• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is this normal from ford?

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
not sure why people are sticking up for ford? 60k for a blem! panel gaps, paint imperfections and they are bad! cant repair with clear/paint and wet sanding anymore! missing push clips and uninstalled parts........why would you stick up for them? i bought a 2024 pp magnaride and its the same issues ive had on my 2018 gt350 2021 gt pp ,2022 mach 1 hp and i still buy them! its a blast to drive sounds amazing and a track monster! that out weighs the imperfections for me!
Under the new union contract with a UAW the employees get a two martini lunch.
Just be thankful they don’t get a martini & a beer for break.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Thank you, I love blessings! Hit me up when you can cite a case of Ford not covering this issue under warranty, I’ll wait….
I've have had Ford deny warranty claims. Countless people have. Every. Single. Day.

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
I've have had Ford deny warranty claims. Countless people have. Every. Single. Day.
Please cite an instance of Ford denying a claim for a factory defect regarding panel alignment on a new car…you know, what this thread is all about….

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 gt pp 2018 gt350 2003 cobra
You probably never got close to a new 911…I would say for the prices Ford asks for their Mustangs today , same as Corvette with orange peel or misaligned gaps they better get their act together because even a Kia has not that piss poor build “quality”…I would be very disappointed if not pissed to see stuff like this or very embarrassed letting this come off the assembly line…Back in the days when Fox bodies could be had for 18 grand you could say cheap plastic and lousy build quality is ok because where can you get this kind of fun for less than 20 grand…But now for $75K , $90K canadian or $120K australian this stuff is inexcusable !
ide be embarrassed!

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
great point….there are not minutes…. There are roughly 54 seconds… that’s all..
To go and extra layer a minute of downtime is $10,000 lost… the company can’t afford that, so if it’s too much of a problem, it’s cheaper to warranty the repair individually through a dealer.

a quick google search determined that’s a lie
IMG_1772.png
your just being a biden lover

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because the world is an imperfect place. Screws fall out. If you continue to buy vehicles that have all these problems, the onus is on you.

I've bought or leased 15 new Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles in the past ~18 years alone, and I have not experienced thing things you claim above. I have yet to find anything wrong with my 2024 Dark Horse. Guess I must be lucky, time after time after time.
funny ive owned 6 new mustangs and ALL have had defects 2 were shelbys and you should read my post, i continue to buy them NOT because of blems but the fun factor!~~

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
The panel gaps are normal. As long as there's not rubbing occurring it should just be an adjustment. The spoiler is not. That's a huge miss by QC and quite unacceptable. That said, the dealer should be able to take care of that.

At the end of the day, the customer needs to inspect the car or take their own inspector to check it out before signing the papers. Should that be necessary? No. But that's where we are these days.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
As long as there's not rubbing occurring it should just be an adjustment.
rubbin’s racing. Just be glad we got dealers we can take ‘em to. Ikea delivered via amazon wouldn't be nearly as fun.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

rgcbshrty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does the whining noise sound similar to a bad alternator or power steering pump? That’s the noise I’m hearing from mine and that’s separate from the whining noise in the transmission.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Does the whining noise sound similar to a bad alternator or power steering pump? That’s the noise I’m hearing from mine and that’s separate from the whining noise in the transmission.
Unrelated but my 03 GT has been doing this since I purchased it and it now has 200k + miles on original engine and tranny.... I've been told it's the tranny pump. A Ford thing.

rgcbshrty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes I have the transmission whine and my 18 had it too. I hear that noise with the window(s) down. Sounds like Centrifugal blower. lol

The other sound I have is livable. Just wondering if other 2024s have a similar unrelated to the transmission, noise. I suppose another sound to relate it to would be a bad amplifier install with a bad ground….you can hear whining through the speakers. Although I’d say it’s more of a bad power steering pump like sound. Oh well. It’s minor and not worth taking it in, for me. It’s not seriously loud enough to bother with.
Sponsored