea but it’s weird. I am a part of the dealer and we currently have 3 units at the Orlando shipyard. That’s the usual amount showing up at a time. So it’s confusing why they sit. It is most likely a possibility though just wish it would move

rkmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'31 Chrysler, '59 Galaxie, & now '24 Mustang GT
Same irritant, cars popping up at dealers all over Columbus, and neither Ford nor my dealer can tell me why mine still hasn't shipped. Still sitting in Dearborn with a re-released status for a few weeks now, built since 6/16 and getting rusty.

OP
OP
Cars And Shenanigans

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Fairly sure the Ford Member will not be making a comment on this thread…….
I’m not sure I understand your comment? Something wrong with Ford employees who are mustang enthusiasts asking other people for their thoughts and opinions?

OP
OP
Cars And Shenanigans

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
He’s saying @Ford Motor Company won’t answer any REAL questions…they just congratulate people that have gotten their cars..
I gotcha never mind then. Just seemed a bit out of place of a comment 😂 Mines in Orlando but now I’m worried about the strike. I mean if it’s no longer in fords possession and instead is in the shippers hands it shouldn’t be held back by a strike right?!? ETA updated to next few days.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
He’s saying @Ford Motor Company won’t answer any REAL questions…they just congratulate people that have gotten their cars..
Right.

In other words, they're only here to give generic scripted replies to "happy" customers (akin to a Bot), not address any real concerns dissatisfied customers may have.

Last edited:

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I’m not sure I understand your comment? Something wrong with Ford employees who are mustang enthusiasts asking other people for their thoughts and opinions?
You have not read enough of the threads to realize that the “Official” FORUM FORD MEMBER only comments to congratulate a new owner and never to assist with anything else. If you work at a dealership? then I’m sure you understand Ford itself does not control 3rd party shippers…unless i’ve read a lot of misinformed posts. Hopefully it will show up soon.
Sponsored