• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HP Darkhorse Wheels installed on Base Darkhorse

OP
OP

MyDarkhorse79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Darkhorse
If it helps...on the GT350 and GT350R - they each have different front hubs I believe and he length of the studs is different - (I believe the main difference is the length of the studs)

Basically you cant just bolt the GT350R wheels onto a base GT350 without changing some things-

I wouldnt be surprised if there was the same issue here- which is why the wheels are not fitting correctly

Hopefully this helps get you pointed in the right direction
I just don't want the front wheels to pop off! I turned each lug 13 times for front wheels, I'm gna take to my local shop so they can tell me if they are safe or if I need longer studs
Sponsored

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
S650 Mustang HP Darkhorse Wheels installed on Base Darkhorse 1708453743788

It is the correct size for the front!! So what could be wrong???

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
turned each lug 13 times for front wheels,
that's fine. Absolute minimum engagement is 6 turns - not that I would ever go that low for WHEEL nuts - other far less critical fasteners, sure. The non-nailbiting lower bound for wheel nuts is 9 turns. Optimal is 12-14.

305/30 is also correct.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
that's fine. Absolute minimum engagement is 6 turns - not that I would ever go that low for WHEEL nuts - other far less critical fasteners, sure. The non-nailbiting lower bound for wheel nuts is 9 turns. Optimal is 12-14.

305/30 is also correct.
So I should take out one bolt and. Tape a spot on one side of the bolt and count the number of turns that bolt should make of each full turn? Right?

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
that looks like a lot of extra poke. what's the ET on those wheels?
S650 Mustang HP Darkhorse Wheels installed on Base Darkhorse 1708464700881

Same as the advertised tires shows poked out at the front wheels and seems to be normal!

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
So I should take out one bolt and. Tape a spot on one side of the bolt and count the number of turns that bolt should make of each full turn? Right?
ok, you do realize American cars use wheel NUTS, right? but sure, slap some masking tape on the end, draw a line with sharpie and count how many turns from when it engages, till seated.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
ok, you do realize American cars use wheel NUTS, right? but sure, slap some masking tape on the end, draw a line with sharpie and count how many turns from when it engages, till seated.
Gotcha, will do that when I am ready for Spring works!!

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
S650 Mustang HP Darkhorse Wheels installed on Base Darkhorse 20240203_173601
Picture of my Dark Horse Premium non HP. Left front,it does stick out some as does the rear. The tire shop I've been using since 1999 doesn't recommend any type of spacers. He says get wheels that are made to fit. He claims to much chance for a problem to happen with spacers.
As for the amount of turns to tighten lugs, I've always used a torque wrench. Mine is a Snap On. I've never had any problems with loosening lugs. Torque to spec( my wheels 110 lbs) then in a 100 miles check and retorque if needed.
Hope this helps. BTW great looking car.

raceheart77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Thanks for showing this.
This shows that the Base Dark Horse sits higher than the Handling Pack trim. Maybe .5 inches or more.
Not too many know that the DH HP is lower than DH Base.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
@MyDarkhorse79 You're stressing yourself out here. You haven't done anything wrong, your car isn't going to explode, and yes you should be seeing poke.

The S650 GT and DH share the same body other than the front bumper. Front wheels that are 10.5" wide with tires that are 305s are going to poke. That's why the Handling Pack comes with the front wheel well liner/protecter. Your studs are fine. Any 10.5" wheel is going to poke on a Mustang without wider fenders.
Stop stressing

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Horn -toad
I should've made the torque speck comment a bit clearer. The 110 lbs of torque is not on my Dark Horse. I've done nothing to my DH yet.
I was referring to my other cars with after market wheels. My 2000,&2008
Mustang GT 's as well as my Explorer 2001, and my 1999 show truck. I guess and sorry my statement may have been a bit misleading about tightening the wheels. Sorry if any confusion I may have caused.
Sponsored