• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hi, all! hows everyones doin

JohnLapesigue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I hope somebody can help me cus it's my first time to build a mustang and it's my first time to go in the shop to installed a lowering spring. with a camber plates.

does anybody experiencing on your s650 mustang after installing an Steeda progressive Magneride lowering spring with camber plates in the shop.

as soon as i drove the car i notice that the car is doing itself a quickly jerking off side to side motion! and its too dangerous. and also im scared to change lane cus it will do the same thing! but not the steering wheel but the car itself is doing site to side when i speed up around 30 , 40 50 60 and i waited 3 weeks to settle the spring and i got an steeda spec recommendation alignment! and after that same thing. how can i resolve this problem. it might be the shop installed the spring incorrect?

pls help mustang expertieze i live in arizona and its my only car and i daily it to drive it to work :(
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Welcome.

If you paid a shop to install these, then by all means, take your vehicle back there and tell them to address the issues.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I hope somebody can help me cus it's my first time to build a mustang and it's my first time to go in the shop to installed a lowering spring. with a camber plates.

does anybody experiencing on your s650 mustang after installing an Steeda progressive Magneride lowering spring with camber plates in the shop.

as soon as i drove the car i notice that the car is doing itself a quickly jerking off side to side motion! and its too dangerous. and also im scared to change lane cus it will do the same thing! but not the steering wheel but the car itself is doing site to side when i speed up around 30 , 40 50 60 and i waited 3 weeks to settle the spring and i got an steeda spec recommendation alignment! and after that same thing. how can i resolve this problem. it might be the shop installed the spring incorrect?

pls help mustang expertieze i live in arizona and its my only car and i daily it to drive it to work :(
Hi there! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and Iā€™ll look into this jerking concern with your Mustang. Thanks!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Hi there! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer, and Iā€™ll look into this jerking concern with your Mustang. Thanks!
He installed aftermarket springs and camber plates.

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Do you have new wheels? Is your lane centering function turned off?

OP
OP

JohnLapesigue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Do you have new wheels? Is your lane centering function turned off?
I have the stock rims and tires I ddnt change anything except lowered the car with camber plates. How do you turn off the centering function lane?

OP
OP

JohnLapesigue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have the stock rims and tires I ddnt change anything except lowered the car with camber plates. How do you turn off the centering function lane?
are you talking about the lane kept assist? I have it off and still the same

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
are you talking about the lane kept assist? I have it off and still the same
Lane keep and lane centering are two different things in this vehicle. double check Pg.218 and Pg. 232 of your owner's manual and please verify both systems are indeed turned off along with adaptive cruise control (and probably any driver assistances settings for the time being). I would post a picture of your dash currently and a short video of the symptoms experienced in an unoccupied road or lot for your safety. It sounds like improper workmanship upon first diagnosis but more information is needed, I believe.

S650 Mustang Hi, all!  hows everyones doin 1711041013416-dc

S650 Mustang Hi, all!  hows everyones doin 1711040958066-bd

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Owners manual clearly says: The lane assist may not correctly operate if you have aftermarket suspension.
Sounds like installing that wasnā€™t the best idea, you basically lose a car feature.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
If you need lane assist to drive correctly you probably shouldnā€™t be driving a Mustangā€¦

I approve of eliminating lane assist to lower your car
Sponsored