• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How much do you spend per month on gas?

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Drive 2006 Mustang GT daily. About 10 mile round trip to work 5 days a week then about 50 miles each weekend. I use 93 premium due to the tune. I get about 17-20mpg, (Depending on my mood!), between 230-250 miles per tank full. Fillups every 3-4 weeks paying about $40-50 each fillup at Sam"s Club. Best price and get cash back on their credit card, BONUS!
Sponsored

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
Drive 2006 Mustang GT daily. About 10 mile round trip to work 5 days a week then about 50 miles each weekend. I use 93 premium due to the tune. I get about 17-20mpg, (Depending on my mood!), between 230-250 miles per tank full. Fillups every 3-4 weeks paying about $40-50 each fillup at Sam"s Club. Best price and get cash back on their credit card, BONUS!
I wish my round trip to work was 10 miles. I have to fill up every week. I love the "depending on your mood" comment. I've parked mine this week and have been driving my husband's car which gets about 42 mpg. I'm trying to save miles as well to get top dollar. I will be selling my 2017 mustang gt to get my new 2024 mustang. My build date is September 25, 2023.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish my round trip to work was 10 miles. I have to fill up every week. I love the "depending on your mood" comment. I've parked mine this week and have been driving my husband's car which gets about 42 mpg. I'm trying to save miles as well to get top dollar. I will be selling my 2017 mustang gt to get my new 2024 mustang. My build date is September 25, 2023.
The lowest mileage I have ever gotten is 16.5mpg when I was having a particularly bad week, burned through a tank in a week. Sometimes I wish I had an economy option, but my Mustang GT is my "Economy" car, LOL! My other vehicle is a 2003 F159 with the 5.4l Triton. On it's best day, I think it got 13mpg.

But, as my Dad says. You gotta pay to play, LOL!!

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The lowest mileage I have ever gotten is 16.5mpg when I was having a particularly bad week, burned through a tank in a week. Sometimes I wish I had an economy option, but my Mustang GT is my "Economy" car, LOL! My other vehicle is a 2003 F159 with the 5.4l Triton. On it's best day, I think it got 13mpg.

But, as my Dad says. You gotta pay to play, LOL!!
Yes! I love the F150. Of course, I love the mustang more! And, your dad is right, you gotta pay to play. I waited my whole life for me dream car and I got it!!! I have not looked back or regretted the payment every month (plus gas). I canā€™t imagine owning anything else.
I saw one of those huge SUVs the other day on the highway and the tag read gas guzzler in some crazy way that fit on the tag. I love it. You just embrace the fact that it is what it is. I had a boss tell me when I bought my mustang GT, ā€œwhat was wrong with your other carā€ and I told him its not about quantity, but quality and I wasnā€™t lying. I have never regretted buying this car, EVER. Iā€™ve got two more payments left and I canā€™t wait for my 2024. šŸ˜‰

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes! I love the F150. Of course, I love the mustang more! And, your dad is right, you gotta pay to play. I waited my whole life for me dream car and I got it!!! I have not looked back or regretted the payment every month (plus gas). I canā€™t imagine owning anything else.
I saw one of those huge SUVs the other day on the highway and the tag read gas guzzler in some crazy way that fit on the tag. I love it. You just embrace the fact that it is what it is. I had a boss tell me when I bought my mustang GT, ā€œwhat was wrong with your other carā€ and I told him its not about quantity, but quality and I wasnā€™t lying. I have never regretted buying this car, EVER. Iā€™ve got two more payments left and I canā€™t wait for my 2024. šŸ˜‰
I have loved the Mustang ever since I bought my first one in the early 1980's. It was just a basic 1970 Coupe 302 with Auto in a Medium Blue and Blue vinyl interior. That car sealed the deal and I have owned at lest one Mustang ever since, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. I bought my current 2006 GT in 2009 from the original owner and paid it off in 2012. I love not having a car payment, but I love the Dark Horse more. Seeing how Ford is putting the Dark Horse in production only sporadically, I am not expecting mine until the end of the year. But that's okay, good things come to those who wait. šŸ˜Ž

