• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Rear Bumper Alignment (missing clips??)

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Hey all, just noticed something on my rear bumper where it comes up and meets at the taillights. Seems like there is a last clip missing to connect rear fender to the lower rear bumper here, as the back end seems to flex out at the taillight, and not stay nice and tight and in line. If I pull gently on the rear part by the tailight, it does flex out slightly.

Does anyone have this same alignment issue between rear fender/bumper where it seems like a clip is missing on each side near taillight?

Tried to take some pics of what I'm referring to.

Is this something you would address to the dealership to remedy. Obviously always concerned about lengthy time of them keeping the car and potentially making things worse, or if they would even fix it at all.

S650 Mustang GT Rear Bumper Alignment (missing clips??) 20231006_135742

S650 Mustang GT Rear Bumper Alignment (missing clips??) 20231006_135750
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
there is a TSB for this, your dealer will fix it for free.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Me or.. that two different colors? Maybe the light hitting it, but.

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Me or.. that two different colors? Maybe the light hitting it, but.
I think it's the concrete reflecting on the one and not the other. Yeah, looks weird.

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
there is a TSB for this, your dealer will fix it for free.
Great, thanks for the info. Is there a reference number to it I can search for or find? Thanks again.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Great, thanks for the info. Is there a reference number to it I can search for or find? Thanks again.
23-2302 is the TSB number

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
So, been dealing with service at the dealership that I purchased the GT at. They just texted me this morning the following:

"After careful review, we are going to recommend you take this vehicle to a shop with a body shop. Grapevine Ford, for instance, works with DFW Collisions to handle body work. Here at this location, we do not have that available to us."

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Obviously I did not purchase vehicle at this other dealership, and it's definitely not close to me........Hoping I can get a loaner while the item is being fixed.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
So, been dealing with service at the dealership that I purchased the GT at. They just texted me this morning the following:

"After careful review, we are going to recommend you take this vehicle to a shop with a body shop. Grapevine Ford, for instance, works with DFW Collisions to handle body work. Here at this location, we do not have that available to us."

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Obviously I did not purchase vehicle at this other dealership, and it's definitely not close to me........Hoping I can get a loaner while the item is being fixed.
Take it in to the dealership that has a body shop. Other dealerships won't be able to fix it.
Get them to look at it, and if they need parts, dont leave the car there. Take the car back when they order the parts.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
This tells me Grapevine Ford lacks the expertise to fix your car. Collision shops that are contracted by dealers should know what they are doing. Bottom line get it fixed to your satisfaction.

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
This tells me Grapevine Ford lacks the expertise to fix your car. Collision shops that are contracted by dealers should know what they are doing. Bottom line get it fixed to your satisfaction.
Just want to be clear here as to not throw shade in wrong direction. Grapevine Ford is who I was referred to, and not the dealer I purchased from saying they cannot do repair.

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Just want to be clear here as to not throw shade in wrong direction. Grapevine Ford is who I was referred to, and not the dealer I purchased from saying they cannot do repair.
Bit dated but wanted to see how your repair turned out?

I've noticed the same thing on the driver side and the body shop at the dealership just said we tried and that's the best we can get it. I checked here to get the TSB and see if they even knew that was out there.

OP
OP

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Bit dated but wanted to see how your repair turned out?

I've noticed the same thing on the driver side and the body shop at the dealership just said we tried and that's the best we can get it. I checked here to get the TSB and see if they even knew that was out there.
So I took it in to Five Star Ford near me Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and got it back this past Monday. I haven't taken pics yet, but I'm 98% happy with it. Not 100% flush the whole way on eXh side, but it's much better than it was. Especially the part on drivers side where it meets the tail light.

I'll try to take some pics tomorrow and post.

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Thx, I'd definitely take 98%.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
So I took it in to Five Star Ford near me Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and got it back this past Monday. I haven't taken pics yet, but I'm 98% happy with it. Not 100% flush the whole way on eXh side, but it's much better than it was. Especially the part on drivers side where it meets the tail light.

I'll try to take some pics tomorrow and post.
I actually just dropped mine off today at 5 star for this same thing. (The one on George bush)
was this the location on George Bush or the one on the west side near Carrollton?
I also got the runaround from people telling me they wouldn’t fix it like cmon it’s a bumper you know how to take it off
Sponsored