• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Insane 0-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Ps in the s550 we all figured out the times were not very accurate... get a dragy unit if you really want to know ...

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
My physics are a bit rusty because I haven't used them in about 50 years but back of the envelop numbers indicate an acceleration of 22.2 feet/second squared. This works out to around 2/3 of a G acceleration. I don't know how long the shift took so the acceleration should be higher. There are two issues, are the tires sticky enough on the road surfaces and is there the horse power. To disprove this Claim you must proves one the two conditions doesn't hold. You are welcome to correct my calculations because you might have more recent physics experience.
In any case, that would have been one wild ride, short but wild..

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I can’t wait to see where this goes :ontheloo:

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
He shows the time record on the Mustang screen/recorder, so it must mean he acheived the acceleration somehow. Ford's gonna reach out to him to give him a world record lol.

I can think of only one way he could have achieved that: He could have been on a massive slope helping him reach 0-60 much much faster.

There is no other way a bone stock manual Mustang GT is even touching the 3 sec mark, let alone 2.7 mark.

He also had is top down, AC on and was on stock tires. No way that is true even in my wildest imagination if we factor all those in xD

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Maybe he just slapped some bias plys on the back and let her eat…

OP??

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no other way a bone stock manual Mustang GT is even touching the 3 sec mark, let alone 2.7 mark.

He also had is top down, AC on and was on stock tires. No way that is true even in my wildest imagination if we factor all those in xD
Wind resistance wouldn't be much of a factor at 60 miles an hour and much less at lower speeds.

As for the AC, starting in 1982 Ford rigged the compressor so it would disconnect under hard acceleration. It was a big deal back then because the engine didn't have that much power and everything counted.

As for stock tires, they have been getting much better over the years. I ran Goodyear gaderback 145/45Zr17 and it was incredible how sticky they were compared to older tires. The trick here is when he came off the clutch, he didn't break the tires loose. Once the tires slip your times end up in the trash. That is one of the reason Autos often turn in good time is because the clutch doesn't grab. The problem with an auto is you don't mash on the gas. Instead you need to put your left foot on the brake and right on the gas. Next bring the engine up and then release the brake. It can be hard on the transmission so Ford placed limits on power under these conditions.

He knew what he was doing and did it exactly right. I suspect that when others get through the break in period we will see others duplicating the feat.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty SOLD
Wind resistance wouldn't be much of a factor at 60 miles an hour and much less at lower speeds.

As for the AC, starting in 1982 Ford rigged the compressor so it would disconnect under hard acceleration. It was a big deal back then because the engine didn't have that much power and everything counted.

As for stock tires, they have been getting much better over the years. I ran Goodyear gaderback 145/45Zr17 and it was incredible how sticky they were compared to older tires. The trick here is when he came off the clutch, he didn't break the tires loose. Once the tires slip your times end up in the trash. That is one of the reason Autos often turn in good time is because the clutch doesn't grab. The problem with an auto is you don't mash on the gas. Instead you need to put your left foot on the brake and right on the gas. Next bring the engine up and then release the brake. It can be hard on the transmission so Ford placed limits on power under these conditions.

He knew what he was doing and did it exactly right. I suspect that when others get through the break in period we will see others duplicating the feat.
Dude no, just no. Ford has never made a stock mustang that will do a 2 second 0-60 if you think this is legit you know almost nothing about cars.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
S650 Mustang Insane 0-60 1694883489138

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude no, just no. Ford has never made a stock mustang that will do a 2 second 0-60 if you think this is legit you know almost nothing about cars.
It wasn't 2 second. it was 2.7 which is almost 3 seconds. The time is also a little off because it's not based off a start light but instead when the car starts to roll.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.