• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Limbo?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
... but going to wait a few years for the FL real estate bubble to crash or at least correct.
I highly doubt that will be happening anytime soon, @samson. Beyond that, it's not so much the cost of homes (OK, that's nuts), but the insurance costs are sky high ... and that's IF you can find a carrier to insure you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Two step process, but eventually down your way in FL. Looking for something in the St. Pete area but going to wait a few years for the FL real estate bubble to crash or at least correct.

For now moving to our beach condo in Maryland
Still warm part of the country. Why skip the Mustang? No place to park?
Florida is no panacea. I move here three years ago. Real estate taxes and Insurance are killers. Granted no income tax, but then I'm retired, so no effect on me.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I highly doubt that will be happening anytime soon, @samson. Beyond that, it's not so much the cost of homes (OK, that's nuts), but the insurance costs are sky high ... and that's IF you can find a carrier to insure you!
Yeah I've heard that as well. The insurance situation down there is rapidly becoming a crisis. Another reason for my delay. The good news is the insurance problem SHOULD lead to a significant correction in the housing prices. And I hope they get the insurance crisis figured out in the meantime. Tons of inventory piling up down there. Prices already starting to drop. I expect a significant correction. Maybe not a crash, but prices are way above sustainability right now.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I've heard that as well. The insurance situation down there is rapidly becoming a crisis. Another reason for my delay. The good news is the insurance problem SHOULD lead to a significant correction in the housing prices. And I hope they get the insurance crisis figured out in the meantime. Tons of inventory piling up down there. Prices already starting to drop. I expect a significant correction. Maybe not a crash, but prices are way above sustainability right now.
If you think housing prices are bad now. You should see CA & AZ. I moved here from AZ and did quite well when selling. However, prices in AZ are being driven up by people leaving CA.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still warm part of the country. Why skip the Mustang? No place to park?
Florida is no panacea. I move here three years ago. Real estate taxes and Insurance are killers. Granted no income tax, but then I'm retired, so no effect on me.
Yeah there's no good reason why I can't get the Mustang, but a lot going on with the sale and move. Hard to justify it right now with the money and labor I'm putting into the house. Like I said, if the house sells, we get moved, things settle down I may still get it. But the timing could not be worse right now. I think a good shot it sits at the dealer for a while. Might still wind up getting it later (or be arm twisted into getting it now LOL).

My dad lived in FL for 30 years. I lived there a short time. I love that area and it's the only place I want to move to. I'm not retired but am now able to work from home (hence why I'm able to move to our beach condo). I'm not in a big hurry. I'll keep an eye on the housing market and insurance situation for a couple years and respond accordingly.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My parents retired down there in 2000. Been going down once or twice a year since then. They have built a few homes while down there. Their current home, built about 8-9 years ago, has more than DOUBLED in price with no end in sight. MY wife wants to retire down there, but where they live, we're not seeing inventory piling up or prices coming down. Just the opposite, in fact. I hope things work out for you and the family.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah there's no good reason why I can't get the Mustang, but a lot going on with the sale and move. Hard to justify it right now with the money and labor I'm putting into the house. Like I said, if the house sells, we get moved, things settle down I may still get it. But the timing could not be worse right now. I think a good shot it sits at the dealer for a while. Might still wind up getting it later (or be arm twisted into getting it now LOL).

My dad lived in FL for 30 years. I lived there a short time. I love that area and it's the only place I want to move to. I'm not retired but am now able to work from home (hence why I'm able to move to our beach condo). I'm not in a big hurry. I'll keep an eye on the housing market and insurance situation for a couple years and respond accordingly.
I'm originally from NH, but I moved a lot with my work. NH, FL, NH, TX, FL, AZ, FL (Next move will be in a pine box!)

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm originally from NH, but I moved a lot with my work. NH, FL, NH, TX, FL, AZ, FL (Next move will be in a pine box!)
LOL well I hope that last move is far in the future buddy. Can't wait to see you driving that new Mustang.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you think housing prices are bad now. You should see CA & AZ. I moved here from AZ and did quite well when selling. However, prices in AZ are being driven up by people leaving CA.
My daughter, SIL, and my granddaughter live in AZ. They were in Maricopa (city), but moved across the state to Eagar to get away from the craziness.

Suffice it to say, there is a lot of realignment happening across this country, and there's an influx of people moving to places where American values are still important. In those states, prices will continue to soar.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My daughter, SIL, and my granddaughter live in AZ. They were in Maricopa (city), but moved across the state to Eagar to get away from the craziness.

Suffice it to say, there is a lot of realignment happening across this country, and there's an influx of people moving to places where American values are still important. In those states, prices will continue to soar.
I lived in Prescott. Really hated to leave.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My parents retired down there in 2000. Been going down once or twice a year since then. They have built a few homes while down there. Their current home, built about 8-9 years ago, has more than DOUBLED in price with no end in sight. MY wife wants to retire down there, but where they live, we're not seeing inventory piling up or prices coming down. Just the opposite, in fact. I hope things work out for you and the family.
It's definitely varied depending on what area of the state. The Ft Meyers area for example inventory is roughly double what it was a year ago. Tampa only like 20-30% higher. But eventually more inventory = lower prices. The price correction is just barely starting now. Give it six months and I think it will become more apparent. I probably won't buy down there for 3-5 years so lots of time to monitor the housing market.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're doing it right: Focus on the house and family. Far more important than a car. There's no need to gum up a mortgage due to a want and not a need. You can always buy a Mustang later ... ;)

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's definitely varied depending on what area of the state. The Ft Meyers area for example inventory is roughly double what it was a year ago. Tampa only like 20-30% higher. But eventually more inventory = lower prices. The price correction is just barely starting now. Give it six months and I think it will become more apparent. I probably won't buy down there for 3-5 years so lots of time to monitor the housing market.
We chose Ocala. I had my fill of hurricanes when I lived in Pensacola.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We chose Ocala. I had my fill of hurricanes when I lived in Pensacola.
Very familiar with Ocala. My dad had a place in Inverness. Ocala is really nice area and yes, less hurricane hazard.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're doing it right: Focus on the house and family. Far more important than a car. There's no need to gum up a mortgage due to a want and not a need. You can always buy a Mustang later ... ;)
Thanks and agree. Like I said, just bad timing. I also need my current vehicle (SUV) to help get stuff moved. If they delayed this vehicle another month it might have worked out perfectly.
Sponsored