• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT vs Dark Horse

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2011 Mustang GT, 2016 Mustang V6, DH ordered
I forgot about the Tremec in the DH vs the GT, that is a worthwile upgrade in my mind.
Thanks to all have taken the time to share their advice and perspectives. :thumbsup:
If love to row your own gears go for the DH with the TREMEC tranny. It is fantastic. The mt82 does not come close.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
If love to row your own gears go for the DH with the TREMEC tranny. It is fantastic. The mt82 does not come close.
I drove a Mach 1 with the Tremec. The feel wasn't that much different from the MT82D4 in my 2020 S550.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
For the ebrake IIRC.
Drift brake, more specifically.

Ford says the Electronic Drift Brake operates in a binary fashion. It’s more of a switch than a lever, with two settings depending on the driver’s skill level. When the driver engages it, Ford says the car applies four to five times the normal braking, which drivers can use to slide the vehicle more easily.

I believe the second calipers are what allows it to achieve the "four to five times normal braking".

Want to Try Drifting? Try the New Mustang’s Electronic Drift Brake (motorbiscuit.com)

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Drift brake, more specifically.

Ford says the Electronic Drift Brake operates in a binary fashion. It’s more of a switch than a lever, with two settings depending on the driver’s skill level. When the driver engages it, Ford says the car applies four to five times the normal braking, which drivers can use to slide the vehicle more easily.

I believe the second calipers are what allows it to achieve the "four to five times normal braking".

Want to Try Drifting? Try the New Mustang’s Electronic Drift Brake (motorbiscuit.com)
As in not progressive, even though a handle to modulate still really just a flip switch.

RiksDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Cadillac Escalade Sport.
Yes, my HP had terrible wheelhop. A month ago I installed Steeda's subframe bushing system, subframe alignment kit, and subframe support braces and still had wheelhop. I just finished installing everything else in their stop the hop line and am waiting on my alignment appointment with Ford. Tried to get a Lifetime alignment from Firestone and they wouldn't touch my car lol
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. So basically, so far the kit has not shown any improvement in the DH?

GhastlyTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Mach-E GT, and 2017 S1000RR
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. So basically, so far the kit has not shown any improvement in the DH?
It was definitely an improvement over stock but I was still occasionally getting hop on my hard 1 to 2 shifts. My goal was to eliminate the chatter completely before my Whipple arrives so I went full ham and put the rest of Steeda's kit on it. There is ZERO wheelhop now that I've got it back from alignment but because I went full ham instead of slice by slice, I can't say what parts were most effective.

RiksDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2023 Cadillac Escalade Sport.
It was definitely an improvement over stock but I was still occasionally getting hop on my hard 1 to 2 shifts. My goal was to eliminate the chatter completely before my Whipple arrives so I went full ham and put the rest of Steeda's kit on it. There is ZERO wheelhop now that I've got it back from alignment but because I went full ham instead of slice by slice, I can't say what parts were most effective.
Ha! Got you! Im in the same predicament. At least blower is a month away, so hopefully will get to the bottom of it. Lol.
Thanks, Man! 🙏

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As in not progressive, even though a handle to modulate still really just a flip switch.
I have no idea. I'm only going of what Ford has published about it.

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
All other things equal, higher HP means greater top speed. So, yes, you can fell and experience that.
Top speed in a country where you can lose your driving “privileges” or even your car and go to jail getting caught going faster than 100 is not that important but Torque is what makes a car feel fast and presses you into the seat…And I dont know the S650 but the S550 Mach 1 was governed to 162 mph for whatever reason…That is why the 5.0 still feels the same powerwise since 2015 no matter if 430 or 500 hp especially with the overly tall gearing since 2018 and now with 200 lbs more for sure not faster…Its not a fast car by todays standards but like a good adult beverage should be enjoyed for the sound it makes and the fact that you can still row your own gears 👍

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Top speed in a country where you can lose your driving “privileges” or even your car and go to jail getting caught going faster than 100 is not that important but Torque is what makes a car feel fast and presses you into the seat…And I dont know the S650 but the S550 Mach 1 was governed to 162 mph for whatever reason…That is why the 5.0 still feels the same powerwise since 2015 no matter if 430 or 500 hp especially with the overly tall gearing since 2018 and now with 200 lbs more for sure not faster…Its not a fast car by todays standards but like a good adult beverage should be enjoyed for the sound it makes and the fact that you can still row your own gears 👍
It’s not how fast you can go but rather how quickly you can get there (there includes going fast - as in how quickly you can get going fast). Is the journey worth the drive or just happy it’s over?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Top speed in a country where you can lose your driving “privileges” or even your car and go to jail getting caught going faster than 100 is not that important ...
Your subjective OPINION is duly noted.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Luckily we have the AUTOBAHN! Every man's dream :) So no problem to go hard on a DH on a street.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a number of places to open up my cars to top speed without much worry. Z06 ran out of road at 174 MPH, IIRC. Let's just say it pays to still have former co-workers in the right places ... 😉

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Luckily we have the AUTOBAHN! Every man's dream :) So no problem to go hard on a DH on a street.
Sounds like you live in Germany 🇩🇪…My question does the hood still flutter because air goes underneath it and does it starts floating at around 140 mph like I experienced once on a deserted road in Nevada in one of the last 550’s…Not a good feeling !
Sponsored