• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT vs Dark Horse

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Was gonna say, it looks like your favorite is and then you dropped the empty bottles on me .. lol .. how tall is the snake (plant) and have you had it bloom?
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Buy the highest level model you can afford and you will have no regrets. I have a Dark Horse and an S550 GT. Dark Horse is far superior to my GT.
S650 Mustang GT vs Dark Horse 1716730327451-ai

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
I hear you as the Coyote feels much more torquey than the Vodoo up to 4000 rpm and above they feel about the same and the Coyote does not vibrate and sounds much better…But compared to a LT1 or more so 392 Hemi the Torque that makes a V8 so much fun is simply not there…That is why I think after over 30 years since the Modular 4.6 Ford should invest in some new tooling that would allow for more than 93mm bore and give the Coyote 5.8 Liters…Or maybe the destroked 6.8 L Godzilla with aluminum block 👍
I had a 2017 Challenger Scat Pack. The 392 definitely pulls harder down low, but at higher speeds my 24 GT pulls harder than the 392 and honestly feels quite a bit faster. But it weighs like 400lb less and has more hp.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
When the foosball table is a rink can’t wait to see what you did to air hockey and darts 👍🏻😎🍻
Pool table (Brunswick Bradford II) and a huge home theater layout is at the other end. I also built a custom stand-up arcade cabinet that has about 3,000 of the old school games from the arcades we used to frequent back in the 1980s.

There's a full workout/gym room through the sliding doors over by the arcade ... I'm thinking about clearing that out completely and filling it with some pinball machines and all kinds of stand-up arcade games - the real ones.

Here are some pics of the whole layout from the security system.

S650 Mustang GT vs Dark Horse Screenshot_20240526_104956_Edge

S650 Mustang GT vs Dark Horse Screenshot_20240526_105017_Edge

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
First of all congrats … and when I was in your situation years ago I also opted for the GT. With the cost of buying our first home in California… new baby… it was all I could comfortably swing.

Hats off to you for being financially responsible but still having fun..
The GT is a great choice. I personally don’t get the love for the Dark Horse. I always see it in dark grey a colour to dull for me. Just remember it’s only 14 more hp than a GT with the adjustable exhaust but weight 122 more lbs. hmmm

FarNorth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
I was set on a Dark Horse but now thinking a GT would make more sense. 486HP for the GT and 500 for the DH is not much and I doubt that I will ever have my 2024 Mustang at the Drag Strip more than a couple times if ever with no road course outings.
We live in SW Florida where everything is pool table flat with no twisties, almost all 90 degree turns at stop signs and red light intersections. For that reason I am thinking that the additional cost for the "track oriented" DH would be tough to justify and I'm not sure if I even like the dark emblems and appearance of this model.
I guess it is fear of making a mistake here as I have done in the past with these types of choices. Nice that we have these great options.
Is there anything I am missing about the DH that could sway me in that direction which I can certainly afford.
GT 14 less hp…. DH 122lb more weight. Make a diff???
also the AT is faster and more fuel efficient.

Last edited:

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I like where this thread has gone to…some of my collection for your consideration…
429.jpeg
430.jpeg
1230.jpeg
1231.jpeg
You are a man of fine taste even if I am more a Hefeweizen and sweet Tequila guy...LOL
Look on the counter by the fridge: 9 row hot dog roller.

And everyone has a SuperChex bubble hockey game, right?

Screenshot_20240525_103815_Dropbox.jpg

The bar and the other stuff is about 1/4 of the finished basement.
Roadpilot you coming from Michigan you should yake some lessons from Kid Rocks cave...Its a long way to the top if you want to RocknRoll ! Where is the powder and the pole...LOL

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a 2017 Challenger Scat Pack. The 392 definitely pulls harder down low, but at higher speeds my 24 GT pulls harder than the 392 and honestly feels quite a bit faster. But it weighs like 400lb less and has more hp.
Steyr TORQUE and the ability to row your own gears makes the V8 experience so much fun as also the beautiful music it makes...To me the Mustang needs more displacement , shorter gears 1-2-3 and a new chassis and maybe like the F150 a aluminum body to get excited about the last ponycar standing ! Until then I hold on to my Last Call Challenger WB 6 speed...Or BMW puts another n/a V8 8 throttle body/shift cam 5.6 liter in their M2/3/4 ! Time will tell...The new Charger without a V8 is not even on the list even if I kind of like the looks and practical hatch...But electric/Barf or BMW inline-6 only...Sorry Dodge !

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is precisely what has happened to me.
Essentially had no meaningful credit score as I had not taken on any car loans, installment loans, credit card balances, or mortgages, for 20 years. Credit score was 770 based on no credit and then took a car loan to get the $1500 financing incentive. Paid it off 6 months later and credit score dropped 35 points. Did the same thing again 18 months later and now down to 715.
There is no sense to this BS what so ever. Finance everthing in your posession half of which you can't afford along with carring credit card balances and they will reward you with an 800+ score.
Ya think they do this to feed their own industry and have us all working for the bank our entire lives? Naaaaahhh!
That is the "american" way...Cash or early payoff is not king..."They" want their pound of flesh so if you pay off early they dock you because they did not get their Thousands of dollars of interest out of you...Look at mortgage which is even worse...When you finally paid off your house you paif for 3 houses and still owe tax for the rest of your life...They call that freedom as they dont have to work...LOL
Sponsored