• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Hybrid PowerBoost?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Yeah pics don't do the color justice but here's ours. I mentioned it previously, but pics and vids make the color look dull for some reason. It looks like washed out in this pic, but in person, the entire truck was the richer color similar to what you see with the bed.

S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid PowerBoost? IMG20221105140629
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Well considering the fact that mid engine would be the best next move for ford I wish that considered this . I really like Lotus new mid engine car under 100k I mean I think Ford building a platform like that would be an amazing next step but I’m just imagining lol
Oh, you're preaching to the choir now boyo. I feel as though the mustang and Corvette have followed similar trajectories. Both have been entirely, or mostly front engine, RWD throughout their history. Both names have been used on multiple mid-engine concepts, both have been running into the issue of producing so much power that it's becoming harder to take advantage of it.

But I do hope if Ford makes a mid-engine mustang, it's an additional model to slot above the front engine coupe. Give people options. Might end up being nothing, but this sketch was seen in the back of a ford presentation alongside a bunch of other sketches that became actual cars. Was super far away so the resolution sucks, but it looks like some sort of mid-engine rendering to me.

S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid PowerBoost? download

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
I honestly wish Ford would do that to the Mustang before going from ICE to EV.

OP
OP
Blueberrystang2000

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
I honestly wish Ford would do that to the Mustang before going from ICE to EV.
Possibly could happen, hope those “true” mustang enthusiast don’t start complaining about that because I think that’s another reason why Ford is keeping just pure v8 to please people who are totally against eletric anything

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Possibly could happen, hope those “true” mustang enthusiast don’t start complaining about that because I think that’s another reason why Ford is keeping just pure v8 to please people who are totally against eletric anything
Yeah, I hope they don't complain either. I'm just glad we have a coupe Mustang still. I think you're right, they were appeasing those people. Similar to the Mustang and Mazda Ford Probe thing from the late eighties.

OP
OP
Blueberrystang2000

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
Yeah, I hope they don't complain either. I'm just glad we have a coupe Mustang still. I think you're right, they were appeasing those people. Similar to the Mustang and Mazda Ford Probe thing from the late eighties.
Same reason why they made it have similarities to the fox body mustangs, I’m sure they withheld lots of technology or even a more modern design to try to keep in touch with others who might go against them if they went too far

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
Question…I know y’all seen the new hybrid corvette which is an V8 and awd crazy fast vehicle. Ford obviously has this same technology as shown in the power boost f150. How would y’all feel if ford did that same thing which the mustang? I’m curious to know how y’all would feel about that .
I'd be perfectly fine with it as it is amazing technology from what I hear.

Last edited:

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I think Ford needs to fill a gap that it’s missing and it’s for something between the Mustang and the GT. I don’t know if ford has a platform they could alter but if they could do something similar to the mustang but slightly shorter being only 2 seats and going midengine with the dark horse 5.0 standard would keep them competitive in the sports car world, actually that new dual throttle intake system taking air from scoops behind the doors would be amazing. Now how much would it cost to develop is anyone’s guess but unfortunately I don’t think they can match the C8. How they did all the R&D for a new platform and full aluminum frame and kept it under 70,000 for a very well equipped model is insane. But still it would fill a performance gap.

OP
OP
Blueberrystang2000

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
I think Ford needs to fill a gap that it’s missing and it’s for something between the Mustang and the GT. I don’t know if ford has a platform they could alter but if they could do something similar to the mustang but slightly shorter being only 2 seats and going midengine with the dark horse 5.0 standard would keep them competitive in the sports car world, actually that new dual throttle intake system taking air from scoops behind the doors would be amazing. Now how much would it cost to develop is anyone’s guess but unfortunately I don’t think they can match the C8. How they did all the R&D for a new platform and full aluminum frame and kept it under 70,000 for a very well equipped model is insane. But still it would fill a performance gap.
That’s what’s really needed, we need more mid engine cars , give me a roof scoop tho those are sexy lmao

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Ford trademarked Thunderbird a while ago. Maybe...

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Go ask maverick owners how their hybrids are doing. Fords been struggling with a few common issues. The most common one leaves you stranded. When they work, they’re fantastic. People are getting 55 mpgs in that thing. A few hybrid owners are getting some miles on them now, which is encouraging.
TLDR: wouldn’t touch one until the third more year of production.
If I had to get a replacement car/vehicle immediately within next 3-5 years, I think maverick hybrid is top of list. rode in one it's a nice vehicle and priced attractively. but I am hoping by time my little daily driver 2012 scion tc dies, (200k now) but it doesnt burn or drip any oil between my 15k interval oil changes. if when it dies, and EV is mainstream, and priced right, I will buy an EV

dont let me down little scion

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
by far the easiest hybrid Mustang would be to rip off the F150 setup which is just a pancake motor sandwiched between the ICE and A10 trans. I doubt they'd resort to 4WD but it's maybe possible I'd guess with some packaging contortions. I can't see them allowing 6MT in hybrid config because of the generous torque. A 20KW battery pack would fit behind or under the passenger seats.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
You're speaking my language now. Ford is testing multiple c8s, and ford has said they will expand the mustang brand. Some could say they were benchmarking the c8 against the s650, but that's very unlikely. I think they could actually offer something in price comparable to the c8.

They have the dct from the gt500 already developed, they already have a bunch of high performance v8s. They could maybe carry over a few suspension components from the gt, maybe even the carbon fiber tub possibly. Something starting at 70 grand and going up to maybe 150 or 200.

If gm with no mid-engine experience having to learn and develop everything from scratch can make the c8 profitable at sub 70 grand, and Lotus, a small brand with no resources can as well, then I don't see why ford couldn't with all their parts, resources, and know how.

S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid PowerBoost? third-gen-ford-gt-concept-feels-more-like-a-virtual-restomod-than-a-follow-up_8

S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid PowerBoost? third-gen-ford-gt-concept-feels-more-like-a-virtual-restomod-than-a-follow-up_13

S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid PowerBoost? third-gen-ford-gt-concept-feels-more-like-a-virtual-restomod-than-a-follow-up-209492_1

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blueberrystang2000

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
You're speaking my language now. Ford is testing multiple c8s, and ford has said they will expand the mustang brand. Some could say they were benchmarking the c8 against the s650, but that's very unlikely. I think they could actually offer something in price comparable to the c8.

They have the dct from the gt500 already developed, they already have a bunch of high performance v8s. They could maybe carry over a few suspension components from the gt, maybe even the carbon fiber tub possibly. Something starting at 70 grand and going up to maybe 150 or 200.

If gm with no mid-engine experience having to learn and develop everything from scratch can make the c8 profitable at sub 70 grand, and Lotus, a small brand with no resources can as well, then I don't see why ford couldn't with all their parts, resources, and know how.

third-gen-ford-gt-concept-feels-more-like-a-virtual-restomod-than-a-follow-up_8.jpg

third-gen-ford-gt-concept-feels-more-like-a-virtual-restomod-than-a-follow-up_13.jpg

third-gen-ford-gt-concept-feels-more-like-a-virtual-restomod-than-a-follow-up-209492_1.jpg
Ford has to if lotus could at a great price point and from what I be reading and seeing it looks like a pretty good car. Chevy was able to do it as well so I’m sure Ford can do it and make it pretty affordable because it seems like mid engine cars are the next wave
Sponsored