• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Missing Remote Start on Key Fob?

JLEEZY123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I had a base model 2021 Ecoboost that included the remote start button on the key fob. Was that feature removed on the base 2024 Ecoboost and is now considered a premium feature instead?
Sponsored

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
S650 Mustang Missing Remote Start on Key Fob? Capture.JPG

OP
OP
JLEEZY123

JLEEZY123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the info! What a bummer. I have the ability to remote rev with the key fob, but I can't remote start from it.

Is it possible to purchase an OEM key fob with that button and have it programmed?

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
You could buy the fob and it might even work except for that button. The ability to remote start is most likely disabled in the car software. Remember that it doesn't work with the manual transmission either. It could be something set in the hardware so the software doesn't allow it or it could be a different software build. Either way, it will take more than a fob.

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
You can remote start your car from the FordPass app on your phone

IMG_2140.png
This. I’ve got an F150 and there is no remote start on the key fob, but I am able to remote start the truck through the ford pass app.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
This. I’ve got an F150 and there is no remote start on the key fob, but I am able to remote start the truck through the ford pass app.
Same with my wife's 2022 Maverick XLT. No remote start on the key fob, but the remote start on FordPass app works.

I need to correct myself. I drove the Maverick XLT today for the first time in a while, and it does indeed have a remote start button on the fob.

Last edited:

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Our 2020 F150 Limited came with the remote start and everything else you can think of.
I was looking at the 201A premium package.
I will look again. I thought It had the remote start.

OP
OP
JLEEZY123

JLEEZY123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our 2020 F150 Limited came with the remote start and everything else you can think of.
I was looking at the 201A premium package.
I will look again. I thought It had the remote start.
Sadly, I don't think it's a feature that you can add or is any part of the equipment group packages. Based on the screenshot from Ford's website, it looks to be standard/included on the Ecoboost Premium and up with the automatic transmission.

It's kind of dumb to have the ability to remote rev from the key fob, but you need to use the FordPass app to start up the car. It's also dumb they made it a "premium" feature...

S650 Mustang Missing Remote Start on Key Fob? Screenshot 2024-01-25 133849

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I agree.
Why would you need to Rev your engine either from your key fob or your big foot?
Reving your engine only makes it wear out faste.
Oh I forgo. I’m the one who is stupid.
Ford made it that way so you would have the ability to do damage to your engine and Ford would say, sorry your warranty will not cover it because you damaged the engine by Reving.

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
I agree.
Why would you need to Rev your engine either from your key fob or your big foot?
Reving your engine only makes it wear out faste.
Oh I forgo. I’m the one who is stupid.
Ford made it that way so you would have the ability to do damage to your engine and Ford would say, sorry your warranty will not cover it because you damaged the engine by Reving.
I agree.
The one thing all Tesla owners miss is the ability to rev their engines...
Sponsored