• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My Mustang on a Ship in the sea

ecc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang Coupe, 24 Mustang GT, 24 Blazer RS
It's not every day that a container ship drops the majority of a 1.6 mile long bridge 185' into the water, taking cars with people in them with it.

And it's too soon to rule out any type of nefarious cause, either. Probable? No. Possible? Yes.
I've since been made aware it's because the Port of Baltimore is so big and is currently closed (and likely will be for a while).

Also, congrats @YamenGT650!
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I've since been made aware it's because the Port of Baltimore is so big and is currently closed (and likely will be for a while).
Yet another "supply chain" issue to raise prices on everything!

Reactions: ecc
OP
OP
YamenGT650

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP

Also, congrats @YamenGT650!
Thank you! Have a great day

OP
OP
YamenGT650

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only way out is to be on the other side of the chain
Only way out it to produce your own goods locally and not rely on other nations, most specifically for goods that are of utmost importance.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I guess that’s a good thing, less parts to wear out, but probably less smooth on tight turns.
When i test drove it, it felt planted through corners compared to the 2018 that i test drove 6 years ago!
The Torsen has no clutches that wear out but its less predictable if you drift and has less traction in straights as it is torque sensing and does not lock like a clutch LSD would...I am surprised Ford still uses the Torsen as it was more popular on all time AWD cars to send the power to either front or rear axle depending which has more traction.Torsen was the ting over 40 years ago when Audi came out with the quattro...

OP
OP
YamenGT650

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
The Torsen has no clutches that wear out but its less predictable if you drift and has less traction in straights as it is torque sensing and does not lock like a clutch LSD would...I am surprised Ford still uses the Torsen as it was more popular on all time AWD cars to send the power to either front or rear axle depending which has more traction.Torsen was the ting over 40 years ago when Audi came out with the quattro...
Last thing i would do with a mustang is drift it… feels like a recipe to eternal regret… some people are skilled enough to play with it…
But i guess it’s stronger for future mods than a clutch based LSD. Am planning to throw in a Whipple once the warranty ends, gives me a new car to enjoy for a couple more years.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clutch pack LSD good for road racing, but TORSEN is better for street cars. TORSEN has low noise and is low maintenance). Install and forget. Absolutely more predictable performance vs LSD on the street. LSD is good for road racing and other motorsports because they don't care about noise and maintenance, and they prefer/need clutches to slip. It's more adjustable.
Sponsored