• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My 9 month wait is over - the blue ember Dark Horse has arrived

OP
OP
Luckydog7

Luckydog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Hotse
Congrats Luckydog7 on your 2024 Dark (Hotse) Horse!! I'm wondering if you had any notifications from Ford or Dealer about your order. Other then the confirmation email from FORD that they got your order, did you get any emails/texts about scheduled/build/shipping on your car? I ordered one on 7/17 and got my Ford email about my order. I ordered a Dark Horse Premium with HP, Painted Hood and stripes, AT10 and other than the FORD confirmation haven't heard a peep.... I've been looking elsewhere country wide to find the same specs I have but found one with it but with my secondary color.... Pondering on what to do. In the forums, I'm reading a few folks are getting cancellation notices of their cars.....
Again congratulations on your new car.... Plus, wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas...
Merry Christmas to you as well..

Initially my dealer caller and said if you cancel the handling package you'll get it delivered sooner, which I said no way. Then every 45 days I got a notification from Ford that status was "still processing" Those notifications suddenly stopped around September. Then it was silence. Which prompted me to start calling the Ford help line and the Chat service available online. I gave them the dealer code and VIN once it was assigned. I just started hitting the c hat box every week. This was my big feedback complaint to Ford, lack of communication.
Best of luck on your order and it is worth the wait
Sponsored

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Luckydog7:
Congratulations on your car. After 9 months. Really glad for you. I ordered my Dark Horse only 8 months ago, since then in order to not have mine cancelled, I had to delete the Carbon Fiber Wheels, then about a month later, dealer called and said if I want to keep my car, and the dealership not loose their only allocation for a dark horse I had to delete the HP. So I did. Then 2 weeks later to the exact day of last call, he said that Ford is no longer offering the DH Appearance Package. Which meant NO. Ember Blue Metallic, no notorious blue calipers,etc. Wow talk about disappointing. I told him to also remove the painted stripes as well. My family has been buying new Ford or Ford cars since 1959. My Dad bought a new 1959 Mercury Monterey. I personally have bought 9 new Ford's.2 of which are a 2000 GT,and a 2008 GT. Doesn't matter one bit to Ford. I guess I'm bashing a bit sorry. I'm just glad you got the car you want,and don't have to settle for less. God Bless and enjoy your beautiful car.
I donā€™t understand what is going on with Ford.
How difficult is it for a vendor to supply parts to Ford?
Ford Motor Company makes money selling CARS..
You donā€™t have to be a Rhodes Scholar to understand Ford is cutting their profits.
I just donā€™t get it.

Last edited:

Renegade561

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 dark horse
What kind of places do the redline install like that. Would love to have one on my DH

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Congratulations on your New Arrival!! That was the Color Spec I was gonna go with had I choose to wait it out. Enjoy that thang ā€¦. I mean ā€œStrangā€!!!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
There is a Blue Ember Metallic DH 10R80 non HP w/DHAP on the lot @ Crest Ford in Flat Rock, MI (literally across the street from the FRAP where the Mustangs are built). Ask for Mike Queen.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Luckydog7
Well I took your advice. I called Ford, while on phone with them Brenda asked if I would like her to check local dealers inventory. She did, she found 2 exactly the way I ordered mine. One wanted a 40k premium because I was paying cash, the other dealership 3 hours from my house had exact DH less Recaro Seats which after testing the other DH I realized I didn't like them. So I paid full sticker price for my Blue Ember DH with the options I wanted less seats,and painted stripes, and Carbon Fiber Wheels. Absolutely love the car, everyone in the family does to. Took delivery 12/27/23. It's amazing

OP
OP
Luckydog7

Luckydog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Hotse
Luckydog7
Well I took your advice. I called Ford, while on phone with them Brenda asked if I would like her to check local dealers inventory. She did, she found 2 exactly the way I ordered mine. One wanted a 40k premium because I was paying cash, the other dealership 3 hours from my house had exact DH less Recaro Seats which after testing the other DH I realized I didn't like them. So I paid full sticker price for my Blue Ember DH with the options I wanted less seats,and painted stripes, and Carbon Fiber Wheels. Absolutely love the car, everyone in the family does to. Took delivery 12/27/23. It's amazing
Woohooo, congrats and enjoy

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I donā€™t understand what is going on with Ford.
How difficult is it for a vendor to supply parts to Ford?
Ford Motor Company makes money selling CARS..
You donā€™t have to be a Roadā€˜s Scholar to understand Ford is cutting their profits.
I just donā€™t get it.
Rhodes.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
It's a beauty. :like: Congratulations.