• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mirrors Auto Dimming?

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hadn’t given it much thought until Saturday night when I was driving home in my wife’s Palisade. The rear view mirror is auto dimming but the side mirrors aren’t. They are quite large mirrors and it just about makes me want to never drive it if there is a chance we will out past dusk. These new LED headlight (Palisade included) makes me see all kinds of things except the road. I took a peek at some window stickers being posted today but didn’t see what I was looking for.

Does anyone know if the side mirrors are auto dimming?
Sponsored

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
Order guide only mentions rear view mirror as auto dimming.

What does a 2023 have?

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I have a 2010 F-150 that has an auto dimming driver mirror and it is priceless! I have a hard time believing that in 2024 this isn't available. I was surprised when I test drove a 22 Silverado that priced out at $63k and had a manual dimming rearview mirror. Maybe that's petty, but for $63k you can put an auto-dimming mirror on the truck, GM, when my 13 year old XLT has it. Just saying...don't let me down FoMoCo!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I have a 2010 F-150 that has an auto dimming driver mirror and it is priceless! I have a hard time believing that in 2024 this isn't available. I was surprised when I test drove a 22 Silverado that priced out at $63k and had a manual dimming rearview mirror. Maybe that's petty, but for $63k you can put an auto-dimming mirror on the truck, GM, when my 13 year old XLT has it. Just saying...don't let me down FoMoCo!
Sounds like OP is looking for exterior (side view) auto-dimming mirrors, which is actually not common even with some luxury cars.

OP
OP
goodlettjr

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Sounds like OP is looking for exterior (side view) auto-dimming mirrors, which is actually not common even with some luxury cars.
That is exactly what I am looking for. I have had them on a 14 fusion, 16 Expedition, and 18 Explorer…….. I assume that they would have them on the mustang, but it is sounding like the answer no. If that is the case, it is disappointing. It has become not only a nice feature, but one I am a bit dependent on. I will be tinting my windows to the legal limit here. Maybe that will help. Also seen some people on other forums adding a blue film on the mirror.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
That is exactly what I am looking for. I have had them on a 14 fusion, 16 Expedition, and 18 Explorer…….. I assume that they would have them on the mustang, but it is sounding like the answer no. If that is the case, it is disappointing. It has become not only a nice feature, but one I am a bit dependent on. I will be tinting my windows to the legal limit here. Maybe that will help. Also seen some people on other forums adding a blue film on the mirror.
No auto dimming side view mirrors on the 2024 S650. Reach out to these folks and ask if they are planning a S650 mirror.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/suma-mirrors-5-off.187456/page-5#post-3789215

Last edited:

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I had this feature on my 1996 Lincoln Towncar. It lasted for about 10 years and then failed to a permanent green tint. It was a great while it lasted.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Hadn’t given it much thought until Saturday night when I was driving home in my wife’s Palisade. The rear view mirror is auto dimming but the side mirrors aren’t. They are quite large mirrors and it just about makes me want to never drive it if there is a chance we will out past dusk. These new LED headlight (Palisade included) makes me see all kinds of things except the road. I took a peek at some window stickers being posted today but didn’t see what I was looking for.

Does anyone know if the side mirrors are auto dimming?
What vehicles have auto-dimming side mirrors?

There is anti-glare film you can apply to your side-view mirrors, so look into that.

I myself just aim the mirrors down at night on the freeway, and turn my head to change lanes. I also flip the rear-view mirror up or down, and turn the dash lights all the way down.

Last edited:

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
I had this feature on my 1996 Lincoln Towncar. It lasted for about 10 years and then failed to a permanent green tint. It was a great while it lasted.
Side mirrors? Or rear-view mirror?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Side mirrors? Or rear-view mirror?
Drivers outside failed around 10 years. The rearview auto dimmed and worked perfect for 22 years up to when the car was T boned by a red light runner.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The question was, " What vehicles have auto-dimming side mirrors? "
The question was if the s650 mirrors were auto dimming.
Sponsored