• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How many miles were on your car at delivery?

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Mine had 12 miles off the truck... 13.6 when I picked it up.... PDI guy took to fill up gas tank.
:thumbsup:

26 miles and they still have to drive it to get gas and PDI it, so after that it will probably have somewhere around 35 miles on it before I get to turn the key. In some ways this all seems so silly to worry about if it was driven the way I would in the first 500 miles, but who knows what abuse the engine, clutch and drivetrain endured until it reached the dealership? I think I would be less concerned if I had an automatic instead of a manual trans
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
:thumbsup:

26 miles and they still have to drive it to get gas and PDI it, so after that it will probably have somewhere around 35 miles on it before I get to turn the key. In some ways this all seems so silly to worry about if it was driven the way I would in the first 500 miles, but who knows what abuse the engine, clutch and drivetrain endured until it reached the dealership? I think I would be less concerned if I had an automatic instead of a manual trans
The questionable miles (upon delivery) are those between the trip(s) and the odometer.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
but who knows what abuse the engine, clutch and drivetrain endured until it reached the dealership? I
At least for the travel from factory to dealer, the car should have been placed in a transport or delivery mode; the mode would have prevented those moving the vehicle from committing some of the most abusive behaviors. Yes, this mode can be deactivated by the driver, for those who know the sequences.

While I have no proof, I suspect most of the miles were done at the factory, as part of a more thorough QC check. Moving from truck-to-train and back again, will present few miles. People working these sites have little time. Referencing the thread earlier and some of the posts here, while few vehicles arrive with those miles, a car arriving with 20+ miles / 32 kms is not unusual.

The following thread highlights a pickup checklist another Member is developing:

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/new-car-acceptance-checklist.158844/

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least for the travel from factory to dealer, the car should have been placed in a transport or delivery mode; the mode would have prevented those moving the vehicle from committing some of the most abusive behaviors. Yes, this mode can be deactivated by the driver, for those who know the sequences.

While I have no proof, I suspect most of the miles were done at the factory, as part of a more thorough QC check. Moving from truck-to-train and back again, will present few miles. People working these sites have little time. Referencing the thread earlier and some of the posts here, while few vehicles arrive with those miles, a car arriving with 20+ miles / 32 kms is not unusual.

The following thread highlights a pickup checklist another Member is developing:

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/new-car-acceptance-checklist.158844/
Good points but I'm sure most of the people with experience in moving these cars around the lots and loading them on carriers and trains have knowledge in how to defeat the transport mode. Thank you, that is a good comprehensive checklist that I plan on using if I decide to take the car. Kudos to the person who put it together because most of us will get caught up in the excitement of picking up a new car and forget to look at the details before leaving the dealership.

Daydream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium,
Mine had 6. Received it back in August. Live in Michigan about 10 miles from Flat rock and the dealer is about 20 miles from the plant.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
My car just showed up at the dealer yesterday and today my sales person took a bunch of pictures for me as I live about 700 miles away and wanted to make sure that the panels all aligned (they do) and that there weren't any major problems before I hoof it up there to pick up the car. Only there is on thing that is pissing me off; there are almost 26 mlies on the odometer. The salesperson claims that this is how many miles the car showed up with and he specifically told the shop to put no miles on it. This is the most I've ever had on a brand new car from the factory in my 55 years of buying cars and it's really bothering me. The heck knows how it was driven in those 26 miles.....maybe all were at a Ā¼ mile at a time?

What mileage did your car show up with when you went to pick it up?
Mine was 10 miles!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
LOLā€¦

I think I put 5 on my test drive and they probably put another few for the full tank of gas.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 miles and frankly could care less. What can really happen in 20-30 miles? Itā€™s not a Lamborghiniā€¦
True, itā€™s only a Mustang, but breaking in an engine, gearbox and driveline is the same with any ICE automobile. Itā€™s really only the first 100 miles that you should take it a little easy on it, after that Iā€™ve always been of the opinion that with modern machining you no longer need to baby it much after that.

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
As someone else already said, itā€™s common practice for auto companies to select a few cars a day off the line to do a more in-depth quality check which includes driving the car on public roads, which obviously results in higher mileage at delivery.

Frankly, Iā€™d rather have a car like that because it means it got a more thorough quality check than most.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As someone else already said, itā€™s common practice for auto companies to select a few cars a day off the line to do a more in-depth quality check which includes driving the car on public roads, which obviously results in higher mileage at delivery.

Frankly, Iā€™d rather have a car like that because it means it got a more thorough quality check than most.
I said before, if testing or QC is how the mileage was accumulated, that's ok with me. What has my suspicions the the mileage was racked up by the dealer is the fact that in the photos the dealer sent me, all the stickers are still on the car but the plastic is off of the seats which I feel means the car was driven after delivery to the dealer when I specifically said to the dealer that I didnt want them putting any mileage on the car. Is that an unreasonable request?