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have loved the Mustang ever since I bought my first one in the early 1980's. It was just a basic 1970 Coupe 302 with Auto in a Medium Blue and Blue vinyl interior. That car sealed the deal and I have owned at lest one Mustang ever since, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. I bought my current 2006 GT in 2009 from the original owner and paid it off in 2012. I love not having a car payment, but I love the Dark Horse more. Seeing how Ford is putting the Dark Horse in production only sporadically, I am not expecting mine until the end of the year. But that's okay, good things come to those who wait. šŸ˜Ž
I have always loved the first Mustang ever made (1964)šŸ˜. But really never have had the means until now. I thought about getting the Dark Horse, but I am happy with the GT Convertible. Iā€™m happy with my GT Convertible now and the the 2024 is better. My car will begin September 25 and I wonā€™t be too bummed if I donā€™t get it until the end of the year or early next year. Good things do come to those who wait. What color did you choose?

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have always loved the first Mustang ever made (1964)šŸ˜. But really never have had the means until now. I thought about getting the Dark Horse, but I am happy with the GT Convertible. Iā€™m happy with my GT Convertible now and the the 2024 is better. My car will begin September 25 and I wonā€™t be too bummed if I donā€™t get it until the end of the year or early next year. Good things do come to those who wait. What color did you choose?
Dark Horse with Appearance Package in the Blue Ember. I have been bouncing back and forth between Blue and Black Mustangs in recent years, (1998 V6, Black; 2001 GT, True Blue, 2006 GT, Black), so it's really Blue's turn. Good thing I really like the Blue Ember, and being available only with the AP is just a bonus. I am really digging the Black Alley accents instead of the bright chrome and the Dark cloth interior with the Deep Indigo Blue highlights are really nice.

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse with Appearance Package in the Blue Ember. I have been bouncing back and forth between Blue and Black Mustangs in recent years, (1998 V6, Black; 2001 GT, True Blue, 2006 GT, Black), so it's really Blue's turn. Good thing I really like the Blue Ember, and being available only with the AP is just a bonus. I am really digging the Black Alley accents instead of the bright chrome and the Dark cloth interior with the Deep Indigo Blue highlights are really nice.
Nice!! I love the blue ember.

MontegoRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM Power Wagon
Daily driver is a 2020 Ram 2500 Power Wagon with 35" tires and a 392 Hemi

When i get to 1/4 tank I fill 'er up...

Will be the same with the Mustang, just care about the SMILES PER GALLON!
I've got a 2019 PW on 35"s getting about 13mph. When driving to work, it was 100 miles/day. So twenty days per month, would be 2000 miles/month, at $3.50/gal. Looking at about $7k. I never understood folks who can milk $100 for a month when I was filing that up every couple days. That said, $100 every couple working days works out to only $1000 a month, so not sure what's going on with my math tonight....

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I've got a 2019 PW on 35"s getting about 13mph. When driving to work, it was 100 miles/day. So twenty days per month, would be 2000 miles/month, at $3.50/gal. Looking at about $7k. I never understood folks who can milk $100 for a month when I was filing that up every couple days. That said, $100 every couple working days works out to only $1000 a month, so not sure what's going on with my math tonight....
2000 miles at 13mpg and $3.50/gallon is $538.46. Is that one you meant? $7000/month in gas is A LOT!

OP
OP
Back2Gas

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
2000 miles at 13mpg and $3.50/gallon is $538.46. Is that one you meant? $7000/month in gas is A LOT!
I was gonna say... $7000/month on gas might be a tad high lol

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I am putting a lot of miles on a dodge Hemi 5.7 pickup truck because the owner is going through knee replacement. Surgery, 8 weeks rehab, just had surgery so 8 more weeks of rehab. Anyway three trips a week 20 miles each way plus addition driving to other doctors and shopping. I am getting near 20 miles to the gallon. Easy starts and I rely on cruse control as much as possible. On the other hand, when the owner drives it is a bit more aggressive and the milage suffers. After all, what can you expect from a former law enforcement officer who loves speed.

MontegoRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM Power Wagon
Yeah... brain fart. Forgot to calculate based on mpg... No wonder I came up with a ridiculously high number that I knew couldn't be correct!
Sponsored