• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mach-E 1400 is an S650?

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
This is the first I’ve seen this (I know, I’m way late to the party). And now I’m wondering if the Mach-E 1400 is/could be an S650 that lives at the gym. Appearance wise. No speculation on what’s under the body.

It was the fascia that caught my eye, because it sure looks like it could be similar to what’s hiding under camo. What do y’all think?

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...l-electric-mustang-mach-e-1400-prototype.html

{Edits for clarity and to add photo}

S650 Mustang Mach-E 1400 is an S650? D6CEEBF3-E7EE-44F3-B646-8126DD57EF9C
Sponsored

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If it looks close to some of the renders we've seen, that's because those renders use the Mach E or Mach E GT as a base.

Of the members here who have seen S650, neither has said it looks like a Mach E, other than the larger grille.

As for the underpinnings, the Mach E 1400 is a Mach E GT on steroids. Its unlikely S650 will go full electric, we'll see that on S750/8th Gen.

We really need to see the S650 prototype lose some of the camo, then we'll get a better idea of what to expect.

:)

OP
OP
Ruin

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
Whoops, looks like render was the wrong word. I’ll see if I can fix that.

I think I mean “camouflaged prototype” instead?

mom having a hard time finding it but a member here did some outlines in red over the body camo and those lines really matched well with this.

I was thinking that it might be worth revisiting now that we’ve kind of/sort of/not really seen the S650 under camo.

Or maybe I’m just desperate for *any* S650 news? 😆

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I don't think that any Mach-E shares any parts wirh the S650 apart from some front features.
The Mach-E was build from the ground up and didn't share any platform with it's 'predecessors'. It's literally a completely different car apart from the name.

Now, based on what we know from @amk91 and other members, S650 should've been release around 2020 and would've then established the new designlanguage that Ford was going to/ is implementing on several of its cars.
However, plans changed and now it seems that the Mustang will be a little bit late for the designlanguage party... but make no mistake, it will most certainly share several design elements from already or soon to be released cars such as the Evos, Mondeo/Fusion or the Mach-E.

To answer your question:
No, the 1400hp prototype is not the S650 in disguise but rather a test vehicle for what could be the future tech of the all electric Mustang.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I wouldn't be surprised if the lower front fascia is similar.......it not that different from the Mach 1, and that was well received.

If I recall correctly, @Jem indicated the GT/Ecoboost could have different front fascias.

It was used to good effect in this render. I'd be happy if at least the GT lower fascia looked similar to this :)

S650 Mustang Mach-E 1400 is an S650? S650 Render 17

OP
OP
Ruin

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
To answer your question:
No, the 1400hp prototype is not the S650 in disguise but rather a test vehicle for what could be the future tech of the all electric Mustang.
I seem to be having a hard time here haha. I know that the 1400 is not the next S650. What I’m wondering is if those design elements are more in line with what lurks under the camo rather than what we see of the Mondeo and standard Mach-E influenced renders. I remember waiting for the S550 release when the Fusion was used heavily for renders that wildly missed the mark.

I’m really hoping the S650 looks more like this 1400 than any render I’ve seen thus far as this has far more character. Hoping like hell that someone who has seen the S650 design will say “yes, the S650 is more like the 1400 than any render.” 😆

If I recall correctly, @Jem indicated the GT/Ecoboost could have different front fascias.
I just hope the GT fascia has a “wow factor” in appearance that’s akin to the GT500. That is a good looking face. 🍺

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I seem to be having a hard time here haha. I know that the 1400 is not the next S650. What I’m wondering is if those design elements are more in line with what lurks under the camo rather than what we see of the Mondeo and standard Mach-E influenced renders. I remember waiting for the S550 release when the Fusion was used heavily for renders that wildly missed the mark.

I’m really hoping the S650 looks more like this 1400 than any render I’ve seen thus far as this has far more character. Hoping like hell that someone who has seen the S650 design will say “yes, the S650 is more like the 1400 than any render.” 😆

I just hope the GT fascia has a “wow factor” in appearance that’s akin to the GT500. That is a good looking face. 🍺
I think you're right that the Mach E probably indicates a general direction of styling movement in the Mustang and there will be some commonalities. But the 1400 is designed to be pretty wild and I doubt a production vehicle will have the huge fender flares, etc.

I don't think the GT500 face is that great, but I agree with your sentiment. I feel like Ford tends to reserve the best styling for the halo models and I'd like to see them include better styling with basic Mustangs.
Sponsored