• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Insane 0-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT, 2016 Ecoboost, 2021 GT
The problem isn't with the post, the problem is with how OP takes offense when someone says it's impossible for the car to legitimately hit that time
Exactly. I never would have registered if homeboy hadn't been serious, and hadn't snapped at people questioning him.

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT, 2016 Ecoboost, 2021 GT
He has actually been on here a long time, you can even see what he looks like in that post. He going by what the car is telling him

I will ask my brother sometime what his time was 0-60 in his Lamborghini
The car is wrong. That's what we're trying to get across.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Exactly. I never would have registered if homeboy hadn't been serious, and hadn't snapped at people questioning him.
Dude, he didn't snap at anyone. He didn't agree initially either, but people jumped on him with personal comments pretty quickly. We all agree the car was wrong. That's actually the more interesting topic in my mind.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
No. It's foolish, and it drags this forum down as a whole to have such foolish posts.
I wouldn’t call it foolish, because with me being a female, If I had mine turned on like that, and I got the same reading, I would probably post the same thing, and then, when I found out it couldn’t be true then I would’ve blamed ford for it, And then I would say again, and they really need a 47% raise, but then I get people yelling at me for speaking the truth, so….

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK so here is the RIGHT way to make a thread like this.....

According to his car....he ran a 9 SECOND QUARTER MILE 100% BONE STOCK

(70) How Accurate are the Track App Times | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Hybrid, GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1)

He admits this cant be right- and doesnt seem accurate - and is questioning things looking for help.....not trying to brag

So no..... the car doesnt go 0-60 in 2.7 and run a 9 second quarter mile......

I was trying to read up on how Ford calculates the acceleration times when this first guy posted- and the speedometer is based on wheel speed...not ground speed

So you could do a HUGE burn out and get your wheels up to 60 MPH before your car was up to 60MPH

I also read it uses the accelerometer and does a calculation between that and time to try and calculate

All I know is there was a guy on the S550 forum who got a 3.0 0-60 on a stock 2015 automatic (6 speed) on stock tires and immediately thought it was BS

So here are 2 other examples where Ford computer was simply wrong.....

Waiting for someone to post that maybe once broken in we will see more people running 9 second quarter miles lol
Right, FORD COMPUTER WAS WRONG! So they need to fix it! When you pay that kind of money for a vehicle it better be working, right!

Last edited:

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd prefer to assume better of the OP. It looks like a genuine claim that we agree is impossible. Why not entertain the idea to figure out what went wrong? His only two replies indicate he wasn't joking or trying to mislead anyone. How does he or anyone else who uses the track app report the problem if everyone jumps on him and shuts the discussion down?

Agreed. Toxicity and overt negativity here just isn't right. Even @Dena was at least trying to help make it a productive discussion. I haven't tried the track app yet, but might be interesting to see if Ford has a bigger problem with the computer.

If it's shown the OP was trolling or joking to get a reaction, then roll the complaints and calls for removing the thread or worse a ban. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh, I’m sure with it being a new model there’s gonna be a bunch of stuff wrong with them, maybe they should wait until next year to have their strike. Let them get all the problems straightened out first.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm relunctant to give the OP the benefit of the doubt for a number of reasons.

They have a track record on this forum of being smug/combative/pedantic. Even in this thread, in posts replying to comments questioning the legitimacy of his OP, he was very flippant/sarcastic (and maybe that's just his personality type, but it's still not a good look from a credibility standpoint).

But also, they've been MIA for almost 2 days instead of providing more evidence besides "Trust Me Bro!!!"

That said, as my recent thread about the screens prove, I can admit when I'm wrong if the OP proves what they say to be real.
Well, I would be pissed too if I spent that much on a car and the computer wasn’t working right! Like I said before, they really need a big raise and four-day work week Huh?

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Yes ... I think the real story between the one 2.7 0 to 60 and another car getting a 9 second quarter mile... how are we supposed to trust it...

If I go post a picture of the accelerometer on my car it shows a max os something like 1.6g on a right turn... im 10000% positive that's not right either and other s550 guys haven't gotten weird acceleration times and cornering Gs on their car as well

So this is not a s650 thing only.....

There has to be a glitch in the programming that was carried over ...

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Well, I would be pissed too if I spent that much on a car and the computer wasn’t working right! Like I said before, they really need a big raise and four-day work week Huh?
Don't forget the trophies for doing a good job too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.