• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is this normal from ford?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Unbelievable expectations from the public… if you want bespoke precision tolerances you’ll be paying significantly higher prices.

it’s a mustang not a Richard Mille. Perhaps Bugatti or Pagani have tighter gap tolerances for your next vehicle.

911s have these issues at quadruple the price.
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Unbelievable expectations from the public… if you want bespoke precision tolerances you’ll be paying significantly higher prices.

it’s a mustang not a Richard Mille. Perhaps Bugatti or Pagani have tighter gap tolerances for your next vehicle.

911s have these issues at quadruple the price.
Yea, last time I checked, Jesus Christ didn't work at the assembly plants.

One can only imagine that every single whiner NEVER makes one single mistake at his/her job, huh?

ShelbyMilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DH
Erocker....is it really that easy? Nervous about tweaking it and looking worse. haha

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 gt pp 2018 gt350 2003 cobra
Just got the car a few days ago and noticed all these gaps. Is this common from Ford? Also the wheel alignment isn't straight the engine makes a whining noise like my hellcat did. What is going on with Ford and who should I contact? Thanks for any feedback.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg
wow, never seen spoiler like that before!

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not sure why people are sticking up for ford? 60k for a blem! panel gaps, paint imperfections and they are bad! cant repair with clear/paint and wet sanding anymore! missing push clips and uninstalled parts........why would you stick up for them? i bought a 2024 pp magnaride and its the same issues ive had on my 2018 gt350 2021 gt pp ,2022 mach 1 hp and i still buy them! its a blast to drive sounds amazing and a track monster! that out weighs the imperfections for me!

ShelbyMilk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 DH
Nothing is perfect.

To be fair, taking care of the gaps or the wing from the OP should have been taken care of at delivery. That goes for mine as well (wasnt to concerned about it....saw a couple videos on the front lights of GT's being off a bit and the panel issues).

Maybe the expectation is higher since these cars are getting more expensive. Fair or not...40k mustang vs 70k?

Does you expectation change for a $5 steak vs $50 steak....prob :)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Who put on that spoiler? Stevie Wonder?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Because some of us understand the industry.

It’s too much to explain but either you understand the process or don’t.
And , yes… you have a few spots that are out of spec or were close enough that an inspector signed off on it.

again… this is common on car’s quadruple the cost… so take that out.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
not sure why people are sticking up for ford? 60k for a blem! panel gaps, paint imperfections and they are bad! cant repair with clear/paint and wet sanding anymore! missing push clips and uninstalled parts........why would you stick up for them? i bought a 2024 pp magnaride and its the same issues ive had on my 2018 gt350 2021 gt pp ,2022 mach 1 hp and i still buy them! its a blast to drive sounds amazing and a track monster! that out weighs the imperfections for me!
Because the world is an imperfect place. Screws fall out. If you continue to buy vehicles that have all these problems, the onus is on you.

I've bought or leased 15 new Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles in the past ~18 years alone, and I have not experienced thing things you claim above. I have yet to find anything wrong with my 2024 Dark Horse. Guess I must be lucky, time after time after time.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
I still believe some people here are paid by or work for Ford to back them up whenever they can.

They always use the argument "it's not a Ferrari or a Porsche".

They forgot about the fact that many cheap Korean and Japanese brands have good panels alignment.

They act like it's just a mistake and it can happen, but if you walk at a random dealership, almost all cars have the same issues.

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Especially strange considering the fact that some major misalignments can be corrected in a couple of minutes, some even without any tools. Not to mention that you also don't even have to use any measurement device to spot these assembly faults.

Dealers should just fix it and send a complaint to Ford.
Cannot imagine there's not a somewhat simple way to report such issues found upon receiving cars.

People not complaining and just accepting the notion "It's not a Bentley" actually support that lack of attention to quality work and quality control I think.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Especially strange considering the fact that some major misalignments can be corrected in a couple of minutes, some even without any tools. Not to mention that you also don't even have to use any measurement device to spot these assembly faults.

Dealers should just fix it and send a complaint to Ford.
Cannot imagine there's not a somewhat simple way to report such issues found upon receiving cars.

People not complaining and just accepting the notion "It's not a Bentley" actually support that lack of attention to quality work and quality control I think.
It's because people get offended when pointing issues at a car they really love. They see it as an attack instead of giving honest feedback to improve.

That's why you have two types of people.

Type 1: Doesn't improve himself because he does not accept any feedback. Feedback will be backfired at you and they are ready to start a war.

Type 2: People who are open minded and really want to learn something new and look at their mistakes to improve.

It's easy to be type 1 and stay type 1. That's why we have a lot of type 1 people over here.

fraziersc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium - Rapid Red Metallic
I also have some slight gap issues with my hood, so it would appear that is fairly common.

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still believe some people here are paid by or work for Ford to back them up whenever they can.

They always use the argument "it's not a Ferrari or a Porsche".

They forgot about the fact that many cheap Korean and Japanese brands have good panels alignment.

They act like it's just a mistake and it can happen, but if you walk at a random dealership, almost all cars have the same issues.
If ford hasn’t gotten panels, paint and top quality better by now they never will! its a shame when my Toyota and my wifes Nissan have better fit and finish no paint issues and cost less!
just curious, anybody have a newer ford truck, suv or sedan with similar issues??
Sponsored