• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to determine software version?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
How do I determine what software version I’m on?
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Version doesn't necessarily tell the entire story. Sometimes, an update doesn't advance the version number.

Best way is to reach out to @rugedraw and he can look up what's waiting for you, if anything.

There's a thread he started here -- use this one. Post your VIN and he'll update the thread.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
If what you want to know is what version of Sync you're on, you can see that in the "about sync" section in your touchscreen settings menu. If you want to see what updates you've gotten or have pending, I would need the VIN to check that.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Version doesn't necessarily tell the entire story. Sometimes, an update doesn't advance the version number.

Best way is to reach out to @rugedraw and he can look up what's waiting for you, if anything.

There's a thread he started here -- use this one. Post your VIN and he'll update the thread.
I can't even find the version number! I know I got the previous update because I got the gauges.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If what you want to know is what version of Sync you're on, you can see that in the "about sync" section in your touchscreen settings menu. If you want to see what updates you've gotten or have pending, I would need the VIN to check that.
Not Sync. That's different.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perhaps I'm not understanding what you're asking. Are you looking for software version of a particular module? In the link referenced above by @roadpilot, I included all the file names that changed with each OTA. If you want to know which strategy the module that was updated changed to, it would be on the Excel sheet in the column to the right in the F188 location.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I'm confused. By Sync version, we mean something like:

Version: 22306_PRODUCT
Revision: 1076

You'll find that under About Sync, which I thought was under General settings or something like that (not the Software Update area).

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I'm confused. By Sync version, we mean something like:

Version: 22306_PRODUCT
Revision: 1076

You'll find that under About Sync, which I thought was under General settings or something like that (not the Software Update area).
I'm not interested in the Sync version.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not interested in the Sync version.
So you're asking for a version number of SOMETHING --- what?

>> How do I determine what software version I’m on?

Software version of WHAT?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The car "OS" if you will. I think the vintage gauge update was something like 6.3.2.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...d-classic-gauge-digital-cluster-theme.160958/

There has been a newer one since.
Sync is the car's OS so to speak. The Sync version can change when you receive an update targeted at your APIM. Not every APIM update will give you a higher Sync version, but only APIM updates can change your Sync version. 6.3.2 was a Sync version, but the other four updates that have been released for these cars have been for other modules (GWM, TCU and ABS).

I am not sure if 6.3.2 changed the Sync version or not. I am just starting to scratch the surface on these cars and still learning.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sync is the car's OS so to speak. The Sync version can change when you receive an update targeted at your APIM. Not every APIM update will give you a higher Sync version, but only APIM updates can change your Sync version. 6.3.2 was a Sync version, but the other four updates that have been released for these cars have been for other modules (GWM, TCU and ABS).

I am not sure if 6.3.2 changed the Sync version or not. I am just starting to scratch the surface on these cars and still learning.
This along with all the data that Ford is collecting and potentially selling, does not instil a lot of confidence in their security and privacy policies.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a Power-Up Update version, which is a collection of updates to various modules, not just a single "version update" that gives you something. There might be updates for 9 different, unassociated modules in a Power-Up update.

As I already mentioned, not every update will increase THAT number, either. You could get an update that applies to various modules, but your version stays at 6.3.2.

You're not going to SEE that version number on the touch screen.

See the spreadsheet that @rugedraw attached to in the first post in this thread.
Sponsored