• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Limbo?

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
It took 2 weeks from "in production" to built. Mine was completed on the 22 of Feb. Shipped on the 29th of Feb. STILL waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. Over 3 weeks is not good and I'll bet it will have some damage. Looking into a backup plan, C8 maybe, already on the lot for sure.
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
It took 2 weeks from "in production" to built. Mine was completed on the 22 of Feb. Shipped on the 29th of Feb. STILL waiting for it to arrive at the dealer. Over 3 weeks is not good and I'll bet it will have some damage. Looking into a backup plan, C8 maybe, already on the lot for sure.
is it by rail or not? rail always takes longer. Be optimistic, because chances are there wont be damage. you gotta think its being on and offloaded carts at different yards, it'll take a while. But even when it says shipped, does always mean its shipped. Mine eventually said shipped and also took 3 weeks almost to get to me, and i am only 4 hours from Flat rock, no damage.

Shipped often times can mean it has been "shipped" by the plant, then transferred to the shipping yard where it can take weeks for it to be picked and actually sent. I work at a Honda automotive plant as a team lead, have worked here for 5 years. Our "shipped" is when the car goes through VQ (vehicle Quality) or Final Inspect, if it makes all the checked boxes, we window sticker it and hand it off to the 3rd party company whereas i said, it can sit in a huge lot waiting for its turn to go. (Shipped) is a very broad term. Chances are by now it is in transit to you, but i almost guarantee the first week and a half or better, it was sitting in a large parking lot.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Shipping any of these vehicles, especially by rail, can take time.

Vehicles are moved in full or close to full carriages and trailers. At each waypoint, shipments are broken up and sent their separate ways. They won't move from that rail yard or depot until the boxcars and trailers are full yet again.

Towards states like CO, MT, WY, UT, it might not be much of an issue. But up and down the East Coast with so many more dealers and yards, (see also manufacturing hubs for yet more vehicles), it could be like rubbernecking at stoplights.

And pad a bit for the occasional error and Artificial Intelligence :crazy: assist. Tracking simple packages, I'm often left laughing at the route they take. Or wondering why something makes it halfway across the country in 18 hours, then spends 13 days sitting at a depot.

Positive vibes everyone. :fingerscrossed: Positive vibes. :sun:

Last edited:

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I checked Ford Chat yesterday. Nothing new. "In Production" No date.
Same situation here. My blend date is today so I figure there might be an update coming.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
My window sticker indicates 2/22/24, but the blend date on the same sticker was 3/4/24. The pizza tracker had 3/7/24 as the 'Built' date, and it was delivered to the dealership 5 days later (about an hour from FRAP).

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Ok. What does “Blend Date” mean and how accurate is it?
I already explained that to you in another post, including a link to my post from 2015 on another forum with a long explanation. Blend date still means the same thing it did ~9 years ago.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Same situation here. My blend date is today so I figure there might be an update coming.
No change in Blend Date on my end. Still no Production date.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No change in Blend Date on my end. Still no Production date.
I haven't had a production date either. It just changed to in production and nothing else.

No big deal, it will happen when it happens. I'd suggest just putting it out of your mind for the time being. That's what I'm doing.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't had a production date either. It just changed to in production and nothing else.

No big deal, it will happen when it happens. I'd suggest just putting it out of your mind for the time being. That's what I'm doing.
I wish it was that easy.
I'm still waiting to hear from the dealership if I can lock in the 1.9% interest rate as I'm sure my car will be delivered after 4/2/24. I emailed them last Friday.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes seeing the same thing with the date changing on the bottom of the window sticker. Mine says 3/19/24 at the bottom today.
I think that date is changed each time the link is referenced. It means nothing of importance.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As your Blend Date was yesterday, is there any change on the tracker?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As your Blend Date was yesterday, is there any change on the tracker?
Just checked and YES there was a change! The "In Production" added a date 3-20-24

S650 Mustang Limbo? Ford

Reactions: DCS
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just checked and YES there was a change! The "In Production" added a date 3-20-24

Ford.png
OK. Progress! I imagine yours is being built today.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK. Progress! I imagine yours is being built today.
Yep, good news. I put my order in on November 10th by the way.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, good news. I put my order in on November 10th by the way.
Then I don't feel so bad about mine at 12/6. Still, I have seen at least 10 "similar build" GTs built within the 60 - 90 day timeframe.
Sponsored