• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I took my GT convertible to a certified cat scale today. Here are the results. ( GT Convertible Certified Weight )

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
My car doesn't have the track pack but it does have the Brembo brake package and the active valve exhaust systems. It is 401A fully loaded on the inside. It is a manual transmission. It doesn't have a spare tire because a spare tire wouldn't clear the Brembo brakes so Ford included an inflator kit instead. I'm running factory option upgraded rubber floor mats instead of carpet. I imagine the carpet mats are a little lighter. I completely emptied the car. The only add ons installed are a dash cam and a Uniden R8 radar detector. With a 1/4 tank of gas it came in at 3920 pounds :) I was just happy it came in under 4,000 pounds being a convertible. Below is my cat scale slip and weights of other versions of the car per Motor Trend. I was surprised I came in slightly under a track pack coupe although I'm not sure how full the gas tank was for Motor Trend testing. I was also surprised that the manual equipped car is about 100 pounds lighter than an automatic if you look at Motor Trends Dark Horse comparison. I have about 50 pounds of weight reduction parts sitting in my dining room I'm installing this weekend. Happy Weekend everyone!!

1713577345490-qm.png

1713577387221-d8.png

1713578544452-2b.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Fords Tech. Specs list the vert AT at 3932.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Mr Three:
Just one question. Why would you go and weigh your car? Just curious 🤔 Next time post a couple pictures. Here's a picture of mine.

20240406_120725.jpg

20240406_120100.jpg

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Mr Three:
Just one question. Why would you go and weigh your car? Just curious 🤔 Next time post a couple pictures. Here's a picture of mine.

20240406_120725.jpg

20240406_120100.jpg
Nice! Love the paint on those and I'm jealous of the air intake setup over the GT. I was just curious to get an accurate baseline weight before I started modding the car. My first set of mods are all weight reduction mods for the most part so I just wanted to get a starting point that I could then compare to other cars on the road as my weight goes down. It only cost like 13 dollars and the cat scale is close to my house. I'm going to tear into her tonight. Trying to install an anti-gravity battery , lightweight bumper bar, drain the washer fluid, remove rear floor mats and possibly the rear seat and seat belts as I never use them, remove the carbon traps possibly and throw on some steeda pro-flow filters. She is just chilling in the garage for now.

1713647375021-u8.png

1713647579237-1b.png

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Mr Three,
Nice color, my 2000 is Atlantic Blue something like that. Bought it new ordered it as well. So not sure of color name. But very close to yours. I almost got my DH the color of yours, but complained to Ford after waiting 9 months and they located a Blue Ember exactly like I ordered , the next day I drove 225 miles and bought it on the spot. Love it, everybody was outside (11pm when I got home with it) wife, my daughter, my 2 sons, and 3 grandchildren, and their mothers. Was not expecting that. Crazy. But as you see I really enjoy the car. Mods are coming, wheels & tires, tint,headers, and Supercharger. SC here, just waiting on headers, & wheels. Sorry for running on. Best of luck with your's hope all works out well. Cat Scales I use weekly. I drive for a living.

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
Nice! Love the paint on those and I'm jealous of the air intake setup over the GT. I was just curious to get an accurate baseline weight before I started modding the car. My first set of mods are all weight reduction mods for the most part so I just wanted to get a starting point that I could then compare to other cars on the road as my weight goes down. It only cost like 13 dollars and the cat scale is close to my house. I'm going to tear into her tonight. Trying to install an anti-gravity battery , lightweight bumper bar, drain the washer fluid, remove rear floor mats and possibly the rear seat and seat belts as I never use them, remove the carbon traps possibly and throw on some steeda pro-flow filters. She is just chilling in the garage for now.

1713647375021-u8.png

1713647579237-1b.png
Near twins, but auto, 401A, AVE.

IMG_6383.jpeg
Sponsored