• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Purchase Pricing

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD
Hey guys, thought it might be beneficial for everyone if folks were willing to share what kinds of deals they’ve been able to negotiate now that we’re nearing the back half of the 2024 model year and the initial new car excitement rush has slowed down.

X plan is a no hassle option for dealerships that participate, but it seems like better deals can be had; for example Granger and their offer to order non DH models at 2% under invoice.

Best deals I’ve stumbled on near me so far:
  • Invoice + $450
  • 1% under invoice
We’re looking at ordering a MT GT 301A w/ PP and AVE.

So let’s hear it, what kinds of deals have you all managed to snag recently?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
For any deal you do negotiate, I would confirm with the salesperson you will not be accepting any add-ons, in writing. No warranties, tint, ceramic coating, nitrogen in the tires, etc., unless you want those as part of the sale.

If you're not doing so already, secure the final price with a purchase order, e-mail, something, to help prevent against any later "adjustments".

Finally, confirm with that dealer they support Price Protection, in-case Ford later increases the cost of any selected options. The overwhelming majority of dealers support Price Protection. But some don't.

CA is a huge market alone. With NV and AZ close-by, I'd think you should be able to find some good deals. In general, I believe you'll get best pricing from any one dealer by going through their Internet Sales department.

Happy Hunting. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Straight MSRP for me. No add-ons except for the door edge guards that I specifically wanted. This was agreed to at time of order.

Toor_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 s197 v6. Awaiting 2024 s650 GT PP/NP
Still waiting for my vehicle. But I do have a signed purchase protected at the agreed upon financing rate too. So even if order takes 6 months, it’s protected at MSRP with the financing agreement at 2.9% apr

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
  • Invoice + $200
  • 1% under invoice
Make sure to compare documentation fees and the like. X-plan and/or other dealerships can beat many of those ridiculous fees.

For any deal you do negotiate, I would confirm with the salesperson you will not be accepting any add-ons, in writing. No warranties, tint, ceramic coating, nitrogen in the tires, etc., unless you want those as part of the sale.
I agree with you completely. Just a note that I believe the Mustang comes with nitrogen in the tires from the factory. And any of those add-ons should be priced in advance, and compared against specialty shops that may offer better quality, prices, etc.

Still waiting for my vehicle. But I do have a signed purchase protected at the agreed upon financing rate too. So even if order takes 6 months, it’s protected at MSRP with the financing agreement at 2.9% apr
That's pretty remarkable. I haven't heard of banks willing to hold financing rates indefinitely.

OP
OP

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD
Make sure to compare documentation fees and the like. X-plan and/or other dealerships can beat many of those ridiculous fees.
One of the few great things about buying a car in CA, doc fees are capped at a maximum of $85.

OP
OP

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD

If you're not doing so already, secure the final price with a purchase order, e-mail, something, to help prevent against any later "adjustments".

Finally, confirm with that dealer they support Price Protection, in-case Ford later increases the cost of any selected options. The overwhelming majority of dealers support Price Protection. But some don't.

CA is a huge market alone. With NV and AZ close-by, I'd think you should be able to find some good deals. In general, I believe you'll get best pricing from any one dealer by going through their Internet Sales department.

Happy Hunting. :thumbsup:
Lots of great info here. I didn’t want the first post to be too wordy, but our last two new car purchases have been Jeep Wranglers. On the wrangler forums there is a similar thread to what I’ve started here where the community can share pricing info and deals. It benefits the community in that it’s a lot less legwork to find a deal and makes it easy to identify which dealers are great to work with and which ones you should avoid.

Our last Mustang was a 2017 GT manual with PP in Lightning Blue. We looked for similar info then and also came up dry, but I think we did alright on the deal.

For 2024, it’s hard to gauge what’s a “good” deal in that we’re half way/two thirds the way through this model year on a new platform on a low? volume car.

The two price points I indicated in the first post came fairly “easy” (I literally asked “can you do x% under invoice and it was a yes without any haggling) which makes me think there’s a bigger margin for a discount.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

If you are waiting for a non DH, MSRP is a crappy deal. I have been offered 3-4k off of MSRP on cars in stock. I still passed. I have to say I think we will see some discounts on DH too later on in the year. There are a few dealers that have them on lots at MSRP and aren't moving them.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Hey guys, thought it might be beneficial for everyone if folks were willing to share what kinds of deals they’ve been able to negotiate now that we’re nearing the back half of the 2024 model year and the initial new car excitement rush has slowed down.

X plan is a no hassle option for dealerships that participate, but it seems like better deals can be had; for example Granger and their offer to order non DH models at 2% under invoice.

• Invoice + $200
  • 1% under invoice
We’re looking at ordering a MT GT 301A w/ PP and AVE.

So let’s hear it, what kinds of deals have you all managed to snag recently?

You got a message.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I got X-Plan which was about $3k off MRSP.. The first dealer I went to added in all this crap like LoJack or something similar, "ceramic coating" and some other crap. They DID offer a 100k powertrain warranty but it was only good at their dealership. They also required I take a loan even though I told them I was paying cash. I deep sixed them and, got my $500 deposit back and went to a local mom and pop dealership that deals mostly in trucks. I worked with the same salesman who sold me my 2003 GT vert. I was in and out in 15min. No addons, no loan, no doc fees except for the standard X-Plan fee...
The sad part is the first dealer is recommended by all the local Mustang clubs which is why I went there in the first place.

Toor_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 s197 v6. Awaiting 2024 s650 GT PP/NP
If you are waiting for a non DH, MSRP is a crappy deal. I have been offered 3-4k off of MSRP on cars in stock. I still passed. I have to say I think we will see some discounts on DH too later on in the year. There are a few dealers that have them on lots at MSRP and aren't moving them.
when I ordered it, most dealers were charging over MSRP so I was just happy to see MSRP with price protection. If I see that the car market is getting over saturated, I will try to renegotiate the price. If not, can always walk away. I still have my 2011 v6 which runs just fine. I won’t mind walking away and finding a better deal or possibly even waiting for the 2025. I appreciate the heads up on the info though!

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
One of the few great things about buying a car in CA, doc fees are capped at a maximum of $85.
While that's great for sure, and I wish those hokey fees would be capped everywhere, I'm gonna say I'd pay thousands extra, if worse came to worse, rather than live in CA. 😉 But I know you only said buy there, not live there. 😂

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We got a crap interest rate with excellent credit but walked out for final price of $1,000 under asking including tax, title and all the other crap. They did already add a protective package which they charged $1900 for but got that knocked down by half. I didn’t want it at all but I wasn’t willing to wait 6-9 months for a car. Seems most dealers do this in Florida and I hate it.
Sponsored