• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Panel Alignment Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Look at the panel gaps / alignment on the prototype Mach E - really cannot use prototypes to judge full production cars.

S650 Mustang Mustang Panel Alignment Problems 1682595170788
Sponsored

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
It looks like the plastic rear lip is fitted too high. If you adjust the bootlid down it would not align with the rest of the bodywork. Typical pre-production car to be honest.
So the S550 is still a pre production car. They also have it until today.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Look at the panel gaps / alignment on the prototype Mach E - really cannot use prototypes to judge full production cars.

1682595170788.png
You are right. But there is a difference between pre production cars.

1. The fact that those errors also occur on previous models which are not pre production cars.
2. Testing vehicles with camo
3. Testing vehicles without camo
4. Pre production cars that are used to show the whole world how the car looks like, including all features, media and testdrives.

This everything combined, there is a HUGE chance that this trunk and bumper panel will stay the same just like the S550.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Ford replaced the black plastic panel on the trunk which never had any good fitment with another plastic piece this time on the trunk itself and now this piece is misaligned 😂

For you that are saying these are pre-production cars and hence therefore misalignments are ok! I have been to many car shows and no prototype nor cars on display have had this visible panel alignment issues. Specially not on cars which are shown on social media where the reach nowadays are much greater than having a magazine. Also do consider we are very close to production and there cannot be that many of this pre-production vechiles floating around, meaning they should have maybe put in some more love into having the panels aligned as good as possible as there is a bunch of us that do pick up on this and that the tooling/molding/assembly should be very close to production.

It is due to "this is a v8 with four wheels, we should not expect anything better" mentality Ford does not improve the QA, because folks just buy into it! It's not like it is a cheap car, specially not abroad.

With that said I think it is fantastic that Ford is still producing the car!

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are right. But there is a difference between pre production cars.

1. The fact that those errors also occur on previous models which are not pre production cars.
2. Testing vehicles with camo
3. Testing vehicles without camo
4. Pre production cars that are used to show the whole world how the car looks like, including all features, media and testdrives.

This everything combined, there is a HUGE chance that this trunk and bumper panel will stay the same just like the S550.
Well until we see a final customer car it is pointless arguing about it!

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Well until we see a final customer car it is pointless arguing about it!
Okay, I really want to hear what's your excuse when the cars come out with the same panel gaps.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Ehh?

When they come out we will see - until then, you are just arguing with yourself about something you don't know
No answer on my question. Just like I thought. See you in a few months then.

Until then, I keep posting panel gaps on the S650.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
No , like when they make the next tweaks, 2027/28
Gen2 s650.

I’m sure tightening/ smoothing out tolerances/gaps will be part of new tooling.
I honestly don’t think this whole thing will last that long.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No answer on my question. Just like I thought. See you in a few months then.

Until then, I keep posting panel gaps on the S650.
How can anybody answer you? There are no customer cars!

When they come out we will then be able to see the panel gaps and alignment

Then people will decide if they want to buy them

Get over yourself .....

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
How can anybody answer you? There are no customer cars!

When they come out we will then be able to see the panel gaps and alignment

Then people will decide if they want to buy them

Get over yourself .....
1. You said the panel gaps have to do with the reason that these are pre production cars

2. I asked you what your excuse would be when the final cars come out for the consumers with the same gaps.

3. You did not answer this question.

4. You keep denying the fact that you can't answer my question because zero reasons.

If you say something. Stand behind it.
Don't say something and and run away or try to avoid a simple question.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. You said the panel gaps have to do with the reason that these are pre production cars

2. I asked you what your excuse would be when the final cars come out for the consumers with the same gaps.

4. You keep denying the fact that you can't answer my question because zero reasons.

If you say something. Stand behind it.
Don't say something and and run away or try to avoid a simple question.

Yes

Why would I make an excuse for anything - I am not connected with Ford in any way. Nobody knows what the final cars will be like as there are none yet.

I have made my point very clearly and 'stand by it'

No idea what you are on about

I think it is probably best you take a step back for a while. You have made your point and given your opinion - leave it.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer

Yes

Why would I make an excuse for anything - I am not connected with Ford in any way. Nobody knows what the final cars will be like as there are none yet.

I have made my point very clearly and 'stand by it'

No idea what you are on about

I think it is probably best you take a step back for a while. You have made your point and given your opinion - leave it.
Now it's totally clear that you are not honest and act like you are blind to an easy question.

Good luck with acting blind and avoiding a simple question.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yes OP you are 100% correct. There are plenty of Mustangs whose panel gaps are spot on so it’s not bad tooling or poor tolerances. It’s poor assembly line practises and shitty QC. Ford have been banging on about quality being job no. 1 for at least twenty years to my knowledge yet here we are in 2023 with the same luck of the draw fit and finish. It can’t even be blamed on Ford not being a premium brand, it’s purely down to the lack of doing a consistently good job on the assembly line. Farley needs to spend less time on race tracks and more time on the factory floor.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.